Old 03-17-2014, 08:20 PM   #11

There's been a resolution!

Well, good news: dealer "A" has decided to begin carrying model "X," so DW and I went to the dealer this weekend and decided to become the first purchasers of model X from this dealer! Woo-hoo! We picked colors and options, etc. Should be in near the end of April. Can't wait to tow my first 5-er! Now to order that Companion...

Thank you to everyone who responded to this thread with your thoughts and suggestions. I'm starting to think that this is the most helpful forum on the Internet. In fact, I think we win the Internet!

If anyone is interested in more information about this model and dealer, please send me a PM. The dealer will have two additional units of this brand on his lot, and I would certainly be glad to help him move them, since he really helped me out.

2016 Ford Fusion Titanium (gulping gas again, camping support vehicle)
2014 Harley Davidson FLHX (XLR cargo)
2011 Ram 2500 CC 4X4 CTD, B&W Companion (toy hauler hauler)
Taranwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 08:34 PM   #12

Taranwanderer, something to think about. Even if you favorite dealer could not do the 'warranty' work (for free reimbursement) he could still work on your unit if you wanted him too and you paid him. The Dealer where I bought my unit is almost 3 hours away. Time, travel, fuel costs add up. Learn to fix it your self. Take it to the local Dealer you trust if it is not 'involved in a lot of time and high dollar maintenance'. And as a final result pull it hours and hours away and kill the better part of two days if you have leave it, one to take it and one to pick it up.

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 09:01 PM   #13
the-the-the- The GRINCH!

We pretty much had the same problem... we wanted to stay with a Rockwood and DW had her heart set on an Ultra Lite 2702ss. Well, closest dealer for the 2702ss was 90 miles away. However, dealer about 65 miles away had a Flagstaff Super Lite 27BESS. Same trailer, different graphics and interior colors. Might have gone with the furthest dealer, except he never called me back on the availability.
His loss was our gain. Got a great deal and found out the closest dealer is AWESOME! Have already had to have work done and the people were great.
THAT is when I found out FR has pretty much the same trailers in a couple different lines.

"Sunny" the 2017 Sunseeker 3010DS
2006 Jeep Liberty Toad
.... and lovin' life...
DaGrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 11:13 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taranwanderer View Post
Well, good news: dealer "A" has decided to begin carrying model "X," so DW and I went to the dealer this weekend and decided to become the first purchasers of model X from this dealer! Woo-hoo! We picked colors and options, etc. Should be in near the end of April
Wow - sounds like that worked out perfectly.

Enjoy the new rig!

2017 F-250
2013 Rockwood Roo 23 IKSS
KMP44 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forest river