Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-10-2015, 09:35 AM   #1

First time Rv: Any thoughts on the Wildwood 36BHBS or general advice?

I am looking into a used 2013 model for $19k. I am brand new to Rv's. Out of all of the brands/models I have seen, this one has the best floor plan, storage and bunkhouse for our family of 5 (kids are ages 4,6, 10). I know next to nothing about the quality of this brand and am trying to google to death before putting down any money. It seems that you get a lot for your money with this one, which also has me wondering if "I am getting what I am paying for" because so many smaller, less appealing ones cost more. I really love it, though, and hope it's a good value. So far, it seems people are pleased with this brand for the most part and I have family telling me it's a great brand.

We are looking to stay in this around 6 months while building a house, then using it for short trips.

Another question: My brother in law owns an Rv Repair company in Austin, Tx. We do not intend to purchase an extended warranty for this reason, we can get parts at cost and free service. Do you think this is a mistake? We are on a tight budget right this moment as we are paying cash for both this rv and our home down payment (20k is our max and that is the total after taxes,ect.). Would you try to make it happen anyway? We can handle repairs as they come for the most part (things under a couple grand to fix) as long as they don't happen next week .

Thanks so much for any advice!
3monkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 09:44 AM   #2
Site Team

We had a 2008 Wildwood with a bunkhouse in the back that we used for a couple of years. Never had any major problems with it. We moved up to a 5th wheel because we wanted more room but for the time we had it, we loved it.
Iwritecode is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 09:51 AM   #3

Have known a few people that have had wildwoods and they have enjoyed them.

Tags
first time, wildwood