Old 04-05-2016, 04:25 PM   #11

I have never bought from them and have no significant experience with them, but Lazy Days in Tampa Fl has its own campground which they encourage you to use, at their expense, for I believe up to two nights to have the opportunity to use everything and note any problems. They address the problems before you leave the property with the rig.

Seems to me ALL dealerships should do that.

Old 04-05-2016, 06:46 PM   #12

Look at my signature and you'll see what we're doing. In all fairness, FR agreed to take our Wildcat back to the factory to fix the problems, but we were just sick of dealing with it. Having said that, I don't care who is the mfgr., they all have issues IMHO. We hope to minimize our problems with the Montana (picking up next week) but we're going to do an extensive PDI before we sign for it. We were rushed on the Wildcat and let the dealer lead us where they wanted us, i.e., signing for it before the PDI. Ain't gonna happen with the new one.

phillyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 07:03 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by B and B View Post
I have a Rockwood Fifth wheel. This is our second Rockwood we had a TT with a super slide. I had some problems but the dealer rectified the issue. They changed the design and operation of the super slide at my request that fixed the alignment issue.

The Rockwood Fifth Wheel has had some small issues but for the most part everything is good. We bought for the floor plan as well. We are looking at a Columbus but until the canadian dollar rebounds we are just looking.

A lot in my mind depends on the dealer and service you get. Buy cheap out of state and then try to get service, that seems to be a major issue with many that have problems unresolved and end up being unhappy.

The last paragraph I think hits it on the head. They are all basically the same. The dealer is where you will either have a good or bad experience. Service is what should be looked at. The dealer I deal with bends over backwards in regards to service. I had a bad dump valve on my pdi. Brought it in and changed it out while they let me borrow a brand new Sierra dmax to go for a coffee. Hard to handle. Any other issue I have had has been dealt with the same. I had some stitching problems with my couch. New couch came in within 2 weeks they booked me in within 3 days once receiving it. I consider trailers just like cars or trucks find a dealer with good service and you will
Always go back
Who cares what it says on the side.
Old 04-05-2016, 07:48 PM   #14

So was it bad that I had to teach my dealer some of the features of my new 5er. LOL

Eastlake, Ohio
2013 F-350 Turbo Diesel
2016 Heritage Glen 368rlbh
Old 04-05-2016, 08:10 PM   #15

I did a lot of research and decided on the Cedar Creek Silverback (29RE), we bought a 2015 from dealer stock. After being in and around several makes and models, the Cedar Creek seems to have a little higher level of materials as well as fit and finish. It is new to us so we don't have a long term test to report. Good luck, happy camping!
'13 GMC 2500HD
Duramax/Allison
Otegoans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 09:00 PM   #16

Consider Northwood (Arctic Fox) 5th wheels. They may not be available in your area, however they are rated #1 in the above average category. I've had 2 5er's from them and can say never any major problems and on the last one I had no fixes noted during the PDI. They have a high rating and are a quality unit. Remember you get what you pay for.
Old 04-07-2016, 02:13 PM   #17

We had a V-Cross Vibe made by Forest River, and had problem after problem with it. My wife hated it. We was reluctant to buy another Forest River, but we was on a lot looking at Jayco's and out of curiosity, stepped into the Rockwood that we now have and instantly loved it. After spending a couple of days researching the Rockwoods and finding mostly positive reviews, we decided to get it. We've not had a single issue and we love it. Both Forest River, but night and day difference between the two, problems wise.
US Navy veteran
Movike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 02:42 PM   #18
Camp Bartender

My wife and I bought our 28DBUD Wildwood last April and camped with it a whole season to make note of any issues it had. We made a list, took them back to the dealer and they were repaired at no cost and no hassle to us. I even had some problems with my power jack switches a few weeks ago, and they sent me new ones directly from the factory for free to fix it. In one year of use, roughly 20 night of camping and 600 Miles towed the issues had were:

The front light by the propane tank wasn't working
The shower was missing some molding
The cabinet doors over the sink shifted a little and wouldn't shut
A piece of trim was missing on the dinette
A piece of the awning pulled out of the track holding it to the body
Extra latches were installed on the pull out drawer under our couch, it would open in transit
The auto striker knob on our stove broke.

Everything was fixed, as many people have said, its more about the dealership when fixing things. But overall, I am pretty happy with our unit.

2015: 7 Trips, 20 Nights Camped
2016: 7 Trips, 23 Nights Camped
2017: 5 Trips, 15 Nights Camped (so far)
stevensmith2859 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 03:32 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevensmith2859 View Post
My wife and I bought our 28DBUD Wildwood last April and camped with it a whole season to make note of any issues it had. We made a list, took them back to the dealer and they were repaired at no cost and no hassle to us. I even had some problems with my power jack switches a few weeks ago, and they sent me new ones directly from the factory for free to fix it. In one year of use, roughly 20 night of camping and 600 Miles towed the issues had were:

The front light by the propane tank wasn't working
The shower was missing some molding
The cabinet doors over the sink shifted a little and wouldn't shut
A piece of trim was missing on the dinette
A piece of the awning pulled out of the track holding it to the body
Extra latches were installed on the pull out drawer under our couch, it would open in transit
The auto striker knob on our stove broke.

Everything was fixed, as many people have said, its more about the dealership when fixing things. But overall, I am pretty happy with our unit.

Stephen what dealer did you use? I have not had good luck or heard good comments with local dealers in York/ Hanover PA area.
5.7L Hemi, 3:73 Rear
Ron & Shirley (Empty Nesters)
rmac04401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 10:15 PM   #20

Had a Tracer Executive. Great unit. Would buy it again if I ever went back to pulling a TT. Of course I purchased it from the only dealer around here with a good reputation for service.

Tags
forest river, quality