Closed Thread
Old 09-16-2015, 03:40 PM   #31
RV Vagabond Jerry
Originally Posted by Rockwoodjoe View Post
It is illegal to enter Mexico with a gun. (Unless your a drug dealer and paying off the local law enforcement.) No way I want to spend 10 minutes in a Mexico jail.
Never take guns into Mexico without a hunting permit. You can keep them in a California gun store for a $30 fee.

Jerry Dixon is offline   Reply
Old 09-16-2015, 03:40 PM   #32
FROG Rally in Mexico

We are from Ontario and find this location to be a bit far for a FROG rally also the cost of insurance to bring our RV into Mexico is too much to consider any rally there. As far as feeling safe in Mexico or any place for that matter, it all depends on where and when you go. We winter in the Rio Grande Valley in Southern Texas and go to Nuevo Progreso, Mx, on a bi-weekly basis. The locals treat us great and we feel perfectly safe. Can't beat the food, prices and fun. Whatever is decided, we are sure everyone will have a good time. We're RVers after all. Have a rally up North in the summer and we'll show you our Canadian hospitality and a really good time.

Marcel & Jenne
Kemptville, ON
2014 Rockwood 8282WS
2015 Ford F150 Eco-Boost
BusyRetirees is offline   Reply
Old 09-16-2015, 05:45 PM   #33
Originally Posted by Oakman View Post
I have to wonder how many of those who think Mexico is so unsafe have actually been to Mexico. The news media blows any and every situation way out of proportion. Remember the Ferguson riots? During our travels last year we actually met people who cancelled trips to St. Louis because of the rioting that had taken place. The rioting in Ferguson actually happened within just a few square blocks in Ferguson and in St. Louis there was little more than demonstrations that got out of hand. RVers actually posted questions on wondering if it was safe to drive through St. Louis using the Interstate Highway system. I found it all very amusing.
In my opinion we have become a country of “scaredy cats” as evident by all the CCW permits folks have.
Did anyone here follow the BLOG of Tioga and George? Here’s a frail old man traveling alone in Mexico in a Class C and he rarely stayed in RV parks choosing instead to park in empty lots or on beaches. If Mexico was a dangerous as everyone seems to think it is he would have been killed in his first year. His BLOG followers were always telling him it was too dangerous and he should return to the U.S. Of course his BLOG followers were basing their warnings not on personal experience but merely news reports. It was his one-vehicle accident that totaled his Class C that finally brought him back to the U.S.

Well said, Oakman. What I saw in this thread were gross generalities.

I've read of quite a few RVer reports of going into Mexico with nary a bad reference in them.

I'd possibly be interested if the timing worked out AND if my family actually got off their duff and bought passports. Gets expensive quick for a family of 4.
2013 Sabre 36QBOK pulled by a 2012 Ram 3500 DRW
Blogs: Learn to RV & Personal Fulltiming Adventure
Towing Calculators: Towing Planner
ependydad is offline   Reply
Old 09-16-2015, 06:20 PM   #34
Frogs in Mexico

I just pulled this up from the State Department. I love Mexico but it's not really a good time to be there.

Mexico Travel Warning
We Travel Not To Escape Life But For Life To Not Escape Us

2012 Prime Time 230FBS Tracer
PhilB is offline   Reply
Old 09-16-2015, 06:33 PM   #35
Georgia Frog Rally 2017
Originally Posted by grumpy0374 View Post
With all the thousands of places to see and experiance here in the USA, why in the world would you want to have an event in a country that basically hates us, and all the while their citizens are trying to come HERE!!!
Agree. as said also more to dee and do here in the good old USA Later RJD
2015 35 FT V-Lite 30WRLIKS Diamond Package
2015 Chevy 2500 6.0 4:10 gearing.
Days camped in 2015--46
Days booked for 2016--60
Days camped in 2016 so far 51
aceinspp is offline   Reply
Old 09-16-2015, 06:38 PM   #36
PhilB, can't wait to read the replies on this one.

2016 Silverado Dually
2016 Cedar Creek Champagne 38el
Total Bliss is offline   Reply
Old 09-16-2015, 06:40 PM   #37
There is a lot of places that I would like to go and I have been to right many countries that I like, being in the Army for 22 years I got to see right many. I can think of one that I don't want to see again, but I don't ever plan to see Mexico. Everyone is different, there is a lot in the 49 states that I want to see.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
2015 Cedar Creek 32RL
2012 Silverado 3500HD SRW
spock123 is online now   Reply
Old 09-16-2015, 07:06 PM   #38
South of the Boarder

If you are talking of Baha, it is much safer then the mainline side. We Sailed in Mexico 6 months of the year from 1997 thru 2004 and loved it and the people. Things have definitely changed but I know of folks that RV there. My wife is very hesitent to go back, I would love to take our trailer "Tug Boat" down to the Baha side, probably San Felipe as we have friends that have a home there.
Burk is offline   Reply
Old 09-16-2015, 08:55 PM   #39
Back in July I traveled into Mexico daily from Cali for 3 days, going thru border crossing in Tiajuana and down thru Tecate. I was driven daily by a security contractor from the California side till final destination inside a gated facility. I personally never had a bad experience but still felt a little unsettled during the drive, even while being inside a armored vehicle. Just my 2 cents.

2015 Rockwood Mini Lite 2504s
2015 Toyota Tundra Crewmax
Equal-i-zer hitch
Nights camped 2014 - 6
Nights camped 2015 - 20
AFitz is offline   Reply
Old 09-16-2015, 09:58 PM   #40
I was recently briefed by a Border Patrol Agent who told me that a NEXUS card works a lot better than even a Passport to travel to and from Canada, Mexico, and most of the Amarica's. He said it even will help speed you thru Homeland Security checks during domestic flights. And he said the best thing is the cost is only $60 compared to the cost of a Passport.

Of course this was one agents opinoin so please check into it before making any decisions.

In Michigan and I believe other border states we have the option of getting an Enhanced drivers license which allows us to reenter the US from Canada and Mexico if traveling by a vehicle.

bop11 is offline   Reply
Closed Thread