Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2014, 10:20 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weezer View Post
DDC,

kicked? I see others sharing their OWN experiences with FR, which so far are 8 to 1 positive.

YMMV
8to 1 is still too much.

I bought a FR3 2014 in end of June and I can't not use it presently in the midle of July because the bed slide out, the AC and the back camera are not working. The seller is waiting for pieces.

So, one is too much when you got the lemon

Old 07-21-2014, 10:36 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDC View Post
I know what you are talking about, the thing that amazed me was how the OP was chastised with such veracity I felt sorry for him.

Exactly, He who lives in a glass house; err ugh, well just wait and see if their next unit is all they dream of.

The guy got a raw deal and apparently no support. Then he gets jumped on for talking negatively about those that put him through it. Did they think he would write a nice, joyous story after all his misery?

Old 07-21-2014, 10:47 PM   #33
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSVBamaBob View Post
Yep and they PDI *every* unit when they come into Dandy and before they are shown to any prospective buyer...

We were amazed (since we had experienced a crap PDI at our Huntsville Local RV Dealer when we bought our TT in 2005.)

Said it before but it bears repeating so folks know how a "Like A Boss" dealership works: Got there and the tech walked us through everything outside...1.5 hours, then inside, another 1.5 hours (included how to operate the entertainment system, switch refer to gas, HWH to electric and change the filter) Then a break for lunch (Pizza - our choice of toppings provided from a local pizza joint that is 7 outta 5 stars good!)

After lunch the tech took us back out to the bay and said close 'er up and get her ready for the road. (Our final test) then we hooked up the truck, dragged the 5er next door to their KOA and set up for the night - all under the watchful eye of the tech. Next morning the tech came by to make sure all was good in the RV world for us!
That should be the industry standard.
Air Lift 5000 w/Wireless Air

Old 07-21-2014, 10:48 PM   #34
Site Team

Agreed!
Air Lift 5000 w/Wireless Air

Old 07-21-2014, 10:52 PM   #35

I agree with you guys I happy to.If you got a lemon trade it in just like a car
2013 25 nites 2017 19 nites
2014 14 nites
2015 16 nites
Old 07-21-2014, 10:59 PM   #36

I had a 2703SS that had issues first trip out with a Schwintek in wall slide. I managed to get it out by pulling and having DW run the motor. My dealer rebuilt the slide, it ran in/out like a charm little to no effort. We still had issues and the dealer replaced all harness, motors and controller. I found the harness bad. if it wasn't for a good dealer we would have not bought a 8289WS the very next year. Did we get rid of a lemon, yes, FR even pair some money towards the trade to assist with the loss of faith in their products. All I did was ask.

Is your slide a in wall system? IMHO the schwintek system looks great on paper but not ready for prime time yet. I have heard many a horror story from non Forest River RV owners with same problems.

The second year FR warranty is pretty cheap. We purchased a 7 year warranty on the TT and transferred it to the Fifth Wheel.
Old 07-21-2014, 11:30 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmaxmutt View Post
Exactly, He who lives in a glass house; err ugh, well just wait and see if their next unit is all they dream of.

The guy got a raw deal and apparently no support. Then he gets jumped on for talking negatively about those that put him through it. Did they think he would write a nice, joyous story after all his misery?

X2
Old 07-22-2014, 12:26 AM   #38

I have to agree with B47... The factory should put out good stuff and check and repair everything before the units leave.
Old 07-22-2014, 12:23 PM   #39
NELA

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmaxmutt View Post

My point was/is that I don't SEE anyone kicking or chastising the OP. I (and IMO others) simply related their own experiences.

Yes, I had negative emotions when we had what I considered to be an electrical hazard on our V-Lite (that thread is still located here). BUT, when our dealer and FR came through like gang busters for us I gave appropriate credit to both and moved on. Additionally, by my reporting of that hazard our dealer had at least two more identical units come in with the same problem and were at that time well prepared for the correction. Did those customers see my thread here or did they simply find the problem on their own? Don't know, don't care, just glad they were taken care and glad that our dealer and FR came through for them in the same manner they did for us.

So seriously, who is kicking whom?

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Old 07-22-2014, 12:34 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weezer View Post
My point was/is that I don't SEE anyone kicking or chastising the OP. I (and IMO others) simply related their own experiences.

Yes, I had negative emotions when we had what I considered to be an electrical hazard on our V-Lite (that thread is still located here). BUT, when our dealer and FR came through like gang busters for us I gave appropriate credit to both and moved on. Additionally, by my reporting of that hazard our dealer had at least two more identical units come in with the same problem and were at that time well prepared for the correction. Did those customers see my thread here or did they simply find the problem on their own? Don't know, don't care, just glad they were taken care and glad that our dealer and FR came through for them in the same manner they did for us.

So seriously, who is kicking whom?
The post wasn't directed at you, but you seem to have taken it that way. Sorry, for that. Flippant responses to those with (what appear to be legitimate) complaints don't seem kind and understanding, they just seem rude. Not all were flippant, but many were and just blew the OP off.

Tags
forest river