Old 12-20-2014, 09:30 AM   #1
Free standing dinette vs booth

Wife and I are looking ahead to our next travel trailer. We've narrowed it down to half a dozen models/floorplans that we want to check out in person. When I look at dealer inventory online, it seems all the dealers really like to order their stock units with a free standing dinette vs the booth. I get the 'residential' feel of the dinette, but no way would I want to give up the storage of the booth... am I missing something here?

all this means is I would need to order the unit I wanted and wait, which is not a problem, just wondering why the trend is so popular

oh yeah and thanks a lot ! I never even considered a fireplace until I read thru the thread on them, and now its a MUST HAVE... lol.

steveh326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 10:00 AM   #2
It leaves a space in the floor plan that you can decide what to do to. You can remove the table and chairs and put what you want there also if you have a partner with a disability the booth can be something that they can't use. People without kids don't need the extra sleeping space and the storage space that's under the booth seats I can't get much in there anyway. In our case 2 chairs and a small table would be enough. We have the booth in ours but rarely use it we usually put 2 small tables in front of our recliners because my wife is disabled and can't use the booth. Our Booth table is removable so we usually use it as a place to eat outside.

Think about things before you do them make life easier not harder.
mark0224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 10:41 AM   #3
I think dealers order the booth dinette over the free standing table/chairs to offer buyers the option of sleeping more people. I slept on the dinette of our previous TT and it wasn't very comfortable, too short and the cushions didn't offer enough cush factor. IMHO the dinette chairs are more comfortable that the booth benches, the back of the booth benches are usually at a 90 degree angle to the seat. Plus you have the flexibility of using the free standing chairs elsewhere like if you have people over and it's raining outside. The seats of our chairs are hinged to offer a little storage.
2013 Palomino Sabre 34REQS-6

Link to pics:
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 01:24 PM   #4
I now have the table & chairs set up.
I would not go back to a boot, and said earlier, it's just me and my wife, so the storage thing is not a big deal.
The comfort of the chairs over the booth is not comparable...backrest on a booth is giving me a sore back...I'm 6.2'
2014 Ford F250 Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 tuxedo black
2015 Rockwood Signature 8310SS Diamond Edition
Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 01:33 PM   #5
We also prefer the table/chairs set up

We took out two chairs and made room for our camping companion dog crate - our lab does not have run of the place when we are gone from home nor the camper for any length of time

He is only two so not trusted yet 😉
heavynlori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 02:12 PM   #6
Being on our second trailer, we have now experienced both versions. We definitely prefer the freestanding vs the booth. As Heavynlori said, removing the 2 extra chairs, allows for other things. We bring our cat and we put the litter box there. It just works better for us. Jerry.
2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD, Duramax 2WD CC/SB
2013 Cardinal 3030RS full body paint
B&W Companion slider, air bags, EFI Live Custom tuning by So Cal Diesel
Jerry01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 02:16 PM   #7
Our second rig was first with table - first one had booth

It allowed us to remove the stupid short couch and put a full sized jacknife sofa in its place

You cannot do things like that when the booth is built in
heavynlori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 02:30 PM   #8
We very much prefer table And chairs with the atrium windows.
rlocicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 02:57 PM   #9
I am going to be different and prefer a booth. The reason why I think there are fewer booths they cost more to build. I have seen a booth as an option for a additional cost. I like a booth because I think they are more comfortable and useful. This is my own personal opinion but I can see I am of the the few with this opinion.
Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 03:04 PM   #10
I preferred the booth in our TT because is was a place to install the central vac. system.

Terry and Janet
2008 3001W Windjammer
2007 Ford F150
caper is offline   Reply With Quote