This is interesting from the CDC
What You Should Know about Formaldehyde
What is formaldehyde?
Formaldehyde is a colorless, strong-smelling gas. It is used to make building materials
and household products. Formaldehyde is used to make walls, cabinets, and furniture.
Sources of formaldehyde
Formaldehyde is a common chemical that can be emitted from a number of products in
the home. Smoking, pressed wood, and particle board have all been shown to be sources
of formaldehyde. Higher formaldehyde levels are usually found in newer homes or
homes with new construction. The levels decrease over time.
Formaldehyde levels also
increase with increases in temperature and humidity.
To protect yourself from formaldehyde exposure:
• Do not smoke, and especially do not smoke indoors.
• Open windows as much as possible to let in fresh air.
• Try to keep the temperature inside homes at the lowest comfortable setting.
• Run the air conditioner or dehumidifier to control mold.
• Also, spend as much time outdoors in fresh air as possible. This is especially
important for families with children, elderly people or those with chronic diseases
such as asthma.
To control mold:
• Fix water leaks to help keep mold away.
• Clean away any mold you see or smell with detergent and water.
This is just part of the article interesting that it mentions mold as well........