Old 10-27-2015, 08:42 AM   #11
Corelle wear not coralwear is an excellent chose of dishes...elchilro53 is correct.
Following up on riznfall shake-down trips we did our first couple in our driveway...great way to learn about your TT, backing in & out of your space and what you really need or not...
Have fun

2015 Windjammer 2618VS
2016 Silverado 2500HD Z71 6.0L 4:10 gears w/max. tow package
Reese Strait-Line WD
MainelyUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 09:25 AM   #12
geezer with gadgets
Your board, board shorts (unless you are into surfing naked ), good board wax, sunshine, good swells, etc.

The main thing is to just have fun! You aren't going to be on a desert island for your first few trips, so just take what you think you need and then stop at Walmart (RV Section), Dollar Tree, Home Depot, Lowes, etc. as things come up. It's too easy to spend a lot of $$$ early on in this adventure and then not use half the stuff. As I said, Just have fun!

Enjoy your new Class C and shaka!

(retired wanna be surfer )

Sent from my Atari 2600
2011 Sunseeker 3170ds "Ladybug"
Days camped 2015: 37; 2016: 56
757Dave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 09:58 AM   #13
'Biggairth20' ...Quote: "Here is our question...WHAT DO WE NEED? kitchen stuff, outdoor stuff, hoses, is there a list someplace, that is way more extensive than a starter kit...I want it all, we need the inside tips, the secrets to a comfy weekend...what am I not even thinking about...I know, bug spray..."
The list could be endless but make an effort to keep it light .

Now that you are fitting out your rig go to the Dollar Store
and buy some 'pool noodles' ... - why -... you ask, well they are one of the best things to use to help stow :verb-Fill by packing tightly: everything and more.

They can be cut and shaped easily ...use inside and out
They are light...bring extra, you will be surprised where you can use'em
They are lots, good to use at home too

Hope this helps

'07 WildCat 30 RLBS ~ West Coast Edition ~
Trail Air - Tri Glide Pin Box
2000 F350 DRW 7.3 Diesel Lariat 89k miles
Edge programmer, 4" SS exhaust turbo/back
Vancouver Island, B.C., Canada

Islander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 11:27 AM   #14
Silicone, microwavable and collapsible are the key words for kitchen needs. The Rachel Ray garbage bowl works perfect for a dish washing bowl.
lsauer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 11:35 AM   #15
Originally Posted by Sierra360PDEK View Post

Driveway camp for a night or two and you'll see what you need. Remember there's almost always a close by store when camping and Amazon is your friend.
Definitely! We found a lot of items we wanted and needed while we did that. The only thing we forgot to bring for our first 'real' camping trip was a corkscrew for the wine!
David and Vicki
5 year old Springer rescues Sydney and Piper
2013 Silverado LTZ Crew Cab Duramax/Allison stock "Big Red"
2016 Dutchmen Denali 287RE "The Dog House"
Eaz Lift WDH w/ Blue Ox 2 1/2" trunion
Springerdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 11:51 AM   #16
I try to freeze leftovers the month or two before so that I have dinners that just need to be heated up. You have everything you need in the RV but it is not the same as home.
gpalladinob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 12:33 PM   #17
I found a complete set of Corelle, for four, at our local Goodwill store. They also a few other kitchen and BBQ pieces. Check out plastic buckets/boxes to hold stuff under the sink like liquids or sponges, etc.
Have fun and welcome to the group.
Bonnie and Rich
Winston (Rat Terrier)
Digby (Lhasa Apso)
2014 Shamrock 23IKSS
dudleydoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 12:55 PM   #18
You can "RV" in your driveway for a weekend. Keep a written list as you realize things you've forgotten (you can step back into your house briefly to retrieve the item). Find and attend an RV Boot Camp! Mistakes made with RVs are often expensive and, sometimes dangerous. A Boot Camp will explain and "demystify" all the systems found in a modern RV. RV Boot Camp will be time and money VERY well spent. The Escapees RV Club runs an excellent Boot Camp (other groups offer Boot Camps too). run by Mark Polk and, RV Travel - News, information & advice for RV enthusiasts run by Chuck Woodbury are also great resources for RVers. Join FROG ~ Forest River Owners Group. Don't go too far afield for your first two or three trips. That way, you won't be 50 miles (or more) from civilization, should you realize you've forgotten something important. Finally, RELAX and enjoy your new RV. Welcome!
jkoenig24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 01:00 PM   #19
LA-Lower Alabama Resident
We just bought a travel trailer and went camping for the first time in April so we just went through all of this.

If there is a Camping World Store nearby go there and just wander around. My advice is just make a list from there with what you want and then look for it on Amazon. (Amazon Prime will be your best friend). Camco brand makes all kinds of things like this that I use for my dishes

If you get the Amazon app on your phone you can scan bar codes in the CW store and see if Amazon offers it and at what price. Just keep in mind when shopping that your storage is limited.
mysticks1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 01:49 PM   #20
I have an "office kit" that's a small pencil box with rubber bands, mini stapler, post it notes, bulldog clips, paper clips, pens and pencils, scotch tape, etc. I also carry a small bottle of bleach (not splash-less!), Simple green, dish soap, liquid soap and disinfectant wipes in a bucket. I bought a small table lamp - lighting is often harsh in campers. Small, sealed, see-through containers for flour, sugar, Bisquick, rice, oatmeal. Don't forget foil, plastic wrap, a few zip lock bags, and a couple of containers for leftovers. We have an R-Pod so storage is very limited.

Debbie and Erv
2013 Lily Pad
Jeep Liberty or Town and Country Mini van
DebbieHM is offline   Reply With Quote

first time