Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-29-2008, 01:48 PM   #1

Flagstaff 831KRSS

I just put a deposit on an 831KRSS and I was wondering if anyone else on here has one and if so, have you ever scaled it out to get an exact weight? The dry weight is listed as 5971lbs but i've heard that those weights are never accurate. I've added a few options such as the Atrium Slide out, slide out toppers, rear ladder, alum. wheels, freestanding dinette. So i'm kinda concerened how that is going to affect the final weight.
Any help would be great. I tried finding a number to call Forest River directly but the only one i found wasnt a live person. I did send them an email but figured i could get a quicker response from here.

Thanks,
Erik
eandsphotography is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 05:32 PM   #2

Hello, We just bought ours ( 831krss,2008) in March. We just got back today from our first trip. So I can only give you some thoughs on one trip.
The unit has a great set up for our family of 4 - 2 boys' ages 7 and 14, me and my wife ohh , and two yellow labs. Everything worked well, The only thing that I had a issue with was the sumping of the black tank. It just did not seam to want to empty. I used the flush king on it about 6 times, ( that is filling up the black tank 6 times ) and there were still some " things" left behind. Ny other camper I would just have tom use the flusk king maybe two times and I could see the bottom of the black tank. We even had the traile leaning to the side of the black tank by putting the wheeles on two pices of wood so it would lean to the side of the tank.

Over all, our first trip in it was GREAT!
Good luck,
Steve
Stelrs59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 06:53 PM   #3

I have the same problem with my 8314 Rockwood, the black tank just doesn't what to let go of it's cargo.
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 03:46 AM   #4

i had a fleetwood pop-up with that problem. I hope i dont inherit it again.
Old 04-07-2008, 03:52 AM   #5

Steve ,
thanks for the reply. The layout is what really attracted us to this model also. I currently have a Puma 26rlss and while we really love it, the sleeping arrangements for our 3 year old just wasnt working out. He usually ended up sleeping in our bed and i ended up on the table bed. Hopefully, he'll get used to sleeping in that back bed and like it cause i'm not trading up again for awhile. This makes my 3rd in a year.
Did you get the air bed mattresses on the sofas'? if so, are they a normal queen size or RV queen? I was wondering cause i wanted to get some sheets for them before it comes in.
by any chance have you weighed your unit to get the true weight on it? I like to know exact and asking the dealer,well,you know how that goes.
appreciate any info you can give.
Old 04-07-2008, 10:51 AM   #6
The Jolly Mon

Send a message via Yahoo to NDJollyMon
As dumb as it sounds, are you sure the tanks outlet is all the way on the end of the tank near the dump? Sometimes, they will only clear out if the trailer is level. Just a thought.

2018 Wildwood Grand Lodge 42 DLTS
-Seasonal Space, Northern MN.
-2017 Sylvan 8522 LZ LES/115 Merc/Sea Legs
NDJollyMon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 08:59 PM   #7

Eand, Yes we do have the air matress. They worked out great. Our older one slept on the air while the younger one slept on the swing bed. As far as the size, I do beleive they are queen. ( Wife took care of that) No, I did not weigh the trailer. It pulled very well with my 04 chev. avalanche. The unit is very nice and roomy. It worked well with all of us in it. I think you are going to be very happy with it. We do have the heated matress in our room, I have to say, if you have it your going to love it. It gets that "chill" off
NDJolly- Yes, the unit was very level. I'm kinnda a freak about that. After 6 trys with the flush king I then had it lean toward the tank to see if that workek. I'll figure it out. Now while in my drivewat, I treated it so hopefully it won;t smell.
2004 Chev.Avalanche
Old 05-20-2008, 05:19 PM   #8
Newbie shopping for FR

Where are the pictures?

Hey Steve we are just waiting for delivery on our KRSS. We will be towing with an Avalanche as well. Do you have any pictures of your set up? The dealer sent us a few pictures of our trailer but they look like they were taken with a cell phone. If you have any pictures I would love to see them.
NorthernAvLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 07:16 PM   #9

Northern. Sorry that I did not get back early. I do not have any pics. , But when we do I will post them if you are still intrested. I tow in the tow hall mode.
2004 Chev.Avalanche
Old 05-22-2008, 09:58 PM   #10

831KRSS Ladder!!!!!

Erik, could you please post a pic with the ladder that you installed on your 831Krss. I have the same camper and the dealer said that could not install a ladder because the way that they build the rear of the camper. After moving over the spare tire there is room for the ladder! The dealer said that the rear of the 831KRSS do not have the supports for a ladder. What brand and model ladder did you get? Thanks

Ron
nnike25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 08:18 AM   #11

I was going to install a ladder on mine but i eneded up buying a telescopic 12.5 foot ladder on ebay for $100. half the price and i can bring it anywhere! The dealer made a good point when i was talking to him about the installed ladder.. Were seasonal.. and if we are not there (off months..etc..) a trailer with a ladder makes it more appealing to thieves.. apparently the vent on the roof is easy to climb thru..

Just a point.
cmprguy is offline   Reply With Quote