Old 10-27-2015, 03:10 PM   #21

I wouldn't leave the driveway without a tire pressure monitor system. Safety first! I use the TST 507rv system and it will give you real time tire pressure and temp, plus it will tell you emediatly if you have a flat. Don't skimp here.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Blowout 1.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	423.9 KB
ID:	93009   Click image for larger version

Name:	Blowout 2.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	318.5 KB
ID:	93010  

Aviator Wright Flyer #1919
Army Pathfinder Vietnam, 3 tours
DAV, MOPH, VFW, NRA, 1stCav. ABN
Blackhat6mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 05:04 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhat6mike View Post
I wouldn't leave the driveway without a tire pressure monitor system. Safety first! I use the TST 507rv system and it will give you real time tire pressure and temp, plus it will tell you emediatly if you have a flat. Don't skimp here.
Good point. I just bought one myself for our TT. I can't see the tires on our TT when we're rolling, but it can sure help avoid major body damage if something causes a low tire.

2016 Dutchmen Denali 287RE "The Dog House"
Eaz Lift WDH 1400# w/ Blue Ox 2 1/2" trunion
EezRV TPMS
Springerdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 06:38 PM   #23

What do we need - Forester 3011DS

I'm sitting in our 3011 at Hilton Head. For the BEDROOM we got the nice bronze stickup hooks from Home Depot. I put mine between the back wall of the rig and the hinge of the clothing closet. Great for hanging up bathrobes. Looking at the bed from the bottom, between the right side of the bed and the back window is a low small shelf. It's too low to be useful. My husband built a slide in box that is as high as just under the window frame & as long as the useless shelf. This gives me a counter to put my personal items & the box can be removed when bringing in the slideout. The right side of the bed has no electric outlets. We got a heavy duty electric cord, ran it under the mattress for power on the right side of the bed when needed in my case a tower fan. We got a electric mattress pad to heat up the bed on those cold nights. Really feels good.
BATHROOM, we hung a 2nd towel bar under the one that came with the rig. More space for towels. Found a nice cotton rug for in front of the toilet. Great on those cold days. Shower, we keep our laundry basket in there & as you know there is little ventilation, I put a air freshner in the shower when not in use. DINNETTE storage drawer - I found clear plastic storage containers by Sterilite (6 qrt size) that will sit on the lip of the outside walls of the drawer. Allows storage in the plastic box and under the box. KITCHEN CABINET STORAGE - Big Lots carries plastic storage containers by "Keeper" called 'large handled storage basket'. They make it easier to pull things out of the cabinets. Also put in a wire shelf stand that allow storage on top and underneath in the top kitchen cabinets. ENTRANCE DOOR to RIG - there is no light when you walk into the rig & it's hard to see what switch does what mounted so low by the steps. We went to Home depot & found a 15 second sensor light that we attached to the cabinet over the entrance door. Now when we open the door from outside, the area is lit & vice versa when inside & getting near the steps. Tip, we took a empty toilet roll & cut it about 1 1/2 inches & taped it around the sensor to lessen the area the sensor covers. OUTSIDE - storage area where table that came with rig is stored, turn the table upside down so the legs are facing up. It makes it easier to pull the table out & put it in. Large storage area on the drivers side, also used stickup hooks for cable tv cable, hoses, electric cords etc. Misc Tips - we got a label maker. Found it hard to read some of labels in the rig. On the driver dash we put a label with the height and width of the rig. Relabeled the switches by the entrance, redid the labels for the top inside of the refig because they are so hard to read. All in all, have a wonderful time with your new rig.
Old 10-27-2015, 10:36 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanttaberetired View Post
I'm sitting in our 3011 at Hilton Head. For the BEDROOM we got the nice bronze stickup hooks from Home Depot. I put mine between the back wall of the rig and the hinge of the clothing closet. Great for hanging up bathrobes. Looking at the bed from the bottom, between the right side of the bed and the back window is a low small shelf. It's too low to be useful. My husband built a slide in box that is as high as just under the window frame & as long as the useless shelf. This gives me a counter to put my personal items & the box can be removed when bringing in the slideout. The right side of the bed has no electric outlets. We got a heavy duty electric cord, ran it under the mattress for power on the right side of the bed when needed in my case a tower fan. We got a electric mattress pad to heat up the bed on those cold nights. Really feels good.
BATHROOM, we hung a 2nd towel bar under the one that came with the rig. More space for towels. Found a nice cotton rug for in front of the toilet. Great on those cold days. Shower, we keep our laundry basket in there & as you know there is little ventilation, I put a air freshner in the shower when not in use. DINNETTE storage drawer - I found clear plastic storage containers by Sterilite (6 qrt size) that will sit on the lip of the outside walls of the drawer. Allows storage in the plastic box and under the box. KITCHEN CABINET STORAGE - Big Lots carries plastic storage containers by "Keeper" called 'large handled storage basket'. They make it easier to pull things out of the cabinets. Also put in a wire shelf stand that allow storage on top and underneath in the top kitchen cabinets. ENTRANCE DOOR to RIG - there is no light when you walk into the rig & it's hard to see what switch does what mounted so low by the steps. We went to Home depot & found a 15 second sensor light that we attached to the cabinet over the entrance door. Now when we open the door from outside, the area is lit & vice versa when inside & getting near the steps. Tip, we took a empty toilet roll & cut it about 1 1/2 inches & taped it around the sensor to lessen the area the sensor covers. OUTSIDE - storage area where table that came with rig is stored, turn the table upside down so the legs are facing up. It makes it easier to pull the table out & put it in. Large storage area on the drivers side, also used stickup hooks for cable tv cable, hoses, electric cords etc. Misc Tips - we got a label maker. Found it hard to read some of labels in the rig. On the driver dash we put a label with the height and width of the rig. Relabeled the switches by the entrance, redid the labels for the top inside of the refig because they are so hard to read. All in all, have a wonderful time with your new rig.
Hi, would appreciate pictures please, if you can...thanks!
Old 10-27-2015, 10:43 PM   #25

Congrats on your new purchase. The most serious of all item is to enjoy and have fun!
Old 10-28-2015, 12:16 AM   #26

Welcome to the world of "what did we forget this time?". You will need to get some black tank deodorant, flash light, weather radio, GPS. and lots of maps to double check the GPS. Have fun, drive safely.
Old 10-28-2015, 07:47 AM   #27
Citrus County, Fl.

wanttaberetired, do you have a picture or model # of the light you installed at the entry? That sounds like a great idea!!
99 Terry 31G
GL1800Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 08:02 AM   #28
Citrus County, Fl.

I see several of these posts are not from people with a motorhome so some of the ideas, although great, may not apply in your case. One thing you will need to keep on hand is a tire pressure gauge to check the air in your air bags and some kind of tire pump, either manual or a compressor, as the bags do loose air. I purchased a Stanley combination compressor/jump starter since we tow a car and a 3' extension cord and keep it next to the Dyson in the right rear compartment for charging.

I also replaced the valve extensions on the inside duals with these from Pacific Dualies as the ones FR provides are crappy. Amazon.com: Pacific Dualies 18100 MAX EZ Air 7" Braided Stainless Steel Valve Stem Extensions with EZ Wire Clip For 16"-19.5" Dually Trucks RVs Motorhomes OEM Steel Wheels with 4" Oval Vent Holes: Automotive

Another must have in my opinion is an electrical management system, mine is a hard wired model from Progressive Industries. They are a bit pricey but will pay for itself if you get get a surge, low or high voltage, etc. at your camp site.
99 Terry 31G
GL1800Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 08:06 AM   #29

Make sure your spare tire is inflated correctly and that you have the tools to install it if you get a flat.
5.4L V-8 6-spd auto 2x2 9,800 Lbs. towing capacity.
mcmartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 11:42 AM   #30

That's what I need awning tie down poles and pole attaching kit. Maybe at Mayberry!

Tags
first time