Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-10-2008, 06:35 PM   #1
Skap

Smile Forest River - How are the lines different?

We are looking to upgrade from a tent trailer. We have narrowed the search to the 23RS trailers.

However it is very confusing The Rockwood Roo, Shamrock, and Surveyor lines all have a 23RS trailer. The floor plans are exactly the same. No dealer carries more than one series and all claim they know nothing about any differences

Should I assume they are exactly the same and base the selection on price and dealership?

You guys are doing a great job. The is a lot of useful informmation here

Thanks
skap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 08:58 PM   #2
Cyber Phrenologist

Forest River has several lines that are the exact same trailer, Rockwood and Flagstaff are the ones I am most familiar with.

The primary differences are the interior colors, decals and some minor bits of trim. Sometimes one trailer will have slightly different cabinetry than the same floorplan in the other line. Some lines will have a west coast assembly plant and an east coast. But mostly they are built in the same plants, by the same people out of the same stuff.

I guess this gives you greater choice of colors and dealers, and you might get a better deal on one or the other.

And welcome to the forum.

Radio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 09:07 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio View Post
Forest River has several lines that are the exact same trailer, Rockwood and Flagstaff are the ones I am most familiar with.

The primary differences are the interior colors, decals and some minor bits of trim. Sometimes one trailer will have slightly different cabinetry than the same floorplan in the other line. Some lines will have a west coast assembly plant and an east coast. But mostly they are built in the same plants, by the same people out of the same stuff.

I guess this gives you greater choice of colors and dealers, and you might get a better deal on one or the other.

And welcome to the forum.
x2
cardinal and cedar creek are close as cousins can get as well.
nowdays good deals abound. NEGOTIATION is in your favor
Old 10-11-2008, 06:48 PM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by skap View Post
We are looking to upgrade from a tent trailer. We have narrowed the search to the 23RS trailers.

However it is very confusing The Rockwood Roo, Shamrock, and Surveyor lines all have a 23RS trailer. The floor plans are exactly the same. No dealer carries more than one series and all claim they know nothing about any differences
Should I assume they are exactly the same and base the selection on price and dealership?Thanks
the Roo and Shamrock are twins except for different fabrics and outside graphics. they have the 23RS in both brands.

the Surveyor is from a different factory and they don't have a 23RS. they have a 235RKS. it has a rear King-bed slide, not a queen like the 23RS. it also is oriented differently than the Roo/Shamrock. it's head is toward the rear instead of the side.
and the double bunks in the front are bigger. it also is about 2' longer and has different specs.

a lot of companies have twin brands. it's so 2 dealers in one area can each carry a brand and not infringe on the other one's brand.
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote