Old 03-03-2014, 10:56 AM   #31
Originally Posted by Eddy G View Post
What are some suggestions for road help besides AAA, to give me some choices to compare if there are any others you all would recomend please.
Woo hold up EddyG,before you ask more PLEASE post in your Info what kind of unit you have,year,ect. This will help ALL of the Members Help YOU when they know what we are talking about! Also please start a NEW post,adding on to this post gets VERY confusing!! Youroo!!

youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 10:58 AM   #32
Trailer aid plus and 22" breaker bar with proper size socket. Use torque wrench to tighten down.

2012 F350 Lariat CC SRW 6.7L Powerstroke
pwrstroke2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 11:33 AM   #33
Trailer Aid with a board to lift it a little more, torque wrench, (I set the lug torques to the correct level before camping the first time each season: I needed my impact wrench to get them free since they were all beyond the specified values the first time), a lug wrench to fit the lugs and a 2 foot pipe to extend the lug wrench in case they decide to bind too much for the lug wrench (same one I use to set the WDH) and roadside assistance if all else fails.

Also visibility equipment (triangles, flares, orange vest) rain gear (because that is when it will happen if I don't have it) and a plan in place with the rest of the crew as to who does what and how if an issue arises.

Finally, a good spare. I check all five tires before a long drive for pressure, rot and any other issues (wasp nest in the spare cover can be a real surprise during a trying situation).
2011 PrimeTime Tracer 2600rls
2001 GMC Yukon XL 2500, 6.0L 4.10:1 axle ratio
Nights camping 2014 - 17
2013 - 15
Arefbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 04:11 PM   #34
I have a 2014 forestriver Hemesphere TT, 36 total ft. dual axle, don't know what kind of supension I have.
Eddy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 04:16 PM   #35
Originally Posted by davel1971 View Post
a 20 ton bottle jack is overkill. That's a lot of weight to carry. We jack up 45,000 lb tractors and combines with that size. Not necessary for a 8-12000lb trailer. 10 or 12 ton will be plenty and much lighter to tote around.
Better to have it!

Besides for the price what the hay.

20 Ton Low Profile Hydraulic Bottle Jack

2016 F350 6.7L LB CC Reese 28K 2014 Chaparral Lite 266sab
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." 2014 19 days camping 2015 17 days camping201620 days camping
Ford Idaho is offline   Reply With Quote

tire, tires