Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-10-2014, 08:16 AM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenner View Post
65-70 would be fantastic! Sadly, around here the weather stinks! It has been nice but not many days of it. I am just happy it is above freezing I guess. I live in Two Rivers. Right on Lake Michigan so it is always colder here. I think it is only supposed to be in the low 40's this weekend....blah.
Point Beach is one of our favorite State Parks. Love the dog beach. There used to be a guy with a sawmill on the left side of road leading to the enterence. We would always stop there and buy firewood, great count for the price.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 04:28 PM   #62

We're also getting ready to move onto our first seasonal site near Shiocton, WI. I'll miss weekends at Point Beach, Harrington Beach and Kohler Andrae but pulling up to an already set-up camper will be nice.

Where are people getting the 300 gallon waste tanks from?
jasonbooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 04:44 PM   #63

Welcome Jason! I bought our 300 gallon tank from the campground we are staying at.

Lots of people stay at Point Beach. It is a very popular campground and hard to get into in the summer!
Jenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 07:31 PM   #64

Jason. We too are buying them from the campground. It is much cheaper. You can get them online but they are $500 plus over $100 shipping. They buy them bulk as a campground so they get them cheaper shipped. I would ask your owners. I could put you down for another one but then you would have to drive up to Lakewood to get it
Old 04-10-2014, 08:34 PM   #65

Cool, I'll definitely be asking our campground owner. We planning to take the camper up in two weeks.

I was pricing 42 gallon totes at nearly $300 with shipping. The 300 gallon tank seems to make more sense.
jasonbooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 08:31 AM   #66

Well we were going to go up to the campground this weekend to drop some stuff off and check on the camper but it is supposed to be COLD and rainy....again.....UGH!
Old 04-11-2014, 08:38 AM   #67

Funny I was thinking about taking a ride up too. Just to check it out because we have not been giving the green light to take our camper in yet. Maybe I'll save the gas and just wait for a report on snow from you
Old 04-11-2014, 09:36 AM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavynlori View Post
We live on Lake Erie but camp in Mohican area for the summer - snow is finally gone here and forecast near 65-70 this weekend - perfect for starting the season - it has been the worst winter on record here - more snow than the blizzard of 1978
We used to live in Sandusky, Ohio. We are now living near Grand Rapids, Mi. Our house is actually in Ottawa County, Michigan where I worked as a Ottawa County Sheriffs Dept. as a Marine Patrol Deputy.

We camped a few times at a campground on the Mohican River. I can't remember the name of the campground but it had a bar/carryout and was right on the river. Also had canoes and would take you upstream then you could canoe back to the campground. We were tent campers at the time. It was good times back then. In recent years when we would go back to Ohio for a visit we would stay at Cedar Lane Campground near you. Great campground, love the pools and close to the ferry to Put In Bay.

But getting back to the original post, we too are first time seasonal campers. We did keep a boat at a Marina in Ohio that we would spend weekends and short vacations on so I am somewhat familiar with the concept.

Tomorrow we will be spending our first night at our new second home. Can't wait the weather tomorrow is going to be great.

2012 F250 Super Duty
2013 Sabre 33CKTS
BuckeyeChuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 12:10 PM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by travyp View Post
Funny I was thinking about taking a ride up too. Just to check it out because we have not been giving the green light to take our camper in yet. Maybe I'll save the gas and just wait for a report on snow from you
Well.....our campground posted pics again....still plenty of snow but it is melting! We may still go up. We have to walk in cuz the campground roads are too mucky but we can still bring some stuff up.
Old 04-11-2014, 02:31 PM   #70

Welcome to all the first time seasonal campers. We are just entering year 2. On Tuesday, April 15, campground opens for us and our new Rockwood Signature 8329SS is to be hooked up. I will pack up our current camper and then wait till the new one is set up . . . then unpack that day. First camping trip is April 25-27 -- rain or snow -- we will be there. We hope to have running water by then and pray that we don't get freezing temps at night. In Wisconsin you never know what you'll get.

Enjoy the camping season. Ours in the Plainfield, WI, area is April 15 through October 15.
wiscoheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 04:02 PM   #71

We live in Ottawa County too!!
heavynlori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 06:41 PM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavynlori View Post
We live in Ottawa County too!!
Yeah, I know. I have been to your sheriff dept. A few times back in the day when I worked for Perkins Twp. P.D. I thought it funny that I'd be working for the Ottawa County Michigan Sheriff Dept.

2012 F250 Super Duty
2013 Sabre 33CKTS
Old 04-11-2014, 06:44 PM   #73

Small world we all live in 🌎
Old 04-12-2014, 05:52 PM   #74

Rain rain go away come back another day....pouring rain today. I doubt we will drive up to Lakewood tomorrow as it will be way too muddy. Oh well...hopefully the rain will melt the rest of the snow.
Old 04-12-2014, 06:16 PM   #75

Do any of you have a shed on your site? If so, what type is it?
Old 04-12-2014, 06:21 PM   #76

Quote:
Do any of you have a shed on your site? If so, what type is it?

We share one with our neighbors - it is one of those Rubbermaid resin ones with double doors in front and windows all around - we bought it from another seasonal neighbor who was leaving and wanted to sell - works great to keep storage clean in camper - we keep mower, yard tools, all of our cleaning supplies, and store our extra things for winter that we used to haul home.
Old 04-13-2014, 07:41 AM   #77

We got lucky last night. It rained here for about 45 mins. North of us had major thunderstorms come through. Wind gusts up to 80 miles an hour power lines down for 13,000 people and trees knocked down. Wow!

2012 F250 Super Duty
2013 Sabre 33CKTS
Old 04-13-2014, 08:04 AM   #78

Quote:
Rain rain go away come back another day....pouring rain today. I doubt we will drive up to Lakewood tomorrow as it will be way too muddy. Oh well...hopefully the rain will melt the rest of the snow.

We didn't take a ride either because of the rain. I hope they got as much as we did. That sure would get rid of the snow. We really want a shed but don't think we will this year. We will get one of the plastic ones. Probably 8x8 size. They have a lawnmower we can use so don't need that but it is nice to keep stuff out of the elements. By time you put the base down and then the shed it's almost $1000 depending on size of shed so I will save up for next season. I have way too much I bought for the site already this year.
Old 04-13-2014, 09:27 AM   #79
Boss Ox & Drovergirl

Hi Jenner,
I'm posting a little late but I don't know if your TV question was ever answered. On our Jensen system, you have to turn on the TV, go to the TV menu and select AV, otherwise the TV doesn't know what signal to look for.

As for the shower in the RV, -- MOISTURE -- especially in the summer. We squeegee our walls and floor of the shower after each shower. Even with the exhaust vents going, you want to minimize the amount of moisture accumulating on the walls and everything else. We also take our towels and washcloths and hang them outside to dry when possible. Put a tub of damp rid in the corner of the bathroom too. As a side note, if you're paying for elect and propane, you're paying to heat water that you may save $$ on. That being said, I prefer to use my own shower too.
1992 Goldwing Aspencade
oxcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 01:46 PM   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxcamper View Post
Hi Jenner,
I'm posting a little late but I don't know if your TV question was ever answered. On our Jensen system, you have to turn on the TV, go to the TV menu and select AV, otherwise the TV doesn't know what signal to look for.

As for the shower in the RV, -- MOISTURE -- especially in the summer. We squeegee our walls and floor of the shower after each shower. Even with the exhaust vents going, you want to minimize the amount of moisture accumulating on the walls and everything else. We also take our towels and washcloths and hang them outside to dry when possible. Put a tub of damp rid in the corner of the bathroom too. As a side note, if you're paying for elect and propane, you're paying to heat water that you may save $$ on. That being said, I prefer to use my own shower too.
I think we tried that with our Jensen with no luck. It gets the the DVD loading screen and then says error. It doesn't read the DVD.

Tags
camping, first time