Old 04-03-2013, 04:20 PM   #1
Free Camping???

We bought an rv from rvwholesalers in lakeview ohio in march. We received a certificate for 30 days free camping at certain camp areas. Supposedly all you have to do is visit...get a meal, etc. Just there anyone out there who has come upon the same sorta deal and how has it turned out......just seems like the old adage...."if it sounds too good to be true........."

Valerie56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 04:28 PM   #2
We recieved"free" camping nights at various local campgrounds when we purchased our last camper. We've used a few of them and thought that it was a good deal.

2012 Crusader 320RLT
2011 F250 Lariat 6.7L
2016 (19 Nights Camped/1348 Miles)
2015 (38 Nights Camped/3560 Miles)
2014 (28 Nights Camped/1980 Miles)
2013 (30 Nights Camped/1411 Miles)
WEMig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 04:39 PM   #3
We got the same offer at the Cleveland RV show. They want you to buy a big package deal. The free nights are only certain days of the week and can only use a certain amt at one time. We passed!
TV: 2011 Dodge Ram 2500 Big Horn CTD
RV: 2013 Palomino Sabre 34TBOK
Scott1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 04:48 PM   #4
My sister and BIL bought from them and they are very happy with the TT. They received the free camping and were presented with one of those CG packages. My BIL wanted it and my sister didn't. She couldn't convince him not to buy, and now after trying to use it at a few CG's he is sorry he bought it. Use the camping, don't fall for the package.
Len & Cheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 04:54 PM   #5
We received a free year at Thousand Trails when we bought our class c and greatly enjoyed very inexpensive camping After that, the cost far exceeded the benefits for us and we declined to continue. With our recent purchase, we have received free nights, BOGO, and discounts at various parks with various "fine print" and we are maximizing them while we can. It almost sounds like you are touring a cg "timeshare" type of product. Check it out, maybe worthwhile, maybe not.....
clancythecamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 05:08 PM   #6
"On the road again"
Send a message via AIM to rjshiflet
My in-laws got suckered into one of those membership deals...just a dollar a day ($365 a year) and you get all these free perks at all of their campgrounds. Problem is...shortly after making the purchase, my father-in-law had a stroke and was no longer able to drive.

I pulled their 5th wheel down to the nearest campground (about an hour from home) several times so they could enjoy camping. But, when they decided they wanted out there was a HUGE battle with the company.

Finally they were given an option to "buy out" of the program - and I believe it cost them almost a thousand bucks to get out.

Robert & Estha Shiflet
'12 Columbus 320RS - 2015 Ford F-350 King Ranch & 2010 Ford F-250 King Ranch
Nights Camping 2012 & 2013 & 2014 & 2015: 458 ~ Nights Camping 2016: 95 So Far
rjshiflet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 05:22 PM   #7
I signed up for the tour about a year ago and never went. They had us signed up for Wally World resort in loudonville ohio. The week of the tour for the free camping, my son got pretty sick and ended up in the PICU. I called the company doing the tour and said that I would be able to attend but my wife couldn't because of my sons illness. They threw a fit and wouldn't let me do the tour since it was supposed to be me wife and I. I got super pissed off at them and told them if they were a family oriented CG that they would understand family problems that come up. I never rescheduled and the did do a follow up call about 2 months later to see if I were still interested in their CG. Needless to say No! I kinda smirk every time I pass that CG to the other ones I frequent in the Mohican Area. I'm glad I passed on that one.
2016 Forester 3171DS Class C Motorhome
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport - Toad
1993 Mustang 5.0 Notch 5-speed
Chewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 05:23 PM   #8
We had the "free" nights of camping offer also & were told to select 1of 3 CG choices at the time of our 5er purchase. We never went through with it after our purchase. The CG people were calling / hassling us nonstop & we started ignoring their many calls. They talked about having to come on a certain day for a "tour" & they seemed more like an annoying telemarketing scam (sorry to offend anyone's job). I'm glad we did not follow through!
Campingwith2kids2dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 05:26 PM   #9
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
pass !
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 05:32 PM   #10
We got 1 yr membership to thousand trails with our new Catalina going to use first of 30 free nights Mother's Day weekend at bear cave in Buchanan michigan

mshell56118 is offline   Reply With Quote