Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2015, 04:05 PM   #41
Senior Member
 
panthercity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 212
Hi! The Lone Arranger here. After several months of stalling and flat out lies, Forest River took over the ball from our worthless dealer. Problem solved the NEXT day by FR.
__________________

__________________
Certified JB Welder. Certified 3M Duct Tape installer.
Certified Farmer's Co-Op bailing wire expert. Graduate of the "Rock on the side of the Trail as a Hammer" school of motorcycle repair.
Getting old is just a matter of narrowly missing all the things that kill you.
panthercity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 04:33 PM   #42
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: West Virgina
Posts: 165
our 2015 FR surveyor 5th wheel also had the manual access whole in the wrong place, on both sides so our dealer had them send the correct fenders for replacing what was on there. they also had to replace the oven door, and some other issues found in our final walk thru. it took several tries to get everything fixed but as of right we are fixed and have enjoyed the camper.the only thing that I question (and I've addressed this in the FR avener TT we had before we traded up to our 5th wheel, is that the light switch to the over head lights in the bedroom are all the way across the room from the door, which means we have to stumble across the room and up onto the raised bed floor area to turn the light on. the bedroom door from the hallway is a slider, but the wall in hallway wood be a perfect place to put the overhead light switch, especially since all the electric lines for all the switches and dump station switches are there any way. go figure
__________________

__________________
ValMelton is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 04:47 PM   #43
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 132
My 2015 Vibe 268RKS doesn't even have a hole through the skirt for the manual crank. I guess that's better than having one in the wrong place since I just have to drill one, not fill one.

Also, it looks like you might have the same problem as I do with the door being too close to the awning arm. If the awning is out, I can't open my door all the way since it hits the arm. That's not a QC issue, that's a design issue.

I think the reason we don't get the same quality as we do in our cars is because we don't have overseas RV makers pushing the cost/quality envelope like we did for autos "back in the day". From my (admittedly limited) understanding, the RV manufacturers can pretty much sell these as fast as the make them so where is their incentive to improve?
__________________
2015 268RKS Vibe Xtreme Lite
2012 F-150 EcoSCREW Max Tow
tmhudg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 10:29 AM   #44
Member
 
wz3mo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Missouri
Posts: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmhudg View Post
My 2015 Vibe 268RKS doesn't even have a hole through the skirt for the manual crank. I guess that's better than having one in the wrong place since I just have to drill one, not fill one.

Also, it looks like you might have the same problem as I do with the door being too close to the awning arm. If the awning is out, I can't open my door all the way since it hits the arm. That's not a QC issue, that's a design issue.

I think the reason we don't get the same quality as we do in our cars is because we don't have overseas RV makers pushing the cost/quality envelope like we did for autos "back in the day". From my (admittedly limited) understanding, the RV manufacturers can pretty much sell these as fast as the make them so where is their incentive to improve?
Yes my awning doesn't allow the door to open all the way when deployed. I don't understand why they just couldn't mount the awning over a couple inches, that's all it would have taken.
__________________
wz3mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 12:01 PM   #45
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 132
The awning can't be shifted over any more because it would hit the outside kitchen hatch door. The only solution is a bigger awning - and more money.
__________________
2015 268RKS Vibe Xtreme Lite
2012 F-150 EcoSCREW Max Tow
tmhudg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 12:20 PM   #46
Canadian Member
 
itat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Eastern GTA, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 2,899
If your door cannot be opened and secured to the trailer wall because of the position of the awning arm, hopefully FR provided a strut on the door to prevent the door from hitting the awning arm. If they didn't, I recommend that you add the strut.
__________________
2011 Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8293SS, 12K Equal-i-zer WDH
2016 Ford F-250 XLT SuperCrew, 6.2L, 4x4, 6'9" bed, 3.73, w/ snow plow & camper pkgs.
2010 Rockwood Roo 23SS (2012 - 2014)
2009 Ford F-150 XLT SuperCrew, 5.4L, 5'6" bed (2012 - 2016)

itat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 12:52 PM   #47
Member
 
RETCHIEF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: O'Fallon, IL
Posts: 93
FR never ceases to amaze me

A good friend of mine said "You will always get what you accept." I am an old grump and stand up for quality. When you pay for "X", you should get "X", not "X"-1. Campers, cars, or breadbaskets, it shouldn't matter. We haven't lost our right to quality, we gave it away and get what we will accept. End of rant.
__________________
Stu and Debbie
USAF CMSgt (RET)
2014 FR Super lite 27
2015 Ram Big Horn
RETCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 08:19 PM   #48
Junior Member
 
Tater70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 17
Is it possible to switch it out with the other side?
__________________
Tater70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 10:14 AM   #49
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by RETCHIEF View Post
A good friend of mine said "You will always get what you accept." I am an old grump and stand up for quality. When you pay for "X", you should get "X", not "X"-1. Campers, cars, or breadbaskets, it shouldn't matter. We haven't lost our right to quality, we gave it away and get what we will accept. End of rant.

That's fine to say but how exactly do you "stand up for quality"? If you refuse to buy an RV with poor QC/design, you are essentially not going to be able to buy an RV. But step aside because there is somebody right behind you who will - i. e. Pretty much everyone here.
__________________
2015 268RKS Vibe Xtreme Lite
2012 F-150 EcoSCREW Max Tow
tmhudg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 10:15 AM   #50
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tater70 View Post
Is it possible to switch it out with the other side?

I don't understand the question.
__________________

__________________
2015 268RKS Vibe Xtreme Lite
2012 F-150 EcoSCREW Max Tow
tmhudg is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:40 PM.