Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-06-2017, 12:37 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidey1972 View Post
While i wash my trailer with a wash/wax combo mixture, I refuse to waste an entire Sunday waxing and polishing my trailer. There are a lot of things I do, which already eat up an entire day, but that effort will never be wasted on me
Maybe you have a Great Grand Son or Sons as I do !!!
Or maybe a Good neighbor kid that wants to make a couple of Bucks ??? ???
$40 maybe $50 and stays pretty clean,,, until we go driving in the rain !!!
A good polished unit is easy to keep clean !!!
Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 12:41 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine 1945 View Post
Maybe you have a Great Grand Son or Sons as I do !!!
Or maybe a Good neighbor kid that wants to make a couple of Bucks ??? ???
$40 maybe $50 and stays pretty clean,,, until we go driving in the rain !!!
A good polished unit is easy to keep clean !!!
Nah, Ive just stopped trying to achieve perfection with certian things.

I had a car I adored years ago, bought it new, was 14 years old. I washed it all the time, waxed it, babied it. It got Tboned and totaled.

Nicest looking vehicle in the auto wreckers. Since then, Ive stopped letting material objects rule my life.

Saying that, doesnt mean I dont maintain things. I still maintain my vehicles mechanically so they are there to do their jobs.

But things like Bugs on the front of my truck, I let them be. I live out of the city, I would need to wash my truck daily to keep them off.

I value my time more than I used to.
spidey1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 12:50 PM   #23

Quote:
Nah, Ive just stopped trying to achieve perfection with certian things.

I had a car I adored years ago, bought it new, was 14 years old. I washed it all the time, waxed it, babied it. It got Tboned and totaled.

Nicest looking vehicle in the auto wreckers. Since then, Ive stopped letting material objects rule my life.

Saying that, doesnt mean I dont maintain things. I still maintain my vehicles mechanically so they are there to do their jobs.

But things like Bugs on the front of my truck, I let them be. I live out of the city, I would need to wash my truck daily to keep them off.

I value my time more than I used to.
Sorry to hear about your old car !!!
Guess you came out of it ok ???
Old 10-06-2017, 12:57 PM   #24

Quote:
While i wash my trailer with a wash/wax combo mixture, I refuse to waste an entire Sunday waxing and polishing my trailer. There are a lot of things I do, which already eat up an entire day, but that effort will never be wasted on me

I have a small power polisher from Canadian Tire that cost me about 30.00. I can do my 42 foot 5th wheel in about 1/2 a day.....with beer.

Either way, to each their own. The point of the post was to inform the OP that including a yearly or semi yearly clean/inspection schedule goes a LONG way to keeping your unit looking new
Gsxrgrizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 12:58 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine 1945 View Post
Sorry to hear about your old car !!!
Guess you came out of it ok ???
I did, but also a wake up call. My father-in-law is bad for perfection. Abd yes he has an old truck with very low kms and looks like new, but he has time for that (retired)

With a family of five to take care of, a house, vehicles, etc something need to give. Im not lazy, hell this weekend Ive probably got two days with of work to do to get my house winter ready.

Should I wax my cars to, Im sure I should. But I wont. Really a person could fill up all their free time maintaining what they own. You just have to pick what is important.
Old 10-06-2017, 12:59 PM   #26

I don't cover mine I park it at our fair grounds in one of the horse barns. It never sees snow this way.
Old 10-06-2017, 01:00 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsxrgrizz View Post
I have a small power polisher from Canadian Tire that cost me about 30.00. I can do my 42 foot 5th wheel in about 1/2 a day.....with beer.

Either way, to each their own. The point of the post was to inform the OP that including a yearly or semi yearly clean/inspection schedule goes a LONG way to keeping your unit looking new
there you go, 1/2 a day. I get two days off a weekend, that right there is 1/4 of it gone.

No thanks, but if you enjoy it, its all good

Sometimes I think people feel guilty actualy enjoying themselves on the weekend. Guess as I get older I sometime see doing nothing is actually good for you.
Old 10-08-2017, 07:21 AM   #28

Quote:
I did, but also a wake up call. My father-in-law is bad for perfection. Abd yes he has an old truck with very low kms and looks like new, but he has time for that (retired)

With a family of five to take care of, a house, vehicles, etc something need to give. Im not lazy, hell this weekend Ive probably got two days with of work to do to get my house winter ready.

Should I wax my cars to, Im sure I should. But I wont. Really a person could fill up all their free time maintaining what they own. You just have to pick what is important.
Sounds like I must be a lot like your father-in-law !!!
With my 2003 F-150 with 37k miles on it,,, never drive it in the rain !!!
LOL !!!

Tags
first time, winter