Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2019, 07:12 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
Tigger1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: MD
Posts: 218
Floor plan, Floor plan, Floor plan...

Like location, location, location in Real Estate.

After two trouble-free seasons with our Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s we found a floor plan that we think will work better for us. We are planning to do longer trips across country and felt the extra space of the new unit would be better while still allowing us to keep it in our driveway.

Our 2104s has been a very solid trailer without “any” issues at all. Unfortunately, FR didn’t have the floor plan that fit our likes/dislikes. We recently placed an order for a new 2020 floor plan; Grand Design Imagine XLS 22MLE

https://www.granddesignrv.com/showro...oorplans/22mle

We’re hoping it will be as trouble free as our 2104s.

I’ve learned so much from the folks on this Forum and I intend to stick around.
__________________

__________________
2010 Toyota Tundra DC SR5 5.7l
2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
Tigger1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 02:02 PM   #2
Site Team
 
bikendan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Camano Island, Washington
Posts: 19,312
Agree. Well be moving to a different RV manufacturer, when we make our next purchase. We found the almost perfect floorplan for us, from another company that makes it in a TT and a 5th wheel.
If FR had anything close to it, we'd be staying with FR.
__________________

__________________
Dan-Retired California Firefighter/EMT
Shawn-Musician/Entrepreneur/Wine Expert
and Zoe the Wonder Dog(R.I.P.)
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 02:06 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 4,274
That is a nice layout. Would love just a little more counter space, but it's still nice.
TheWolfPaq82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 02:53 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
frank4711's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: North Port Florida
Posts: 965
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
Agree. Well be moving to a different RV manufacturer, when we make our next purchase. We found the almost perfect floorplan for us, from another company that makes it in a TT and a 5th wheel.
If FR had anything close to it, we'd be staying with FR.
Dan any chance you could share the floor plan ...
__________________
Frank & Cindy *** Rockwood Ultra Lite *** 2019 Ram *** Remi & Sage traveling Pomskies *** TST 507 TPMS *** B&W Patriot 18K *** 3.92 axle *** Goodyear Endurance *** 32 days camped 2019 *** Predator 3500
frank4711 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 03:01 PM   #5
Site Team
 
bikendan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Camano Island, Washington
Posts: 19,312
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank4711 View Post
Dan any chance you could share the floor plan ...
The DW likes rear kitchen floorplans.
It's the Open Range/Mesa Ridge 280RKS, from Highland Ridge RV.
The 5th wheel version has some extras that the TT version doesn't, along with being a shorter combo.
It has tons of storage, theater recliners directly in front of the tv, outside kitchen, 3 year structural warranty.
Dry pin weight on the 5th wheel version is 1100lbs and it's under 30 feet, which makes it a good choice for national and state park campgrounds.
__________________
Dan-Retired California Firefighter/EMT
Shawn-Musician/Entrepreneur/Wine Expert
and Zoe the Wonder Dog(R.I.P.)
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 03:36 PM   #6
Kasual Kamper
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Fairfield County CT
Posts: 946
Tigger1, Grand Design makes higher-end RVs than Rockwood, so I think you will be very pleased. I noticed that along with the added length, you are going to gaining a lot more weight. I hope your Tundra will be up to the task.
__________________
Current: 2013 Flagstaff MicroLite 21DS
Past: 2000 Fleetwood Mallard 19N
TV: 2013 Nissan Pathfinder SL 4x4
JayArras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 04:02 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
frank4711's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: North Port Florida
Posts: 965
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
The DW likes rear kitchen floorplans.
It's the Open Range/Mesa Ridge 280RKS, from Highland Ridge RV.
The 5th wheel version has some extras that the TT version doesn't, along with being a shorter combo.
It has tons of storage, theater recliners directly in front of the tv, outside kitchen, 3 year structural warranty.
Dry pin weight on the 5th wheel version is 1100lbs and it's under 30 feet, which makes it a good choice for national and state park campgrounds.
Nice ... Neighbor just got 2020 Open Range 37' mid bunk and it is nice but big .... we have Rockwood 2888WS and could not be happier ... and 32' gets us in the state parks ... we love out door kitchen with 4 cubic ft frig and yes theater seats in front of TV... Thanks Frank
__________________
Frank & Cindy *** Rockwood Ultra Lite *** 2019 Ram *** Remi & Sage traveling Pomskies *** TST 507 TPMS *** B&W Patriot 18K *** 3.92 axle *** Goodyear Endurance *** 32 days camped 2019 *** Predator 3500
frank4711 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 04:11 PM   #8
Site Team
 
bikendan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Camano Island, Washington
Posts: 19,312
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank4711 View Post
we have Rockwood 2888WS and could not be happier ... and 32' gets us in the state parks ... we love out door kitchen with 4 cubic ft frig and yes theater seats in front of TV... Thanks Frank
The DW absolutely will not have a rear living floorplan. She hates people having to walk through her kitchen, to sit in the living area.
That's why rear kitchen or front kitchen models are the only choice.
__________________
Dan-Retired California Firefighter/EMT
Shawn-Musician/Entrepreneur/Wine Expert
and Zoe the Wonder Dog(R.I.P.)
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 04:39 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Tigger1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: MD
Posts: 218
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayArras View Post
Tigger1, Grand Design makes higher-end RVs than Rockwood, so I think you will be very pleased. I noticed that along with the added length, you are going to gaining a lot more weight. I hope your Tundra will be up to the task.
Thanks, I hope it’s as solid as the Mini Lite!

As for the weight their website GVWR doesn’t appear to be correct at 6995#. The one we saw in person which was sold had 6395# see photo. Others on RV Trader that have that sticker photo are 6395#. We’ve always packed lite and carry no water so we will be under that number by several hundred lbs. It’s just the DW and me so the Tundra should not have any problems.

Click image for larger version

Name:	935AF93A-1EF2-4875-AB6E-1194AAA2DDEA.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	359.4 KB
ID:	216842
__________________
2010 Toyota Tundra DC SR5 5.7l
2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
Tigger1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 06:11 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
mdstudey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Rio Hondo, TX
Posts: 487
I really like that. Like the Highland Ridge as well Bikendan. I would have to do some arm twisting to get DH to move to a fifth wheel. It is just the right size. I love all of windows in both floorplan. I like to see all around me and plenty of natural light.



This is the TT of my dreams.
__________________
Chuck & Denise + Pata, The Purple Princess Peanut, Ziggy the pole cat and Kazumba the parrot

2015 23 BD Gray Wolf
2008 Dodge Ram 2500 TX Edition 2015 - 7 nights, 2 trips, 2016 - 2 trip, 24 nights, 2017 1 trip, 3 nights 2018 1 trip, 93 nights

mdstudey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 06:23 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
Tigger1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: MD
Posts: 218
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdstudey View Post
I really like that. Like the Highland Ridge as well Bikendan. I would have to do some arm twisting to get DH to move to a fifth wheel. It is just the right size. I love all of windows in both floorplan. I like to see all around me and plenty of natural light.



This is the TT of my dreams.
We saw and sat in several Lance TT’s at the Hershey RV Show a few weeks ago. Very nice and they all had a “richness” feeling to them.
__________________
2010 Toyota Tundra DC SR5 5.7l
2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
Tigger1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 06:41 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
Chief T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico
Posts: 652
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
The DW likes rear kitchen floorplans.
It's the Open Range/Mesa Ridge 280RKS, from Highland Ridge RV.
The 5th wheel version has some extras that the TT version doesn't, along with being a shorter combo.
It has tons of storage, theater recliners directly in front of the tv, outside kitchen, 3 year structural warranty.
Dry pin weight on the 5th wheel version is 1100lbs and it's under 30 feet, which makes it a good choice for national and state park campgrounds.
DW and I looked at a OR/HR 2410RL a few months back that she really liked. A couple weeks ago I saw my dealer has a new for 2020 floor plan by Prime Time, 24 RKS. Need to get to dealer to get a closer look. The OR 2410RL has Castle Rock LR C tires, but the PT has LR D. Been happy with our current PT and enjoy being part of the FR family. Decisions, decisions, decisions...
__________________
2012 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT Z71 6.2l
Future: 2020 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22 MLE
Past: 2017 Prime Time Tracer Air 206
Days camped 2017: 7
Days camped 2018: 15
Days camped 2019: 15
Chief T is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 08:50 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
A2pfunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdstudey View Post
I really like that. Like the Highland Ridge as well Bikendan. I would have to do some arm twisting to get DH to move to a fifth wheel. It is just the right size. I love all of windows in both floorplan. I like to see all around me and plenty of natural light.



This is the TT of my dreams.
That's an awesome trailer. I still have two young kids that we camp with, but I just sent that to The Wife as an example of the perfect camper when we retire and it is just the two of us. Very nice setup. If only they could have found a way to incorporate an actual door to separate the bedroom. I don't know why (since you can hear everything that happens in a camper), but The Wife and I really enjoy the cat that we have an actual wooden door to close off our bedroom.
__________________
2015 Coachmen Catalina 273TBS pulled by a 2019 F150 Platinum.
A2pfunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 08:54 PM   #14
Site Team
 
bikendan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Camano Island, Washington
Posts: 19,312
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdstudey View Post
I really like that. Like the Highland Ridge as well Bikendan. I would have to do some arm twisting to get DH to move to a fifth wheel. It is just the right size. I love all of windows in both floorplan. I like to see all around me and plenty of natural light.



This is the TT of my dreams.
Did you look at the TT version of the 280RKS? Almost everything is the same.
__________________
Dan-Retired California Firefighter/EMT
Shawn-Musician/Entrepreneur/Wine Expert
and Zoe the Wonder Dog(R.I.P.)
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 03:50 AM   #15
Site Team
 
bikendan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Camano Island, Washington
Posts: 19,312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief T View Post
DW and I looked at a OR/HR 2410RL a few months back that she really liked. A couple weeks ago I saw my dealer has a new for 2020 floor plan by Prime Time, 24 RKS. Need to get to dealer to get a closer look. The OR 2410RL has Castle Rock LR C tires, but the PT has LR D. Been happy with our current PT and enjoy being part of the FR family. Decisions, decisions, decisions...
we currently have the predecessor to the Tracer Breeze line, a TracerAir 255.
the DW would hate the 24RKS because the entry door goes right into the kitchen. so anyone coming in to sit down or use the bathroom, has to walk through the kitchen to get to anything. our 255 model has the entry door entering into the living area, with the kitchen in the back. and the bathroom is to the right.
__________________
Dan-Retired California Firefighter/EMT
Shawn-Musician/Entrepreneur/Wine Expert
and Zoe the Wonder Dog(R.I.P.)
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 06:15 AM   #16
Canadian Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Eastern GTA, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 4,722
Congrats Tigger1!

When we were shopping last year for a <35' 5er our favorite floorplan was in a Keystone Cougar but when I saw staples under the kitchen cabinets that was a no go. They use a few other things I wasn't comfortable with compared to our Rockwood TT. We ended up sticking with Rockwood Signature and a floorplan we are quite happy with.
__________________
2019 Rockwood Signature 8290BS, Reese Revolution pinbox and B&W Patriot 18K hitch
2016 Ford F-250 XLT SuperCrew, 6.2L, 4x4, 6'9" bed, 3.73, w/ snow plow & camper pkgs.
2011 Rockwood Signature 8293SS (2015 - 2018)
2010 Rockwood Roo 23SS (2012 - 2014)

itat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 07:43 AM   #17
Senior Member
 
frank4711's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: North Port Florida
Posts: 965
Quote:
Originally Posted by itat View Post
Congrats Tigger1!

When we were shopping last year for a <35' 5er our favorite floorplan was in a Keystone Cougar but when I saw staples under the kitchen cabinets that was a no go. They use a few other things I wasn't comfortable with compared to our Rockwood TT. We ended up sticking with Rockwood Signature and a floorplan we are quite happy with.
All of the RV builders have their head scratching moments ... we went with Rockwood after looking at many ... the aluminum framing and vacuum wrapping/sealing sold me ...
__________________
Frank & Cindy *** Rockwood Ultra Lite *** 2019 Ram *** Remi & Sage traveling Pomskies *** TST 507 TPMS *** B&W Patriot 18K *** 3.92 axle *** Goodyear Endurance *** 32 days camped 2019 *** Predator 3500
frank4711 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 08:03 AM   #18
Senior Member
 
Tigger1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: MD
Posts: 218
The 22MLE has a leaf spring suspension. I think we’ll have to pack extra careful in the rear kitchen to prevent things from bouncing around.

I’ll also be changing out the two ceilling vents (bath & kitchen) that have the small little tiny fan to the Maxxair Maxxfan DLX low profile. The dinette cushions are a little soft too so a trip to our local Foam store will be needed. It also comes with roller shades in all windows. Will see how they turn out.
__________________
2010 Toyota Tundra DC SR5 5.7l
2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
Tigger1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 10:31 AM   #19
Fulltime family RVer
 
ependydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 19,213
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger1 View Post
The 22MLE has a leaf spring suspension. I think we’ll have to pack extra careful in the rear kitchen to prevent things from bouncing around.

I’ll also be changing out the two ceilling vents (bath & kitchen) that have the small little tiny fan to the Maxxair Maxxfan DLX low profile. The dinette cushions are a little soft too so a trip to our local Foam store will be needed. It also comes with roller shades in all windows. Will see how they turn out.
1, look at adding shocks. They aren't too expensive but the installation can get pricey if you don't do the work yourself. It could help with the bounciness.

2, for foam, price out www.foambymail.com vs. locally. I've ordered from them 3-4 times now and have been extremely pleased. They were 1/2 the price of what a upholstery shop wanted for foam.
__________________
2018 Ram 3500 DRW/crew cab/long bed/4x4/4.10 gears pulling a 2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
Checkout my site for RVing tips, tricks, and info | My family and I have fulltimed since June 2015
ependydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 11:31 AM   #20
Senior Member
 
Tigger1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: MD
Posts: 218
Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
1, look at adding shocks. They aren't too expensive but the installation can get pricey if you don't do the work yourself. It could help with the bounciness.

2, for foam, price out www.foambymail.com vs. locally. I've ordered from them 3-4 times now and have been extremely pleased. They were 1/2 the price of what a upholstery shop wanted for foam.
Thank you for the ideas!
__________________

__________________
2010 Toyota Tundra DC SR5 5.7l
2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
Tigger1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
floor

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:25 AM.


×