Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-22-2013, 11:40 AM   #1

First trip after PDI walk thru this Saturday

We are excited and NERVOUS! Not only are we going to spend our first night on our new Leprechaun 317SAF, my wife invited family to come for a party that night (to celebrate a belated bday as well as our new acquisition).

So this should be interesting! Not only do I need to set up for the first time with this rig (never owned an RV before but have been a boater for many years with full systems like AC, hot/cold water, showers, marine head, engines, etc.), I'll need to entertain!

So with that in mind, other than taking lots of notes, activating ALL systems, taking video of the PDI for reference later, and asking lots of questions...

Anything stand out to you diehard pros that I need to watch out for?

P.S. I know this is a common dilemma for many newbies, so please bear with me! I did a search and have read much here at the forum, I promise I've put in some dues back-reading! If anyone has Class C or even this same model info, that would be great!

THANK YOU ALL!

2013 Coachmen Leprechaun 317SAF
1998 Seaward Fox Cat rigged trailerable sailboat
Our Lake Life Blog
TimeOutRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 11:51 AM   #2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeOutRV View Post
We are excited and NERVOUS! Not only are we going to spend our first night on our new Leprechaun 317SAF, my wife invited family to come for a party that night (to celebrate a belated bday as well as our new acquisition).
Is this an adult party or are their going to be children there too?

I would plan to hold most of the party outside, under the awning..........like you do while camping. Just plan to grill out, eat, sit around and laugh. You probably only need to use the RV for bathroom needs, so plan for that.

If outside, then you may also need to prepare for bug repelling too.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 12:01 PM   #3

Thanks for your reply!

Family party, mix of kids age baby to 20, adults. total of 13-14.

I reserved the spot only a few spots down from the bathhouse.

Plan to sit and cook under awning, sending kids away to pool at lodge or out on trails, kayaks on lake.

We're planning the party to be from 4-8 to help eliminate straggler family that wants to mooch and we're giving everyone the speech about other RV families there to enjoy peace and quiet, so keep it to a minimum.

My biggest fear is after everyone leaves having the lights and AC or heat working so we can sleep comfortably, making sure water systems work, sinks drain and TVs work for our enjoyment. We can always shower and potty at the bathhouse.

Our Lake Life Blog
Old 08-22-2013, 12:04 PM   #4

Don't overdo it; keep it simple~ I reasonably stocked first aid kit, bug stuff, etc some fans and chairs and you're good to go :-) our class C was a blast~ here's to making good memories.
Old 08-22-2013, 12:17 PM   #5

Thank you! Sound advice! Our plans for getting rid of our vacation house and cabin cruiser mainly included ME getting to relax every now and then! At the house I did all the repairs (old house!) and lawn work everytime we showed up, and I did about everything on the boat from driving, docking, fueling, cleaning exterior, engine work, mods, waste management...ugh CALGON TAKE ME AWAY!

So I need to relax on this and all trips from now on! I'm excited that the RV seems more "accessible" to our children, more like home, they say they already feel more comfortable knowing that they can help with things like the awning, getting things in and out of storage for each trip once we arrive/depart. I think they were afraid they'd break something or hurt themselves on the boat.

K.I.S.S. principal will be my motto THANKS!

Our Lake Life Blog
Old 08-25-2013, 09:51 PM   #6

So we got back this evening after our first overnight in our new Leprechaun! WE LOVED IT! Everyone had a great time. The place we chose, called Catherine's Landing (RVC Outdoor Destination property) was spot on perfect! Great staff, clean, easy sites, well set up and marked, great pool and amenities. We couldn't have picked a better first time out place! We will definitely be back.

RV'rs are easy going laid back folks, friendly and accommodating! I couldn't be happier with our new "crowd". For many years I sailed at the same lake and was a member of a small sailing club. We had good times and shared a lot. This is a lot like that! I'm happy I get to share this with my family and kids!

The kids loved it. Great time kayaking and canoeing. Next time we want to spend more time there, we'll take bikes to take advantage of their great trails and relax more.

All the systems work great, even the sanitation systems were super easy to deal with, much better than dealing with them on a boat! Love the black water tank flush function, worked great!

Took a hot shower after a long day, settled in with the family after the extended family left to watch a movie on our drop down (out of the cabinets over the dinette) flat screen. I hooked up an hdmi cable to my iPhone adapter and we watched my newly downloaded copy of the 2nd Star Trek movie "into darkness".

A good time had by all and we are back home, the RV is parked in it's new garage home, covered and plugged in to charge!

WE ARE HOOKED! Thank you all for your help, it gave me the confidence to go forth and be informed so we could have a good time!

Our Lake Life Blog

Tags
pdi