Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2016, 07:19 AM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine 1945 View Post
Sorry Man that you got such a POS RV !!!

Many of us on this forum have tried to warn people about buying an RV from some one other than a somewhat local dealer !!!

He really got a bad one. With that list the factory should just rebuild it from stage one on the line. With a list that long it is understood why other dealers don't want to touch it. Hopefully the 1100 mile dealer will dedicate a tech to the project for a month. Thankfully my 5er has not had warranty except for a battery and wh Atwood took care of as that 45 mile trip sux. Have to feel bad not only for the long list but amount of time it will be in the shop. Maybe they will get it all done right the 1st time too.

Old 08-08-2016, 07:24 AM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Havercamp View Post
As Steve Jobs used to say....
“Quality is more important than quantity. One home run is much better than two doubles.”

And as someone unknown used to say....
“If you don’t have time to do it right you must have time to do it over.”

As far as your comment, why did you even open and read a thread titled "Forest River Quality Control" If you don't want to be in the middle of a discussion. No one is twisting your arm to make a comment in the first place.
Just to give you a wedgie ! Just because you are miserable, leave the rest of us out of it ! Contact Forest River, they are the only ones that can satisfy your complaint.

Old 08-08-2016, 07:31 AM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch Wilson View Post
Just to give you a wedgie ! Just because you are miserable, leave the rest of us out of it ! Contact Forest River, they are the only ones that can satisfy your complaint.

That's hilarious............especially seeing that no one put you in it but yourself!
Old 08-08-2016, 08:23 AM   #54

I also do not understand why Mr. Wilson is here,,, but I guess it is his right !!!
I do agree that gberge should contact FR,,, and skip dealing with any dealer !!!
Old 08-08-2016, 08:30 AM   #55

Quote:
I also do not understand why Mr. Wilson is here,,, but I guess it is his right !!!
Yes you are correct, it is his right...................He apparently also feels its his right to censor others?
Old 08-08-2016, 08:34 AM   #56

Quote:
I do agree that gberge should contact FR,,, and skip dealing with any dealer !!!
When I suggested the factory I thought they would be concerned as OPs son was injured when something fell apart. No one wants an injury, especially a child.
Old 08-08-2016, 10:58 AM   #57
Citrus County, Fl.

It appears to me that there are a couple posters on here that for the most part all they do is complain, which of course is their right and I admit makes for entertaining reading.

In my opinion, some of the FR manufacturers have better build quality than others. As many have stated, any manufacturer and all their lines will from time to time have build issues.

Most of the issues I have had with my Forester have been Vendor issues with exception of a leaking ice maker line. Everything was either taken care of by my dealer or a mobile tech when my AC crapped out while on a camping trip. Most of the items were repaired/replaced within a week or as soon as the next day (AC unit) Longest wait was about a month waiting on either the fridge fan or a replacement fridge door (gasket got torn on the latch)

As for not as well built as years ago, I agree but there is more "stuff" now and many manufactures have outsourced to China due to costs. It would be nice if all the divisions would upgrade to better quality products like Forester has done. They switched from WFCO converters to Progressive Dynamics, and water heaters from Suburban with the stupid outside switch and an anode rod that needs to be replaced yearly to the Atwood that seems to last forever. Also the addition of the cordless Dyson vacuum cleaner over the Dirt Devil is worth it's weight in gold.

It's also a benefit to have manufacturer reps who volunteer to participate in this forum which was a big factor in my decision to purchase. Hats off to Brian Clemmons and Joshua Cavett (sp) for all they do.

Sorry for being long winded but wanted to add my 2 cents worth.
99 Terry 31G
Old 08-08-2016, 11:35 AM   #58

Just wondering, how many different factories does Forest River have to build the various brands it sells? As mentioned, some brands from FR do not seem to have many problems at all with build quality, while other brands are full of factory build defects.
Old 08-08-2016, 02:35 PM   #59

Forest river Quality Issues

We are new FR owners 2016 377TS upgrade from a 24 foot fifth wheel.
Here are some facts about the new purchase.
Purchased in VA April 21, 2016 from dealer -everything worked and items repaired prior to leaving dealer.
1. GFI outlets not working - wiring stripped by one of the slides - no protective hdwe to protect harness.
2. Rear shades hung four inches off center inside.
3. Molding strip missing by TV
4. Many shelves don't come flush with cabinets .

Drove it home to MA - everything worked well.

Filled water tank en-route and slept in Walmart lot.

1. Found leak where slide cut hose when moving in and out. No protect trough to keep line in check - took to another dealer to repair.
2. Keeps tripping my GFI in the house while plugged in for Fridge ONLY running. 120v to 50amp converter sold to us by dealer-fifteen feet heavy duty new electrical cord.

Landed in MA parked it.

May 5th 2016

1. Leveled it with system . System would not retract and component switch was replaced by local dealer shop.
2. Battery blew while parked a day later while waiting for switch.
3. Parked in rear of house, not occupied- 120 volt converter wire from dealer plugged in for fridge and fan.

June 11 2016 - took out for day trip
1. Leveling system -Lippert by the way - would not engage - panel flashing - even though legs were up
2. Local dealer repaired another switch in Lippert unit

July 29 - took out for one day overnite
1. Leveled with Lippert
2. Extended slides.
3. Lippert system would not retract legs
4. Slides stopped would not retract
5. Repaired , blown fuse and blown circuit breaker - no fuse diagram or breaker diagram found in three areas- also not in owners manual.
6. Up and running - sunshade stops and does not run.

Now going in shop for fourth time a total of 5 weeks of repairs.

At this point I do not think highly of FR Georgetown. Did I mention that two emails to their service contact on the website have gone unanswered.

I am hoping they find the issues and we have much fewer issues with the remaining miles on it. We bought it with 1928 miles now has 3011 miles. Hoping it gets better.
Old 08-08-2016, 03:05 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Havercamp View Post
As Steve Jobs used to say....
“Quality is more important than quantity. One home run is much better than two doubles.”

And as someone unknown used to say....
“If you don’t have time to do it right you must have time to do it over.”

As far as your comment, why did you even open and read a thread titled "Forest River Quality Control" If you don't want to be in the middle of a discussion. No one is twisting your arm to make a comment in the first place.
X2. We all have the option of turning the page or changing the channel.

The world is a great book, of which those who never stir from home
read only a page. - St. Augustine
Closed Thread

Tags
quality