Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-05-2016, 01:28 PM   #41

Still waiting

And remember...you must keeping in touch! We bought our 1st RV...a Forest River R-Rod in July of this year and we are still waiting for the emergency window gasket to be sent to us so we can replace it. Our dealer took the necessary pictures and made the necessary notations, both the service tech and the warranty woman inspected it. (We agreed to replace it ourselves instead of making the 100 mile trip back.) After numerous telephone calls and trying to explain exactly what went on and with whom we were told it was 'on its way'. I guess they ship via donkey because it still has yet to arrive. Thankfully the husband is quite handy and has fixed most of the other issues we have discovered and is currently trying to figure out a few others...(why is it that when the cold water is turned on is comes out extremely hot for about 30 seconds then gets cold and also why, when the bathroom light is turned on you can no longer hear the radio speakers inside). I am sure he will figure these things out, strange as they may be. The window gasket could be a safety issue though and we would like it fixed while still under warranty. We heard our dealer is losing R-Pod franchise and we are waiting to see if it's true! Next option per all yall advice is Forest River direct! Thanks!
eljoho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 02:49 PM   #42

Contact Forest River and don't take NO for the answer. Who ever you talk to has a boss, go to him until you reach the CEO!
xomkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 02:53 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukegsdaddy View Post
Dealer stated FR denied due to not inspecting every 90 days. I did this, got on roof before every time we took it out to check on it. Before I took it to the dealer for repairs after our season was complete looked again and noticed rubber roof coming apart and told our service guy.

I need a beer!
I also had an issue that I thought would be covered by the Forest River warranty. Dealer ( who will go unnamed) told me the issue was not covered. Rather than fight with them, I paid the bill and contacted the appropriate warranty person at Forest River. He had me send the faulty part, a copy of the dealer's invoice and my explanation of what the problem was. Immediately got a call from the Forest River warranty person telling me that they would reimburse me but that could take four to six weeks. Bottom line, Forest River kept their word and made me whole. Check to see who the warranty person is for your product line. If all else fails, contact Bob Byrne and explain your situation. Givethemachance!!
Lazy Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 03:02 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
It appears his Stealer is "AA Coach,Toledo,Ohio! I bet He has Never talked to F/R! Youroo!!
Now that you mention Ohio, x'2 I was there for a Tornado, people rip off poor homeowners for clean up I hope the State got involved. Great people live in Ohio but you have the stealers and the dealers... I have never heard of FR not making there warrenty good. A dealer Yes, FR NO< NO< NO

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 03:08 PM   #45

Grateful to the forum!

Thanks everyone - We've learned so much being 1st timers that our two trips have been great. We still find things to do differently and are already thinking of new things to try, do differently and upgrades to think about. I'm in trouble for wanting a different model already - outdoor kitchen not as important at my age as I thought it would be but that larger bath sure would be nice! It's getting cold here in VT so we may only get out once more before zipping the pod up for winter, and yes, we will be doing it ourselves - he has plenty of plumbing experience to feel confident in doing so and not enough in our dealer to let them do it!
eljoho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 03:26 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by eljoho View Post
...why is it that when the cold water is turned on is comes out extremely hot for about 30 seconds then gets cold
When you have the hot water coming out of your cold line, were you running the furnace recently? My manufacturer felt it necessary to run both the hot and cold water lines for the kitchen sink right through the bottom and out the top of the heater duct that passes under the floor in the kitchen. When my furnace runs, it heats both of these lines (as the hot air blows across them in the duct) and the cold water comes out very hot for the first 10 seconds or so. The manufacturer claims they did this to help keep the lines thawed in freezing weather. My guess, your water lines were run the same way.

John
2014 Dynamax Trilogy 3850RL - South Hampton Interior, Full Body Paint (Black / Silver / White), MOR/ryde Independent Suspension, MOR/ryde Disc Brakes, ONAN 5500 Generator, Progressive Industries HW50C w/Dual Display, Winegard HD Dish w/DirecTV, Washer & Dryer, iSprings 7-stage Reverse Osmosis Water Filter, Trail-Air Flex Air Pin Box, Third AC installed, AC Voltage/Amp Meters, DC Amp Meter, Garnett See Level Tank Sensors, TST 507 TPMS
Retired USAF - Full Timers!
John Hagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 07:02 PM   #47

So far Cedar Creek has went out of there way to help me, they have been great to work with. They are going to replace my front cap next week at the factory. I hope to pick up a few parts then

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 10:12 PM   #48

Who can I call at FR about refusing a fix on my new Flagstaff 26FKWS ?

A slam dunk -- or so I thought -- breakage of the refer door latch was refused for "user screw up".......or, at least, that was the report of the dealer.

This is a DUH moment that needs discussion.
Old 11-15-2016, 10:38 PM   #49

breakage of the refer door latch

Call the manufacturer of the fridge and tell them it is broken. If it should be under warranty I bet they will send you one. Install it yourself. Way less hassle than taking it to the dealer.
Old 11-16-2016, 07:24 AM   #50

Contact forest river directly. I have had thr pocket door in our surveyor 251 rks repaired 3 times to have it fail each time. We are coming up to the end of our warrenty so I contacted them concerning failure after warrenty ends. They checked their records and had no records of any repairs at all. The dealer was using a local handyman to do repaires and not doing any paperwork. Needless to say I am having all the repaiers redone at a dealer recommended by FR.
Themeads46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 09:13 AM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Themeads46 View Post
Needless to say I am having all the repaiers redone at a dealer recommended by FR.
Amazingly FR (and others) do not recommend you do not buy their products from the bum dealers they have under contract, but then they can recommend a dealer for service that doesn't drop the ball. As much as you read about it they have to know the history of a dealers service and know who the bums are, but evidently the bottom line and sales numbers take precedence.
Mr Havercamp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forest river, warranty