Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-10-2014, 12:13 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
NOPE! don't compare the RV industry, to how the Auto industry works, you'll be sadly disappointed.
the only thing that RV dealers and Auto dealers have in common, is that they sell things with wheels and have a service dept.

FR cannot "require" their dealers to do warranty work on units that they didn't sell. dealers know this and often refuse to do the warranty work, even for owners that are on the road.
That is probably true, All I know is that when I developed a water leak when the southern freeze happened I called FR, Within an hour I had two dealers call me back and said just bring the unit in and that will take care of the problem being I was under warranty from FR. I was in Pensacola Fl. They asked me where I was headed. I said Biloxi miss. I had a call from a dealer there and also from a dealer in Pensacola that was not even listed on the internet. I decided to to let it leak til I got home and then my dealer took care of it. I get it back in the morning. When I called them they found a dealer and and they called me to set the appointment. Both even said that they would let me stay in there lot and supply power. It might be a difference if FR calls them then if I do. Both Rv dealers said that they put people traveling at the top of there list.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 02:51 PM   #22

That's awsome gljurczyk. That's they customer service should run. I know there is a price difference when it's warranty work vs a customer paying. I had a major repair on an old unit that was covered by the factor and the dealer said FR set the price they were paid. They felt they should have gotten more, but he wasn't angry at me about it.

I also found an "custom" rv shop that did warranty work. Yea, they did the work, you paid them, and then you have to get reimbursed by the dealer. I don't call that doing warranty work. That's just doing work for a customer!

Good to hear dealers out there will take care of the traveling people. Most of the time we won't be home when we discover an issue with out unit anyway.
2002 EZGO Golf Cart
FandRChambers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 03:26 PM   #23

macshane,
I see two delaers in our area. Stones Camping World and Media Camping Center. I went out of state to purchase our new trailer last year because Stones (20 minutes away) would not give me the time of day when I was ready to purchase. The salesmen acted as if I was a burden and was quick with any answers to me.
I found a dealer about three hours away that was wonderful during the whole purchase.

Of course, I am lucky so far that I have not needed any warranty work.

Good luck!
Are we having fun yet??
tipakajohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 05:36 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by tipakajohn View Post
macshane,
I see two delaers in our area. Stones Camping World and Media Camping Center. I went out of state to purchase our new trailer last year because Stones (20 minutes away) would not give me the time of day when I was ready to purchase. The salesmen acted as if I was a burden and was quick with any answers to me.
I found a dealer about three hours away that was wonderful during the whole purchase.

Of course, I am lucky so far that I have not needed any warranty work.

Good luck!
tipakajohn
I haven't contacted Stones for 2 reasons. I have a friend that bought his pup elsewhere & took it there for service, they took forever & didn't fix it right (actually made it worse). Another bought his 5th wheel from Stones & also had terrible service. Media is the dealer that wouldn't come down any in price & told us they wouldn't service ours if bought elsewhere.
We'll just make one of our camping trips include IN. We'll still be way ahead. (Plus we are Notre Dame fans & will just use this as another reason to visit, lol)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Forest River Forums mobile app
macshane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 09:35 AM   #25

Can anyone give me the number for the warranty division for Windjammers? We are having a lot of trouble with the dealer. Thanks
btevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 09:38 AM   #26
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by btevans View Post
Can anyone give me the number for the warranty division for Windjammers? We are having a lot of trouble with the dealer. Thanks
See if this helps:
https://dealers.forestriverinc.com/D...nformation.pdf

Tags
forest river, warranty