Old 04-22-2015, 09:43 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles View Post
I think the vast majority of people on this forum would be happy if Forest River just got it right. Keep the trinkets.
I agree with you, Bubbles! Give me a quality unit and keep your trinkets. The last thing I would want to do is advertise for Forest River!

Old 04-23-2015, 12:24 AM   #22
Lon

Hey I got a welcome gift....some toilet paper and some blue stuff for my toilet which came in handy the first time I passed a semi with my new camper trailer I could have sworn the truck driver was laughing at me as I crawled by. He looked a lot like Warren Bruffet! Since I bought this new camper I've felt a certain BOND with Warren and I'm sure he has shared many a BOND with his fellow man. Sorry....bad joke

Old 04-23-2015, 12:31 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmaxmutt View Post
Believe it or not, they have gotten better with an online owner's manual within the past year.

Forest River RV Online Owners Manuals
I'm still hoping for a manual that is model specific. Maybe next 5er I buy will have one. Mine is a triple axel and the only one I saw (via your link) is a double. The sticker on the side of mine is "36 DBKS" I can't find anyone else that owns one including searching this site!

2015 36DBK5
2015 Chevy 3500 dually
Ninemmsig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 07:12 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmpj View Post
I agree with you, Bubbles! Give me a quality unit and keep your trinkets. The last thing I would want to do is advertise for Forest River!
I, along with what would guess the majority of FR owners here, am very happy with multiple FR units I have owned and proud to be a FR owner.

If you're not satisfied with FR, why are you here and posting. Why not find another product you like more?
Old 04-23-2015, 07:58 AM   #25
RETIRED

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaPhil View Post
I, along with what would guess the majority of FR owners here, am very happy with multiple FR units I have owned and proud to be a FR owner.

If you're not satisfied with FR, why are you here and posting. Why not find another product you like more?
Agree with you Phil to a point. Its the owners with problems and answers here that keeps me reading. Things break its nice to know someone has the answer

2015 Jeep Cherokee
2016 Ford Race Car Red 350HD Cargo Van HR DRW EXT DIY Daytripper "My Little Red Corvette"
n-e-d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 08:31 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by n-e-d View Post
Agree with you Phil to a point. Its the owners with problems and answers here that keeps me reading. Things break its nice to know someone has the answer
I agree with you Ned. Everyone experiences problems, and this is a great place to get assistance.

I just don't understand why people hang around just to bash the brand.
Old 04-23-2015, 08:51 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninemmsig View Post
I'm still hoping for a manual that is model specific. Maybe next 5er I buy will have one. Mine is a triple axel and the only one I saw (via your link) is a double. The sticker on the side of mine is "36 DBKS" I can't find anyone else that owns one including searching this site!
Don't bet on it or hold your breath; you will turn blue before that happens.

I am on my third 5er from three different manufactures and none of them have published model specific manuals. In fact the last unit I own which was a 318SAB Cougar 2010 model built by Keystone. The manual was so bad that you had to go the sub-manufactures web site and see if you could find information on the slides. Thankfully Lippert Components did publish manuals for their slides.
Old 04-23-2015, 10:16 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim34RL View Post
Don't bet on it or hold your breath; you will turn blue before that happens.

I am on my third 5er from three different manufactures and none of them have published model specific manuals. In fact the last unit I own which was a 318SAB Cougar 2010 model built by Keystone. The manual was so bad that you had to go the sub-manufactures web site and see if you could find information on the slides. Thankfully Lippert Components did publish manuals for their slides.
I figured that out, it's just frustrating! Would be nice to find my model online somewhere though. Fortunately, I'm kinda handy and have tools and an inquiring mind! Happy camping!

2015 36DBK5
2015 Chevy 3500 dually
Ninemmsig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 11:36 AM   #29
RETIRED

I just don't understand why people hang around just to bash the brand.[/QUOTE]

Just human nature tied to the ease of venting that the internet affords everyone. Behind the bashing though you'll find some good points that need to be said. Thats why I always read them good ideas always have a way of shining through the chaff. By the way I'd be proud to wear a Sunseeker hat. Heck forgot to get a dealer hat when bought my 2650

2015 Jeep Cherokee
2016 Ford Race Car Red 350HD Cargo Van HR DRW EXT DIY Daytripper "My Little Red Corvette"
n-e-d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 01:44 PM   #30

The lack of owner's manuals is not surprising. How many of you out there run powerful computer software with an owner's manual? I would bet not many. Is your car owner's manual worth a damn? Nope. Mine doesn't even tell me how to change the battery (lo and behold, it's behind the passenger's seat!). I'm pretty sure our Harley didn't come with one, either.

Thank goodness for Google & YouTube these days.

2014 Coachmen Mirada 35BH

previous owner of
2014 Rockwood Mini-Lite 2306
dkb74 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forest river