Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-06-2016, 09:52 AM   #21
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Kickin View Post
That stuff grows hair! I read that on the internet, I think.
At the very least I got an education on popcorn, but I must say it doesn't work. I'm living proof... bald as a q-ball.
grayfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 10:01 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by grayfox View Post
Here is the rest of the story. The curtailment was supposed to be an effort to either get caught up on production of other models or add some new efficiency as 5th wheels are a much slower build on the production line vs TTs. Take it for what it's worth... remember it's a rumor. My post was only a question. I hope all enjoyed their popcorn. My beer was cold while waiting for an answer can't eat popcorn... pretzels and cheese with my cold beer.
Actually I have enjoyed this thread. For me it has been a grin a minute as opposed to the sniping on other threads this weekend.

My hat is off to you sir.
Wobbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 10:04 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wobbles View Post
Sorry folks, we are out of oil for the popcorn maker. I will pickup some more when I see my barber. Odd, that he sells popcorn cooking oil.
If you are around Ft Myers beach FL there is a Barber shop next door to Indian Creek RV park that has "Beer and Popcorn " FREE! I bet they know Information on this also! Youroo! !
Old 11-06-2016, 10:15 AM   #24
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Actually I have enjoyed this thread. For me it has been a grin a minute as opposed to the sniping on other threads this weekend.

My hat is off to you sir.
Back at ya... love the Forest River Owners Group. A good bunch of folks.
Old 11-06-2016, 10:33 AM   #25

If I'm not mistaken Forest River curtails all production towards the end of the year due to their scheduled down time over the Holidays.

Now if someone would be so kind as to pass the powered Tabasco seasoning for my bowl of popcorn I would certainly appreciate it.

On the other hand, let me be the first to Wish you all a Happy and Safe Holiday Season!!!!!

Past RVs: National Pacifica 40', Kenworth T300 Toterhome, Jayco Class C 32'. American Eagle 40',
American Eagle 40', Bounder 38' tag axle
jonrjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 10:55 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by HONDAMAN174 View Post
Hey Bob- on that note, do you have any pamphlets that you could send to me about the forum? We enjoy talking to other FR owners when camping and no one has ever heard of the forum. We tell them about it but a piece of paper with pretty pictures on it is a good reminder.

2014 Evo 2850 "Woodstock"
2011 Toyota Tundra "Clifford"
Are you taking about the Forest River Forum, or the Forest River Owners’ Group? They are two different animals.

You are currently reading the Forest River Forums (FRF) which has no affiliation with the Forest River Owners’ Group (FROG) or Forest River Inc. However, some employees of Forest River Inc. are members of this forum and read and in some cases respond to the posts made here. The Forest River Owners’ Group (FROG) is an organization formed and controlled by Forest River Inc. Bob, as the Director of the Forest River Owners’ Group (FROG) is an employee of Forest River Inc., and like me is just a member of the Forest River Forum (FRF).

The Forest River Forums (FRF) is owned by Social Knowledge and all of us are just owners (for the most part) of Forest River products and its subsidiaries. If you scroll to the very bottom of this page you can find out more about Social Knowledge and the forums they own.

Both the Forest River Forums (FRF) and the Forest River Owners’ Group (FROG) are free to join. Many members that participate in these forums don’t even realize they need to register with the Forest River Owners’ Group to become a FROG. Here’s a link to the Forest River Owners’ Group where you can register and join if you haven’t already. Forest River Owners Group - The official owner's group of Forest River RV, manufacturer of world-class recreational vehicles.

Many members of FROG don’t even know the FRF exists. Confusing isn’t it? I tried to make this as clear as mud.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 11:31 AM   #27
DDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakman View Post
Are you taking about the Forest River Forum, or the Forest River Owners’ Group? They are two different animals.

You are currently reading the Forest River Forums (FRF) which has no affiliation with the Forest River Owners’ Group (FROG) or Forest River Inc. However, some employees of Forest River Inc. are members of this forum and read and in some cases respond to the posts made here. The Forest River Owners’ Group (FROG) is an organization formed and controlled by Forest River Inc. Bob, as the Director of the Forest River Owners’ Group (FROG) is an employee of Forest River Inc., and like me is just a member of the Forest River Forum (FRF).

The Forest River Forums (FRF) is owned by Social Knowledge and all of us are just owners (for the most part) of Forest River products and its subsidiaries. If you scroll to the very bottom of this page you can find out more about Social Knowledge and the forums they own.

Both the Forest River Forums (FRF) and the Forest River Owners’ Group (FROG) are free to join. Many members that participate in these forums don’t even realize they need to register with the Forest River Owners’ Group to become a FROG. Here’s a link to the Forest River Owners’ Group where you can register and join if you haven’t already. Forest River Owners Group - The official owner's group of Forest River RV, manufacturer of world-class recreational vehicles.

Many members of FROG don’t even know the FRF exists. Confusing isn’t it? I tried to make this as clear as mud.
You did a very good job Bob, mud and all.
Donald&Casey cairn terrier
Rest in Peace Mary my darling wife.
Scottish by birth Canadian by time.
DDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 11:51 AM   #28
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakman View Post

Site Team couldn't have said it better ourselves. Short answer, no there are no FRF pamphlets or swag to hand out. FROG does sell swag on their website and you can usually get a free piece of FROG swag at rallies.
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 12:06 PM   #29
Director, FROG

What Oakman said, and has been quoted a couple of times above, is exactly right. Since FRF is a completely different, albeit complementary site, I don't have any brochures or printed information on the forums. We do, however have a link to the forums from the FROG website.

I do have 8 1/2 x 11-inch cards about FROG, which I'm happy to send to anyone who would like to have some to distribute. They're also included -- or should be -- with the owner's manuals on all new Forest River RVs.

Bob Byrne
Director, Forest River Owners' Group (FROG)
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
F.R.O.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 12:21 PM   #30
Moderator Emeritus

Bob if you could send me some cards, I would love to have some. I frequently meet FR owners that know nothing of FROG. You should still have my address from the Mayberry rally, if not pm me and I will get it to ya. Thanks
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 03:14 PM   #31
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonrjen View Post
If I'm not mistaken Forest River curtails all production towards the end of the year due to their scheduled down time over the Holidays.

Now if someone would be so kind as to pass the powered Tabasco seasoning for my bowl of popcorn I would certainly appreciate it.

On the other hand, let me be the first to Wish you all a Happy and Safe Holiday Season!!!!!
Like my niece said... " can't like that Unc". Pass the sharp cheese and pretzels with a cold one.
Old 11-06-2016, 03:31 PM   #32

Quote:
I will start making the popcorn.
I just got this feeling it's going to take double butter
SEAYALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 05:35 PM   #33

5er stall

Maybe they are taking some time to work on all the mistakes being made and correct a few or maybe not
Boso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 05:45 PM   #34

If the barber doesn't get his information from DW's beauty salon and substsntiated by your local politician who got an rmail from the local media outlook, why would believe it?

Days Camped. 2015: 17
Days Camped 2016: 58
keeprr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 06:00 PM   #35
(Dry Huunday)

Floyd hasnt heard such nonsense and he has never ever passed bum scoop. Just ask Andy, he will vouch for him.

Beau & Sue
FurKid Express
2015 Coachmen Catalina 303RLS
2016 Chevy Silverado LT 2500HD Duramax
The more people I meet, the more I like my dogs!
DreiHunde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 08:45 PM   #36
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreiHunde View Post
Floyd hasnt heard such nonsense and he has never ever passed bum scoop. Just ask Andy, he will vouch for him.
Oh, Oh, Oh AAnnddyy!
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 10:37 PM   #37

Yes Bob. Please send FROG cards my way then.

2014 Evo 2850 "Woodstock"
2011 Toyota Tundra "Clifford"

Just glad to get away
HONDAMAN174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 11:36 PM   #38
RetiredRVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by grayfox View Post
I was told that Forest River was curtailing production of 5th wheels across all brands... don't know the reason. Any info. out there on this rumor?
Does this mean I should hold off ordering my new 5th wheel until next year?!
2017 Coachman Chaparral 336TSIK Fifth Wheel
2018 AT 18 Alaska group
checkmate99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 11:39 PM   #39

Bob needed a haircut?? Huh?? What???
2020 Indian Roadmaster
Toothpick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 12:44 AM   #40
Director, FROG

Mele, mostly on the sides and back. I'm getting near the point where I can shampoo the front with a washcloth. I worry more about sunburn than about dandruff on the front.

Bob Byrne
Director, Forest River Owners' Group (FROG)
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
F.R.O.G. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forest river