Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2014, 09:26 AM   #41
Mddle of the Rd Extremist

Sometimes it's good to give pause and remember that we live in a less than perfect world - it's how we deal with it that makes the difference....
2014 Cedar Creek 38FL
2013 RAM 3500 6.7L diesel DRW Crew Cab
"When you get to the fork in the road, take it....."
Old 07-23-2014, 09:50 AM   #42

So our own repair tale...

We were headed out for the 4th of July and oh noes! the BR A/C is only blowing hot air. Called Dandy and instead of going to them they called around and got a local dealer (Reed) to take a look at our rig that day. Sure enough blown compresser, Coleman was closed fior the 4th (this was at 2:00PM on the 3rd)

Reed ordered the A/C the next week (8 July), and last night we took our unit in for A/C replacement and overall cooling system checkout (Reed is ready to replace the 15K unit if necessary). We pick up our 5er tonight - or tomorrow if the 15K unit has to be replaced. So elapsed time between diagnosis and complete repair is 21 days counting a 4 day holiday weekend, 2 Sundays and a 5 day delay while Reed fitted us in to their repair schedule (the A/C was received last Thursday).

So, here is another area that I just don't get - folks who have to leave their rigs at the dealer for Weeks or Months for repairs. Dealer claims that it takes weeks or Months (WTF?!) to obtain parts... if at all possible I would vote with my feet and try to find another repair venue.

Not a slam on anyone for their choice of dealer--just another area in the industry that looks like it needs fixing.
Nights Camped: 2013 - 242014 - 422015 - 56Jul 2016 - Fulltime
Old 07-23-2014, 10:14 AM   #43
DDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSVBamaBob View Post
So our own repair tale...

We were headed out for the 4th of July and oh noes! the BR A/C is only blowing hot air. Called Dandy and instead of going to them they called around and got a local dealer (Reed) to take a look at our rig that day. Sure enough blown compresser, Coleman was closed fior the 4th (this was at 2:00PM on the 3rd)

Reed ordered the A/C the next week (8 July), and last night we took our unit in for A/C replacement and overall cooling system checkout (Reed is ready to replace the 15K unit if necessary). We pick up our 5er tonight - or tomorrow if the 15K unit has to be replaced. So elapsed time between diagnosis and complete repair is 21 days counting a 4 day holiday weekend, 2 Sundays and a 5 day delay while Reed fitted us in to their repair schedule (the A/C was received last Thursday).

So, here is another area that I just don't get - folks who have to leave their rigs at the dealer for Weeks or Months for repairs. Dealer claims that it takes weeks or Months (WTF?!) to obtain parts... if at all possible I would vote with my feet and try to find another repair venue.

Not a slam on anyone for their choice of dealer--just another area in the industry that looks like it needs fixing.
If you were getting one on your own you could have one in three days from amazon, now thats service but you are a captured customer and service gets put on the wait list.
Donald&Casey cairn terrier
Rest in Peace Mary my darling wife.
Scottish by birth Canadian by time.
Old 07-23-2014, 10:53 AM   #44

Hope this doesn't go the route of mad daddy. I don't have a problem with criticism of FR. If they deserve it go for it. My issue is how it's done. A first post slamming them is just rude. This is a forum not owned by FR. It is the owners forum. If you want help this is the place to get it all you need to do is ask. If you want to condemn FR call them directly. I don't mean to say you can't criticize them you can just try to work out the issues first. If the first we here from you is a rant about how stupid we all were to buy a FR product well it won't go over so good.
I have complained and have made rude comments also but I have tried to apologize for them.
Roger give it another try and let's see if we can help. Every issue you have someone here has had at least once. We can help.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Old 07-23-2014, 04:45 PM   #45

Looks like I stirred up a hornet's nest with this. Unfortunate to see that I am not the only person with a lemon. I read a few comments that said I should just get over it, or just trade it in. I am 41, wife and 2 small kids. I work constantly. When I make a purchase, especially $30k, I expect it to be a good one. I am not a retired person, that has somewhat unlimited resources for toys. I can't afford to take a $15k loss to trade to another unit. That would be paying $45k for a $30k camper. The math doesn't add up in my favor. If there is any Wildcat Reps reading this, if you can help me I would appreciate it. All manufacturers have problems. but how does this excuse for producing a sub standard product help the consumer? Me in particular. I have had a poor experience. This is the exact reason why there is competition in this world. I could be jumping out the frying pan into the fire, but at least I won't continue to finance the frying pan's business.
Old 07-23-2014, 05:04 PM   #46

Also forgot to mention, for all of those out there that wanted to bust my chops about a negative first post. I have a 2012 FOREST RIVER Wildcat 312 BHX for sale. You guys are Forest River enthusiasts. Forest River is the greatest company ever, right? I will be accepting closed bids starting tomorrow. I feel I should get top dollar for this gem from you folks. Maybe then I could afford to buy another one.
Old 07-23-2014, 05:12 PM   #47
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Good luck.

"sabre owners united!"

turbs
Old 07-23-2014, 05:20 PM   #48

So you use your 4th post to tell us off. Thanks so much for joining. I assume you are just a negative person. Good luck to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Old 07-23-2014, 05:29 PM   #49
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerhjr View Post
...I am not a retired person, that has somewhat unlimited resources for toys...
It appears you know not of what you speak. As they say, "Don't let the door ..." Good luck selling your rig.
Old 07-23-2014, 05:52 PM   #50

We love the floor plan

That's what the DW and I say when we are asked how we like our new camper. We purchased a 27RLWS this spring and it has been at the dealer about the same amount of time as we have had it at home. One thing after another. Fridge, stove, microwave, flooring, couch, shower, and more. Yes things are being fixed but it is ridiculous to have constant problems. We are now just making a list and will take it to he dealer this winter so that we can do some camping. This is not my first FR product, I had a FR Surveyor for eight years with only one minor problem. That is one reason why we bought another. I believe that the quality of FR products has declined by a lot. Ok I have vented, let the attacks begin.
Old 07-23-2014, 05:56 PM   #51

Zexel, we are feeling your pain....
Old 07-23-2014, 05:57 PM   #52
Site Team

The OP is selling his trailer after multiple problems with it, so there is nothing more to be gleaned from this topic. We can certainly understand the frustration with spending money on a product that isn't delivering what it is supposed to. It does happen, that there are lemons.

Since there really isn't anything we can do to help the OP, then there really isn't a need for this. This thread is being closed for the sake of forum harmony, as the venting can turn into ranting.

Hopefully Forest River, and their dealers, can take care of their customer to his satisfaction.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
Closed Thread

Tags
forest river