Closed Thread
Old 08-04-2016, 05:37 PM   #31
Originally Posted by KatanaPilot View Post
It doesn't take much reading of posts on this forum to figure out that from the smallest trailers to the Berkshires - there are problems with quality on everything FR makes. Delaminated walls, water leaks galore, improper to dangerous wiring, poor to non-existent warranty service, component failure, lousy build quality - you name it - it's being posted here daily.

Size of the company matters nothing. Fiat-Chrysler is a huge company, yet their products routinely end up at the bottom of the quality lists of most of the consumer publications.

Ban me if you want, but you folks that continue to spout the rhetoric about how great this company is, how great their products are and how well they take care of anyone with issues - you aren't seeing what I'm seeing in the multitude of posts from owners with serious issues.
I will say there seems to be mostly problems addressed on here. There are some interesting trip reviews and product reviews but mostly problems are discussed. So far, I've got no complaints, but I agree with you that there are sure. A lot of questions about problems with FR RVs.

Old 08-04-2016, 06:04 PM   #32
But those with few or no problems are rarely heard from.

Old 08-04-2016, 06:50 PM   #33
My comment is simple. If you don't like what you see then move on. No need for a big discussion. I am happy to live in a country where I can afford the luxury of owning an rv and I'm free to go out and enjoy it. To me puttering is relaxing.
04 Ram 3500
07 Ram 3500
2011 Puma 295kbh
Old 08-04-2016, 08:45 PM   #34
Like Buying a House

We have had our share of problems (notably, having our unit go back to the factory for a 6 month re-build!). However, we are completing a 2 1/2 month cross-country trip of over 8K miles with our 2014 Cardinal 3850 and have been very satisfied with how well our unit has performed. I enjoy working on our Cardinal when things go wrong but virtually nothing has gone wrong! We love our Cardinal 3850 and enjoy seeing the country in it.

2014 Cardinal 3850
2015 Ram 3500 DRW
Old 08-04-2016, 08:58 PM   #35
Our son worked as an RV technician for a few months. It was at a large dealership that has locations in several states.
The big joke in the service dept., was this:
The term "RV", stands for "Ruined Vacation"
Old 08-04-2016, 09:10 PM   #36
A positive note!

Originally Posted by CaptnJohn View Post
But those with few or no problems are rarely heard from.
I'm considering a Cedar Creek 38RD. I asked in a post, about the experiences, good and bad, that owners have had with theirs. I received several positive comments, some very exuberant!
Old 08-04-2016, 10:11 PM   #37
Thank you for your positive comments! We have a 2011 Wildwood with a few issues that we have fixed (factory tech incomplete water heater install & slide track incorrectly installed) but by and large, we love our little trailer. I call it my "Mom Cave" because I go out to the side yard parking spot to nap uninterrupted. Heaven! Have it plugged into the 30 amp plug on the side of the house so I can run the ac if needed. Our trips usually run from 4 to 6 weeks away camping.
Old 08-05-2016, 01:11 AM   #38
I purchased my 2014 Sunseeker 2300 and have been expecting it to fall apart at any moment...based on posts in this forum. But, it hasn't failed me, yet. I guess I'm lucky. I had one warranty issue. I called FR and they sent the part to my dealer, Lewis RV in Dayton, Ohio. The dealer repaired it. I'm happy. The wife's happy. Have RV, will travel.
Old 08-05-2016, 09:05 AM   #39
Newly Retired
I don't think any new RV is free of bugs that need to be attended to. I have had several used RVs that all needed attention from time to time. I currently have a 2016 that is no different.
I think it's just the nature of the beast, you basically have a house that bounces down the road. Things will go wrong. But we enjoy it all.
Old 08-05-2016, 10:44 AM   #40
There is very little Quality Control anywhere in our world today !!!

Closed Thread