Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-11-2019, 01:35 AM   #1

Floorplan Question

I recently looked at FR TT floorpans and don't quite see what I'm looking for in my next TT. While I'd prefer to stick with FR, does anyone know of any RV manufacturer who makes a TT with a floorplan that includes "office" space?

I'm one of those people who wants to be able to travel but has to be able to work at the same time. I need a desk type area where my computer and printer can be situated long term and not have to be taken down and put away when it's time to pull up stakes and move on, or where the computer/printer isn't in the way when not in use. For ergonomic reasons, I must be able to use a fully adjustable office chair while working so need enough room in front of the desk area for that to work (I recognize the "dangers" of having a chair on casters in a moving TT already).

I know that modifications can be done, especially to a TT with bunks, but I lack the skills to do such a modification myself, nor do I know anyone that could remove a bunk and put in a desk/office space for me.

If you know of any RV manufacturer who currently has a TT floorplan that includes a dedicated office space, I'm interested in what you have to say! I'm looking for a floorplan in the 30-35' range, but no bigger than that. The desk space needs to be at least 3' wide and other than that, does not need be anything fancy. I could manage very simply modifications to an existing work space in an RV, but nothing like removing bunks and putting in a desk area.

With more and more people having/choosing to work while living the RVing lifestyle, including the (younger) Millennial generation, I had hoped the RV industry would pick up on this growing trend and that I could find some floorplans for TTs that incorporate dedicated workspace into the living space. Whoever is designing RVs, call me! I'd love to give my two cents on what I need!

Thank you to anyone who can help. You are all a great group of knowledgeable RVers!
"Know yourself, know your world. Change it." Anonymous
kittlecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 02:41 AM   #2

Midbunks

Check out the mid-bunk models. Several manufacturers make a mid bunk model that have a separate room which can be used as an office. Usually right off the kitchen with a nice door, a desk seating area and storage space, along with a sofa. Open range makes on, and I think Forest River does also. Happy hunting, its a special time

RockinH Bill
2019 Silverback 37RTH
2014 Shadow LQ 3 horse select
2015 Ram Laramie DRW
2012 Kaw Concours
Rockinh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 06:09 AM   #3
(o˘◡˘o)

Office Desk Space

How about these Toy Hauler options? One more basic, one with nicer amenities.

Plenty of room in the back for a desk and office chair:

https://forestriverinc.com/rvs/toy-h...lay/25WLE/4319

Good flex space, keep bed all the way up for office use:

https://forestriverinc.com/rvs/toy-h...ost/27QBX/4179
Old 10-11-2019, 07:03 AM   #4

Neighbors older Montana has a dedicated office area. His wife does all their work from there when they go for 2-3 month trips. Not sure what the model is, but It's another brand to look at.
TheWolfPaq82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 07:15 AM   #5

I’ve also seen on some Forums where people remove the bunk beds and use the space for an office or for their pets.
2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid
Tigger1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 07:37 AM   #6

Probably won't help you but the only TT I've come across with office desk is the Cedar Creek 38 DBRK. It's standard and you can option a 3rd sofa. Bad part for you is it's 41 foot long.
Old 10-14-2019, 12:35 AM   #7

Thank you for your responses. I am actively looking into the suggestions people have given me. Hadn't really thought of a toy hauler before but can see where it would have great possibilities.
"Know yourself, know your world. Change it." Anonymous
kittlecat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
floor