Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-10-2013, 07:01 PM   #1

First Trip Out

First trip out with new 5th wheel 715 miles from PA to FT Steward Georgia, all went well on the way down, this was last Saturday, return last night went from 14 degrees here to 65 degrees there and when we came back last night it was 24 degrees.....Now I had one problem and did not realize it til we arrived home....the power cord from the camper to the plug to the pick up was pulled out and one of the wires was completely broke in 1/2.

Now I was told to leave the extra cord hanging on the out side of the tailgate when I pick up the new camper, now this 5 th wheel is a first with me.

The only thing that I can see that would have been a problem is the receiver on my truck that would cause this issue, the receiver was empty it did not have a hitch in it for the cord to get hung up on it.....so question: should I leave the access cord inside of the truck or continue to leave the access on the out side of the tailgate and fine a way to pull up the access cord.

By the way my son who was at Ft Steward just left Friday night for his second deployment to Afgan says it about -15 degrees there form what he had last heard.
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote