Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-15-2016, 04:18 PM   #1

Fridge

I have seen questions about someone's refrigerator not running correctly or at all and the question is usually posed is the trailer level. My question is I also see people that ask about running down the road with the refrigerator on propane and most people I have read about say yes I do it. So my final question running down the road the refrigerator must not be level sometimes so how is the refrigerator rinning then? I'm sorry if this sounds stupid but it's just one of those things I started wondering about thank you very much.
Spanko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 04:26 PM   #2
Site Team

The deal with it being level when parked is that the slant of the refrigerant plumbing is close to level, and the fridge uses gravity as the motive force for the refrigerant, if the fridge is enough off level that some of the tubing is level or at a reverse slant a chemical in the refrigerant will back up and plug the tubing, therefore stopping the fridge from running.

The reason that's not a concern when traveling, is that the fridge will be moving from side to side and back and forth so the refrigerant is in constant motion and there's no danger of it pooling in the lines.
Old 10-15-2016, 04:43 PM   #3

So I should not hook the TV up to the trailer the night before and leave the fridge runnig on shore power with the trailer oit oe level? This would be for about 10 hours.
Old 10-15-2016, 04:59 PM   #4
Site Team

It depends on how out of level the RV is. If it's level enough to comfortably walk around in, it's close enough.
Old 10-15-2016, 05:17 PM   #5

Thanx man for thr information and prompt response. Front to back almost perfect, side to side maybe 1.5 " drop over width. Sounds like it should be okay.
Old 10-15-2016, 05:18 PM   #6

Also the check light is not on so...........
Old 10-15-2016, 06:44 PM   #7
Site Team

1½" over 8' won't be enough to worry about.

The check light just means that it tried to light on propane and failed.

Tags
fridge