Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-13-2009, 04:59 PM   #1

Free Coach-Net for 1st year paid by FR?

I haven't come across anyone else mentioning it, but I noticed reading through the Forest River manual that all new FR products come with 1-year of emergency road service through Coach-Net. Has anyone taken advantage of that?

We had already signed up with Good Sam ERS, so I guess I have a back up...

Days camped in 2009: 6
Days camped in 2010: 4
cwarren78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 05:10 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwarren78 View Post
I haven't come across anyone else mentioning it, but I noticed reading through the Forest River manual that all new FR products come with 1-year of emergency road service through Coach-Net. Has anyone taken advantage of that?

We had already signed up with Good Sam ERS, so I guess I have a back up...

Yes, it is included in the purchase price of the product.
milzat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 05:33 PM   #3

I got my cards in the mail about 2-3 months after I bought it.
1996 Impala SS 1972 Chevelle SS
donjuanss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 06:21 PM   #4
Grape Escape

You can renew after 1st yr freebee. I believe cost apprx 100$ a yr. Much cheaper than auto clubs and they will tow and provide roadside assist. to all vehicles in your household. Have not had to call yet but price is reasonable considering all vehicles are covered.
44 for 2011, 38 for 2012, 35 for 2013, 51 for 2014
dezolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 06:41 PM   #5

Thumbs up

We received our membership card about two months after we picked up our new MH. We already had Good Sams from the MH we traded in. I think we are going to keep coach-net and let GS expire.

2009 Georgetown 370XL
The Z Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 07:28 PM   #6
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Never received any information about Coach-Net other than what I printed from FR Website. No cards, no pamphlet, and no information at all. The dealership didn't say anything about it. We went with Good Sam ERS and they have been great. My daughter had an accident where her car was blocking traffic. She called ERS and they couldn't get a truck there immediately. The lady apoligized and gave her the address of where to send the bill. The police called another tow truck and GS reimbursed us for the total amount of the bill. Can't beat that. They cover every vehicle in my household as well.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 08:14 PM   #7

Yes, I got my cards in the mail! There service is fantastic. I had what thought was a bad battery and their techs walked me through several different things to validate it was the battery and it was not. They called around and found me a ford dealer who serviced RVs and that is were I took it. It turned out that it was not a ford problem but a FR problem so off to the rv dealer and it was a bad wire in the seat causing my battery to drain. Fixed no charge. I got a flat in the inside rear tire and fixed and on my way. I have researched them on rv forum and compared to GS, coach.net wins hands down. Do your research and see! I plan on buying their service for many years to come.
Old 04-14-2009, 08:24 PM   #8

With my camper being an 06, I am behind the times. We received our paper work about two months after we had the camper, but never needed it. I am with AAA and we have the RV package.
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 06:40 AM   #9
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorty View Post
Yes, I got my cards in the mail! There service is fantastic. I had what thought was a bad battery and their techs walked me through several different things to validate it was the battery and it was not. They called around and found me a ford dealer who serviced RVs and that is were I took it. It turned out that it was not a ford problem but a FR problem so off to the rv dealer and it was a bad wire in the seat causing my battery to drain. Fixed no charge. I got a flat in the inside rear tire and fixed and on my way. I have researched them on rv forum and compared to GS, coach.net wins hands down. Do your research and see! I plan on buying their service for many years to come.
It sure would have been nice to actually had received the cards when we first purchased the motorhome but as I said, we didn't know a thing about it so I basically paid for coverage with Good Sam ERS that I should have had for free through Coach-Net. I guess this is another thing Boat N RV didn't do during our pick up of the unit! Maybe the cards are still in the mail system. I never received the Slide-out Trim Recall Notice from FR. I even checked with Mike Burns and he said it was sent out, never received it. It was also sent to Boat N RV and they should have contacted us as well, never happened. If it had not been for the posting in FRF I would have never known about the recall either.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 08:33 PM   #10
ben

i got my cards about 2 months after purchace and i just got the reup notice for it but it did not have a price for the service. if it is as good as everyone says i think that i will keep it. for 100 dollars, that is real reasonable. and that takes care of all vehicles in the home ? is that true?
jcarr56506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 09:02 PM   #11

When our TT was wrecked about a year and a half ago, we had to spend the night in a hotel and eat our evening meal in a restaurant. Coach Net paid for the hotel and meal expense. Another nice feature Coach Net offers in addition to emergency road service.
Momma Tac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 10:09 PM   #12
The Jolly Mon

Send a message via Yahoo to NDJollyMon
I too, had coverage under purchase. I liked Coach Net services. I've also used GS ERS with success. Currently, I don't tow the trailer around...but have gotten ERS from my cell phone company Verizon for $5 per month.

2018 Wildwood Grand Lodge 42 DLTS
-Seasonal Space, Northern MN.
-2017 Sylvan 8522 LZ LES/115 Merc/Sea Legs
NDJollyMon is offline   Reply With Quote