Old 07-17-2010, 10:51 AM   #11
Nights Camped in 2010 - 2
I will check it out. Any suggestions on a site near the beach?

George Kelly
2011 Rockwood Ultra Light 2604
Dodge RAM 1500 Larime 4x4, 5.7 HEMI
Nights Camped 2010 = 18
Nights Camped 2011 = 15
sailingsuppo46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 11:19 AM   #12
CLASS "A" Senior Member
We usually get a site out in the Paramont Area because it's wide open and the satellite reception is excellent.

2007 Georgetown 370TS

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 05:04 PM   #13
Howdy!!! We are back and mostly unloaded from the trial run night. And it um....was interesting that is for sure. Thank goodness we aren't new haulers or new to camping! First thing right off the bat - there are 3 small holes in the canvas!!!!!!!!!!!! And when my husband got there, we noticed that a seam along the upper corner (exterior) was bent and pulled out of place allowing us to be able to see the wall edges. *sigh* I know you all say a brand new camper doesn't go without it's own issues but my husband was FIT to be tied. I kept saying: but my camper forum people say this is normal and it's ok! hahahahahaha

Already called the dealer and bringing it to them on Monday. They are going to address those issues to get us through the season and then when we bring it for the winterization/storage they are going to put it through for warranty to get a totally new canvas end put on and properly adjust that seam/seal. It was reassuring to know that they are at least taking care of us quickly...just hard to handle when it is brand stinking new.

Other than that - we needed a longer water hose, had plenty of electrical length. Loved the new outdoor carpet, loved the set up inside (as to where I had things stored, etc). Figured out that cooling the fridge off gas is super fast compared to electric. Need to install a handful of things (paper towel holder, toilet paper holder). Need to bring different bedding for kids, need a folding chair for the booster seat, need a small step stool, picked up a small rug for inside the doorway and we do need a small folding table (have it just need to bring it) for under the awning. Oh and a bit of newspaper to help start the dang husband took it out thinking I had mistakenly placed it there. Ended up having to start the fire with paperplates that I PAID FOR WITH REAL MONEY DUH?! lol

But all in all - it went great. I took a bunch of pics - gotta load them to photobucket. Kids had a blast, everyone slept well. I adore my new camper - it's so nice and very spacious compared to what we have had. I am going to work on my list tonight for our big 5 day trip next week far away from home. PS: our favorite fun feature was the outdoor speakers for the stereo. Fun to sit back and watch my 2 year old bust a move!

Rachael & family 2010 nights: 7 down, 17 to go
2010 Gulfstream Sport 21TSB hybred bunk house
2002 Trailblazer 4x4 EXT
2005 Rockwood Premier 1904 SOLD
2001 Keystone Cabana 17 ft hybred SOLD
2000 Trail-lite Bantam 21 ft hybred INS LOSS
crazyv is offline   Reply With Quote