Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-06-2017, 01:05 PM   #1

Forest river/Sabre dealers

I am confused about the make of my RV, a simple question you would think. It is a Sabre Silhoulette (I believe the Silhoulette is the feature name) made by Forest River. Some of my paperwork also says Palomino but Sabre doesn't appear on the Palomino brand name list. If I want service, do I go to the Forest River website, the Sabre, or the Palomino? When I google 'Sabre RV' it just takes me to Forest River. I live in Missouri and want a closeby source for service and parts
Also my rear ladder, part number 430-1705, bracket that permits the folding ladder to fold, broke and I am trying to find a source for this Kemcon product. The kemcon website doesn't list the part I need.
Thanks all
sealman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 01:16 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sealman9 View Post
I am confused about the make of my RV, a simple question you would think. It is a Sabre Silhoulette (I believe the Silhoulette is the feature name) made by Forest River. Some of my paperwork also says Palomino but Sabre doesn't appear on the Palomino brand name list. If I want service, do I go to the Forest River website, the Sabre, or the Palomino? When I google 'Sabre RV' it just takes me to Forest River. I live in Missouri and want a closeby source for service and parts
Also my rear ladder, part number 430-1705, bracket that permits the folding ladder to fold, broke and I am trying to find a source for this Kemcon product. The kemcon website doesn't list the part I need.
Thanks all
Hmmmm.. I am almost certain that Sabre used to be a line under the Palomino brand. Of course, Forest River owns Palomino, so maybe they shifted that name under the Forest River umbrella and it is no longer a "Palomino" line.

Actually just remembered I have the contact info list for all Forest River lines, and sure enough, Sabre is listed under the Palomino section. That's the number I'd try. Attached is the contact list.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf ContactInformation.pdf (45.7 KB, 36 views)
dustman_stx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 02:05 PM   #3
Site Team

Yep,after year or two ago, Sabre was transferred to the FR brands, from Palomino.

Remember that there are brands, like Palomino, that FR acquired.
They operate somewhat independently, with separate factories. Palomino's factories are in Michigan, not Indiana.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 02:27 PM   #4

Forest River Warranty on sealants?

Earlier, I stated I had just ordered a 2017 Forest River Sandpiper 379 FLOK. I attempted to find out all I could on the thermal pane windows that were ordered for this unit. Found out the name was Kinro. Still awaiting more on them, but I did find out from Forest River/Customer Service was that the sealant used to seal all the windows to the unit was only warranted for 3 months. That's all. I also discovered that the sealant used on the 12 yr warranted roof around the A/C unit/s, vents, etc., was only warranted for 6 months. I was told that the sealant could crack over that time period or a void could have developed during manufacture. It than became a maintenance issue that I was responsible for. I guess Forest River or the rest can't use the 20 yr caulk used on a home or around those windows. This is FYI..
BillM. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 02:35 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillM. View Post
Earlier, I stated I had just ordered a 2017 Forest River Sandpiper 379 FLOK. I attempted to find out all I could on the thermal pane windows that were ordered for this unit. Found out the name was Kinro. Still awaiting more on them, but I did find out from Forest River/Customer Service was that the sealant used to seal all the windows to the unit was only warranted for 3 months. That's all. I also discovered that the sealant used on the 12 yr warranted roof around the A/C unit/s, vents, etc., was only warranted for 6 months. I was told that the sealant could crack over that time period or a void could have developed during manufacture. It than became a maintenance issue that I was responsible for. I guess Forest River or the rest can't use the 20 yr caulk used on a home or around those windows. This is FYI..
Not to play devils advocate, but that 20 year+ sealant you are referring to is silicone and won't stick to rubber roof material. You have to use a sealant such as Dicor Lap Sealant. And, yes, it will start to crack rather quickly.
dustman_stx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 12:22 AM   #6
Oklahoma Proud

Op....about around summer 2015-ish, the Sabre lineup switched from being a Palomino brand to a Forest River brand. I'm not real sure why, except that maybe the Columbus line was just a marginal step up from a fully loaded Sabre.
We have had 2 Palomino trailers ourselves. Our first was a 2013 Puma 5th wheel and then our current Sabre.
From what im told, Forest River is handling the warranty/service for the Palomino Sabres as well as the FR Sabres.

Im surprised that no one elses has mentioned this change over on here. Its pretty well known in the Sabre community.....i thought.

Silhouette is like a "light" version of the Sabre. It was a little more basic with less frills and priced a little more competitively but also had fewer models as well.
MillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 12:25 AM   #7
Oklahoma Proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
Yep,after year or two ago, Sabre was transferred to the FR brands, from Palomino.

Remember that there are brands, like Palomino, that FR acquired.
They operate somewhat independently, with separate factories. Palomino's factories are in Michigan, not Indiana.
Both my palomino trailers were built in Indiana. One in 2012 and one in 2014.
Vanguard was purchased by forest river in 2002. After that The sabre and puma factories were built in goshen.
The original factory was in Minnesota and then later moved to Michigan. I don't know if there is a presence in Michigan anymore or not.
Old 01-23-2017, 04:15 PM   #8

Hi everyone,
New to the forum and Forest River. We are looking at the Sabre Lite 25RL at a dealers website. I would like clarification on length and weights. I can't find this model listed anywhere....not Forest River web site not Sabre or the NADA RV site. Then I got worried when I also saw it listed on eBay. Just wondering if they moved it from their line or what. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Djessup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 04:35 PM   #9
Oklahoma Proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djessup View Post
Hi everyone,
New to the forum and Forest River. We are looking at the Sabre Lite 25RL at a dealers website. I would like clarification on length and weights. I can't find this model listed anywhere....not Forest River web site not Sabre or the NADA RV site. Then I got worried when I also saw it listed on eBay. Just wondering if they moved it from their line or what. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Is it palomino or forest river? What year model are you looking at?
Old 01-23-2017, 04:39 PM   #10
Oklahoma Proud

And also, you are talking a 5th wheel right?
Old 01-23-2017, 04:57 PM   #11
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djessup View Post
Hi everyone,
It shows it here.

http://www.rvusa.com/rv-guide/2016-f...e-25rl-tr27727

http://library.rvusa.com/brochure/2016sabrebrochure.pdf
Iwritecode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 06:10 PM   #12

Yep that's it! But that is a dealer site similar to the one I'm looking at. What I was trying to locate was a manufacturer web site. I can only find ads to purchase. If it's this hard to locate information maybe I better skip and move on to the Rockwood. Having a hard time because in Texas everyone wants BIG and I want a small fifth Wheel. Thanks for the help!
Old 01-23-2017, 06:21 PM   #13

Oh I just saw the second link. Perfect! Thanks a bunch!

Tags
dealer, forest river, sabre