Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-01-2011, 09:21 AM   #1

Forum function question

Having found no obvious way to do it, can I assume that it is not possible to edit one's own posting for spelling or grammar etc. once it's been posted for more than a few minutes?
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 09:41 AM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

You can for a short period after by hitting edit below your post then after your done hit save
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 09:51 AM   #3
AKA Bluebird

Send a message via Yahoo to dimurrrw
That seems to be the case, though I never noticed that limitation in the past. Seems counterproductive in a situation where you posted a message with a bunch of links and you were trying to update the links. Maybe an administrator could speak to this.

dimurrrw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 09:55 AM   #4
Site Team

As f1100turbo stated, you can edit your post for short while after you originally post it.

FYI, Most forum boards have a setup option for the administrators that allows them to set the time limit for editing posts.....and/or if members can even edit their own posts.

Maybe one of the administrators here will chime in, with the time frame that members have to edit/correct their posts.

EDIT: I took this from the forum FAQ's

Editing and Deleting your Posts Can I edit or delete my posts?
If you have registered and are logged in, you may be able to edit and delete your posts (although the administrator may have turned off this option). Your ability to edit your posts may be time-limited, depending on how the administrator has set up the forum.
To edit or delete your posts, click the Edit button by the particular post. If your post was the first in the thread, then deleting it may remove the entire thread.
Once you've made your modifications, a note may appear to inform other users that you have edited your post.
If the edit time and date appear as a link you can click on this to see the differences between the original and edited versions, or between edits if there have been multiple edits.

Can others edit my posts?
Administrators and moderators may also edit your messages. If they do, there may not be a note telling other users that the post was modified.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 11:26 AM   #5

Thanks... when I noticed that a 5-minute-old post of mine was missing an "Edit" button (even though it had not been replied to) I figured editing was no longer allowed. I can understand disallowing an edit of a post that's been replied to but I can't see the value of putting time limits on others. Oh, well...
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote