Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-14-2014, 06:59 PM   #1

First time winterizing

Today I gave it a shot at winterizing my Windjammer. Checked out all the info I could find in the forums, watched a couple of you tube videos. I decided why not? With temps expected in my part of Va tonight high 20s to low 30s it had to be done. I followed the directions and it was simple, turn a couple of valves to bypass the water heater and isolate the fresh water tank. Empty the hot water tank. Turn on the pump and start opening faucets till pink appears. Was really simple ( at least I think its right ) also put about a cup each in the traps and toilet. I can't wait till spring to start up again. Hope I did things right. Hats off to the contributors on this forum, you all have a answer or suggestion for every topic with easy to follow directions. I guess I saved over $100.00 today, that's a couple nights camping.

Chuck "still in Va "
Charles Firth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 07:24 PM   #2

I'm not familiar with your RV but if you have a black water flush you need to blow the water out of that and also in the city water connection you need to carefully remove the little screen and stick you finger in the opening and release any water that is behind the check valve and then put the screen back in. If you have a water filter system you need to remove the filter and drain that. Sound like you don't have that though.
One more thing if you have an outside shower don't forget to run anti-freeze through that. Like I said I don't know how your RV is equipped, just trying to cover all the bases.
Other that that you have it done correctly, nothing to it.
Camped 2016-71, 2017-33, 2018-29 booked
KT4W
BooBoo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 07:50 PM   #3

I did have a inside water filter, which I removed the filter and put the bowl back on its base. I have an outside winterize hookup for a garden hose fitting to pump the antifreeze into the pipes. I do have a black water flush,and I drained the low point lines. I did nothing with that other than make sure the black and grey tanks were empty. I did remember to put the pink stuff through the outside shower. I think I have things covered, first time you always second guess yourself. I still need to take it to the dealer for some service and a state inspection which is required in Va I will get them to double check just in case.

Chuck "still in Va "
Charles Firth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
first time, winter, winterize