Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-12-2018, 02:41 PM   #1

Forest River DS-21 Winterizing, Fresh Water Drain???

RE Winterizing - OK, just got a 2019 DS-21. New. During the walkthrough the dealer filled the tanks and did a thorough job of detailing use. Then when we were signing papers the tanks were drained.

I drained the city water side, blew all water out with compressed air. All is good there. Antifreeze in drains. Cool.

Now, I think there is water in the fresh water tank but nothing comes out the drain. I opened the fresh water drain, one little bit of water came out. I blew some compressed air in there, nothing comes out the fresh water drain. No water or air.

We never put any water in the fresh water tank when camping, and we haven't even had a chance to go camping yet.

When I blew some compresses air in the FW tank maybe a cup of water came out all over me. No big deal. So I reluctantly dumped a half gallon of Anti Fr down it but still nothing comes out the drain.

My next thought is to run the water pump and draw from the fresh water tank and see what happens.

Is there a valve I have to switch to change the pump from city to fresh? Or do I put the cap back on the city water inlet and the pump will draw from fresh tank?

Thanks in advance - John
RVTailors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 03:40 PM   #2

You should have a fresh water drain in the fresh water tank, it’s different than the line that come out the sewer line. Look under the camper and find the fresh water tank there should be a drain line under that tank
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 05:14 PM   #3

Thanks for the response, but I am looking for the valve that turns the water pump to fresh water tank. I figured out that the fresh water tank is empty, but I want to check the pipe from the fresh water tank to the pump and make sure that is clear or in need of blowing out.

Unless that empties when the low water drains are open?

I have the valve to empty the fresh water open and got only a little out of it.
RVTailors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 07:34 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVTailors View Post
Thanks for the response, but I am looking for the valve that turns the water pump to fresh water tank. I figured out that the fresh water tank is empty, but I want to check the pipe from the fresh water tank to the pump and make sure that is clear or in need of blowing out.

Unless that empties when the low water drains are open?

I have the valve to empty the fresh water open and got only a little out of it.
If you had drained the fresh water tank, there shouldn't have been any need for any antifreeze in it! Sounds like you probably didn't close off the fresh water fill valve before winterizing! If your fresh water drain valve was open and the valve from the pump to the few tank was closed, yes, the hose would have drained at the same time as the fw tank.
Schvarak is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drain, forest river, fresh water, water, winter