Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-23-2018, 06:42 AM   #1

Fresh Cab Works

This off season allowed the perfect chance for me to to evaluate the efficacy of Fresh Cab. As many of you Fresh Cab fans know, Fresh Cab was not available for several months last year and many of you were left to choose an alternative method of keeping mice out of your RV through the cold season. I was lucky to have an entire case on hand, so the interruption in product availability didn’t apply to me.

My RV is kept at a seasonal site in the woods, as are many others at my campground. There are RVs left there on all of the sites surrounding me through the off season. All of the people who know me at the campground know that I use Fresh Cab and most of them tried to find some last year after hearing of my success with it over the years — some had already been using it in the past with the same good results that I have had.

This past off season, I was the only person in my group of neighbors who had any Fresh Cab, but I didn’t have enough to share. My neighbors all used their various alternative methods, including moth balls, essential oils, electronic devices, Fresh Cab knock-offs, etc.

Over the past few weeks, my neighbors have been trickling in to the campground to open-up their RVs for the season, and every single one of them has been devastated by mice — all of them — some of my neighbors were in tears because of the damage done to their RVs by mice and the putrid smell of their urine and decomposing bodies. It’s a real shame.

I had no mice problems, whatsoever. None, — and I am smack-dab in the middle of all of the neighbors I mentioned, but I am the only person who used Fresh Cab. You may say I was just lucky or that my RV must not have any places for mice to get in, but I would have to disagree. Every RV has plenty of places for mice to enter, no matter how “tight” you may think it is.

Fresh Cab is back on the shelves and I am going to stock up in case it becomes unavailable again this year.

Bruce
Old 04-23-2018, 08:34 AM   #2

I would second that. We had a mouse problem 3 years ago, no major damage but still annoying and gross. We tried Fresh Cab the next winter and had no issues. I loaded up and again this year no issues. I don't know about those campers around me but our RV has been rodent free since using Fresh Cab.
We just got a new fifth wheel and you can bet we will keep Fresh Cab in it. We leave it in year round since we both like the smell of it.
2017 Ford F350 Crewcab Dually Diesel
Officially homeless and loving it.
Ham Callsign K9NDY
Indymule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 07:39 PM   #3

Where can you buy it ?
modaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 07:40 PM   #4
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

John Deere dealer.
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 07:56 PM   #5

Thanks
modaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 07:59 PM   #6

I just looked because I want to stock up for next fall, too.

I saw it was available on Amazon, eBay, Walmart, Grange Co-op so my choices are not limited, YMMV.
RobertDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 10:43 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad297 View Post
This off season allowed the perfect chance for me to to evaluate the efficacy of Fresh Cab. As many of you Fresh Cab fans know, Fresh Cab was not available for several months last year and many of you were left to choose an alternative method of keeping mice out of your RV through the cold season. I was lucky to have an entire case on hand, so the interruption in product availability didn’t apply to me.

My RV is kept at a seasonal site in the woods, as are many others at my campground. There are RVs left there on all of the sites surrounding me through the off season. All of the people who know me at the campground know that I use Fresh Cab and most of them tried to find some last year after hearing of my success with it over the years — some had already been using it in the past with the same good results that I have had.

This past off season, I was the only person in my group of neighbors who had any Fresh Cab, but I didn’t have enough to share. My neighbors all used their various alternative methods, including moth balls, essential oils, electronic devices, Fresh Cab knock-offs, etc.

Over the past few weeks, my neighbors have been trickling in to the campground to open-up their RVs for the season, and every single one of them has been devastated by mice — all of them — some of my neighbors were in tears because of the damage done to their RVs by mice and the putrid smell of their urine and decomposing bodies. It’s a real shame.

I had no mice problems, whatsoever. None, — and I am smack-dab in the middle of all of the neighbors I mentioned, but I am the only person who used Fresh Cab. You may say I was just lucky or that my RV must not have any places for mice to get in, but I would have to disagree. Every RV has plenty of places for mice to enter, no matter how “tight” you may think it is.

Fresh Cab is back on the shelves and I am going to stock up in case it becomes unavailable again this year.

Bruce
Glad it worked for you. Didn't work for me
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180423_151449.jpeg
Views:	155
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	169398
Old 04-24-2018, 03:55 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by PamJohnZephyr View Post
Glad it worked for you. Didn't work for me
Attachment 169398
What is this a picture of? Did mice chew a hole through the Coroplast to get in?

Bruce
Old 04-24-2018, 04:06 AM   #9

I will add that last year, one of my neighbors who used Fresh Cab found it ironic that mice had chewed a hole through the Coroplast to enter their RV and had actually eaten, or, at least, chewed open the Fresh Cab pouches. They later found out that the perpetrators were chipmunks, not mice.

Bruce
Old 04-24-2018, 04:51 AM   #10

I didn’t hear over the past few years that chipmunks have bee bad with Rv’s the other thing that I use and swear by is mouse-free we had our last rig sprayed when we got it and it neeeed to be resprayed because they must have let the new guy do it or something it but after having it resprayed properly we never had an issue actually go a few of my friends to do it also and they loved it. The guy that is spraying mine just went up in price though he’s now charging $20 to come out and $12 a sprayed foot
Junior11478 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 11:53 AM   #11

Just received my order of Fresh Cab for this season. It has worked for three years with replacing the pouches once a year.

2016 F250 2WD CC SB XLT 6.2 3,295 lb payload cap.
2014 Salem Hemisphere 282RK 8k lbs loaded, Equal-i-zer WDH, TST 507 TPMS
2021: 35 nights already booked so far
Teamfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 12:03 PM   #12
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad297 View Post
I will add that last year, one of my neighbors who used Fresh Cab found it ironic that mice had chewed a hole through the Coroplast to enter their RV and had actually eaten, or, at least, chewed open the Fresh Cab pouches. They later found out that the perpetrators were chipmunks, not mice.

Bruce
I had that same problem.
Chewed a hole in the Fresh Cab bag and appeared to munch on the contents.
We then found a nest made of some of the other bags.

I don't know what chipmunk poop looks like but all around the bag was what looked like mouse poop.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 01:18 PM   #13
Just as confused as you

The reason why Fresh Cab was in short supply last fall is the company that makes it is a family farm and they stopped production and took it off the market because the EPA was giving them crap, even though the product is completely natural. The base ingredient of the product is ground-up corn cobs. The family had placed a explanation on their blog. https://www.earthkind.com/blog/happened-fresh-cab/
Their blog last fall gave a more detailed explanation.

Now with the EPA satisfied maybe there will not be another supply shortage. The demand for the product was so great the stock that was in the stores was sold out.

You can buy from their site here. https://www.earthkind.com/fresh-cab/
Camping since 1989, Seasonal since 2000.
Car Shredder Op/Tech, Scrap Metal Recycling - retired
Scrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 04:22 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by modaholic View Post
Where can you buy it ?
Tractor Supply.

The world is a great book, of which those who never stir from home
read only a page. - St. Augustine
mjones12 is offline   Reply With Quote