Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-14-2013, 05:08 PM   #1

Forest River extended warranty

We just got home with our new Forest River Rockwood and want to purchase the extended warranty for $150. I need a form (?), an address to send the money to, and an address. Thanks for your help!
lakebucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 05:15 PM   #2
Director, FROG

Congratulations on the new Rockwood. I hope it brings you years of great adventures!

Try calling the Rockwood Parts/Service division at (574) 642-2640. They should be able to help you. It will help them to have the last 7 digits of the serial number (VIN) when you call.

Bob Byrne
Director, Forest River Owners' Group (FROG)
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
F.R.O.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 05:24 PM   #3
Owner/Operator

Here's a link to the form and info.

http://www.disruptiveweb.com/images/warranty_addon.pdf

RodeoGeorge
RodeoGeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 07:49 PM   #4

FR Extended Warranty

I've looked through the FR Inc site and can find nothing about an extended warranty. Clearly there is one; am I just not finding the right link? Also wondering if anyone knows if this available to purchasers in Canada?
ExTenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 08:27 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExTenter View Post
I've looked through the FR Inc site and can find nothing about an extended warranty. Clearly there is one; am I just not finding the right link? Also wondering if anyone knows if this available to purchasers in Canada?
Yes, we've had the optional 2nd year warranty on both FR campers we've purchased and imported into Canada.

The link to the form that RodeoGeorge posted (post 3#) lists what is covered.

Dave

Nights camped in 2013 - 55, 2014 - 105, 2015 - 63
Dave_Monica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:02 PM   #6
rip

Hi Lakebucky. Yours may not be there in the Rockwood packet with all the guides and appliance operating/warranty info (takes a while to go through all that stuff) but you may not recognize it...

My Rockwood form was titled slightly different than the online form, a single page with Forest River 'Additional 12-Month Optional Protection Plan For Travel Trailers And Fifth Wheels' printed at the top, with instructions and info in the text.

In February as I read thru some of the Rockwood packet, I realized a few items required cards to be sent in for warranty registration within x number of days. Most did not require any further action.

Another really useful page in that Rockwood packet was the Forest River Appliance Information Sheet with an itemized list of the model numbers and serial numbers of the various appliances or accessories.
+ 2002 Ford F-250 7.3L 4X4
rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:10 PM   #7

extended warranty

Does anyone know if the warranty is included for the EVO trailers ? The form that is posted is from 2008 ,is there a newer form out ?

I called Forest River today,I was told if it was not in my info package with the trailer I had to get the form from my dealer. When I questioned my dealer about I was told it was closed to $1200.00 for a year ,not $150.

The reason I would like a longer warranty is I have owned the new (2013) trailer for over a month and I have only had it for 1.5 days , due to slide out issues. (I kinda have a bad feeling about this trailer). I hate to say it but ,I think I will need all the warranty I can get.

Thanks,
A very fustrated trailer owner.
fireguy65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 08:40 PM   #8

thanks for all the info. I called the phone number given in the first reply. Shiela McGee in the FR extended warranty dept called me back and emailed me the form. My only concern is that the form says "within 10 days of purchase". I am going to fill it out, scan it, and email it back to her.
lakebucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 10:04 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExTenter View Post
Simply fill out the form and send it in to Forest River along with your cheque for $150.00 (USD). Don't worry too much about the "within 10 days requirement". You will eventually get your completed form stamped and returned to you, which is proof of registration. I have, sadly, had occasion to actually use the second-year warranty and it is quite seamless as FR records the warranty info in their data bank - so again, don't worry too much about only getting your original stamped application back as proof of purchase.

...VTX-Al
VTX Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 10:11 AM   #10
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakebucky View Post
thanks for all the info. I called the phone number given in the first reply. Shiela McGee in the FR extended warranty dept called me back and emailed me the form. My only concern is that the form says "within 10 days of purchase". I am going to fill it out, scan it, and email it back to her.
The fact that they emailed you the form is a good sign. Of course once you received confirmation you will feel better but at this point I don't see a need to worry.

I brought my TT in Sept. and picked up the 2nd year warranty in May which was outside that "10 days" period.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:30 PM   #11

Does anyone know if they do something similar (2nd yr extended) for their motorhomes? I can't find anything.
goin2drt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:32 PM   #12
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by goin2drt View Post
Does anyone know if they do something similar (2nd yr extended) for their motorhomes? I can't find anything.
From what I've read on here- it does NOT sound like it.
Old 03-19-2013, 10:08 PM   #13
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by goin2drt View Post
the second year FR warranty is only available on towables, not motorhomes.
and not the newer FR acquisitions, PrimeTime, Shasta, Dynamax, Coachmen, Viking.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 10:14 PM   #14

Thanks. Looks the extended warranty is the only option. What a dilemma. To extended warranty or not?
Old 03-19-2013, 11:14 PM   #15

By any chance is your new trailer model 2050? I am looking at buying one soon.
Any info would be appreciated...
Thanks
Steve
Steve 911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 07:23 AM   #16

Sure am glad I read this thread. Going to close the deal on my new Rockwood Friday, and I'm sure the dealer will try to get me to buy that expensive extended warranty.
diverdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:24 AM   #17
Resident Masshole

My dealer, specifically the finance guy, spent 10 minutes going over that $150 warranty for my 23SS and everything it covered. He basically implied it was a waste of money, because it only covered things that failed due to improper workmanship (vs user error or accidents). Also, half the the things on the last had a 2+ year warranty on them already. Just one example, but why buy a 1 year warranty extension for a floor that has a lifetime warranty?

What I am considering applying that money to instead is the Easycare (Total Care) plan, which covers roadside assistance, towing reimbursement, trip interruption insurance, slide out coverage, etc. That costs closer to $2K, and is limited to 84 months of coverage.

Not to thread hijack, but has anyone gone with that route and are glad they did?
Nights camped in 2014: 8
Nights camped in 2013: 30
force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:46 AM   #18

I checked into something like the easycare. I found out that I could just add $33 a year to my AAA membership and it will cover everything you just mentioned above. The dilemma I am in seems to be the high expense of the ext warranty but they the kicker is IF you have something go wrong, then they have these high deductibles. Really the ext warranty is only going to cover a major issue anything under $1000 you are going to have to pay for. Now they do have a version with a $500 deduc but of course that costs even more.
Old 03-20-2013, 10:30 AM   #19
Resident Masshole

Yeah, damned if you do, damned if you don't when it comes to these extended warranties.

The brochure tries to sell you by saying an inverter replacement is $2,200, a refrigerator is $2,100, water heater is $1,390. The impossible question is how likely are these to fail within the first 7 years? Is spending $2K, plus $1K deductible, worth covering a $2K fridge?

Math like that may just talk me out of getting this lol

Good tip on AAA, I'll have to call them to discuss adding that.
Nights camped in 2014: 8
Nights camped in 2013: 30
force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:44 PM   #20

I contacted wholesalewarranties.com from a recommendation of another member Iggy. They were 1/3 the cost of Xtraride. Company they were using is called Protrek? I read the fine print and it seemed to be close on coverage. Also spoke live to the guy at WW and he seemed legit.