We bought our first this year.
1. Go with a good dealer. We paid $1500 more to be closer and a solid dealer. It's paid off.
2. Good hitch. We bought a used propride for $1100 and love it. We are pulling 35' as rookies and while stressed we are not white knuckling. We are entertaining, hence the new rv gps.
3. A bigger vehicle. We are technically within weight and it's working good but a heavier truck would feel better. I think.
4. Startup costs grow and grow. It's setting up a second house. We could have done it cheaper but I needed a data center, new dishes, two sewer hoses, CHOCKS, new gps, towels...today I needed pink flamingos. All that tent camping stuff that I thought I could reuse in the camper, not so much.
5. Bathroom access when slides are in. Friends told us that.
6. Get enough beds that you aren't having to make and remake beds every day...same friends.