Old 09-08-2016, 05:17 PM   #51
ARLO

I never worry. I have the whole house protected by Sumplisafe Alarm system and the exterior monitored by 8 cameras. When any one senses motion it exits it and sends an image to my gmail. Also have apps on my iPhone and iPad to adjust settings and view video. The interior also has a couple of cameras.

Old 09-08-2016, 05:43 PM   #52

Go on line and buy a simpley safe system about $about 400 you can install it yourself and for 25 a month you get monitoring and e mail if alarm goes off what's nice about this its mont to month

Old 09-08-2016, 08:54 PM   #53

Security camera

Fake camera no way! I purchased a Samsung smartcam video camera ($103 on amazon). It hooks up wirelessly to my WIFI router. Through my phone I can at anytime see whats going on in my house but the best part is when I am out of town I can set the camera to notify me of any motion or audio event. I immediately get an alert and can view the event. I was skeptical at first but these video cameras are unbelievable and they are very simple to setup. This is not a security system, it is a user installed camera. The intruders will be gone before the police get there, get their picture!!

https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Smart.../dp/B0182UE3I4
2013 Rockwood Windjammer 3001w Diamond
Handydc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 08:58 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjones12 View Post
We like SimpliSafe also. Have one of their entry sensors on camper door for when it IS at home.

That is a great idea.
Old 09-08-2016, 09:03 PM   #55

Though this has nothing to do with home security systems, alarms, etc., we don't post anything on social media that would give anyone an idea we are gone. If we have photos we wish to share, we wait until we have returned home again.
Old 09-09-2016, 06:59 AM   #56

Since 2009 we have been snowbirding to Florida for 4 months. We store our Sabre on a concrete pad on the side of the house and it does stick out like a sore thumb. It is noticeable. We live in a sub-division, have great neighbors and everyone watches out for one another. Over Labor Day, the next door neighbor texted me that our garage door was open. I knew the neighbor on the other side had to go into our house to do something for me, she forgot to shut the garage door. Before we leave for Florida, we make out an itinerary that we give our kids & neighbors with all our stops and all the phone numbers of the campgrounds we are in, we also give this list to the Erie County Sheriff's office sub station on the Island. They will then patrol around our sub-division. We also tell the neighbors when they have company or a party at their house, tell your friends to park their cars in our driveway. So far no problems, hope it stays that way!
nikita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 07:09 AM   #57

We do leave them in the front and back door during the night and when we are home, but pull them when we leave for dinner or work. When we leave for a trip I gather all the keys and put them in a very secure (I hope) hiding place. We do not have any children or grandchildren that live with us. The hardest person to train to do this was DW. She still forgets to take it with her sometimes.
Old 09-09-2016, 07:25 AM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspengirl View Post
Though this has nothing to do with home security systems, alarms, etc., we don't post anything on social media that would give anyone an idea we are gone. If we have photos we wish to share, we wait until we have returned home again.
Yes. This. Me and my wife are very careful to not tell anyone or post online about being gone, until we are home again.
Old 09-09-2016, 09:21 AM   #59

Security System

Recommend you purchase a real security system. Simply Safe and many others install easy and can easily be moved to a new home at any time. You own it and most notify your phone if there is an issue with your home.
Old 09-09-2016, 11:34 AM   #60

Security system simply safe wireless you install and take it with you when you leave only 15 a month for montoring . With the above mentioned items its another level of protection.

railroaderone is offline   Reply With Quote