Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-13-2015, 02:51 PM   #1
TigerPride

Front cap issues

A little help, I remember reading a while back about rockwood ss fifth wheels having issues with front cap bowing in on top. Well mine is almost a year old and it is doing it to. Was just wondering if anyone could share the results of those earlier posts. been searching and can't find them. Stopped at my dealer and of course they have never heard of this problem.
Thanks in advance
cajunrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 08:02 PM   #2

My front cap is doing the same thing. Our dealer sent pictures off to Forest River to see if they would replace the cap. We haven't heard back from FR yet. Maybe a call to FR this week will wake them up from their winter sleep.
kcjoe1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 08:05 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcjoe1 View Post
My front cap is doing the same thing. Our dealer sent pictures off to Forest River to see if they would replace the cap. We haven't heard back from FR yet. Maybe a call to FR this week will wake them up from their winter sleep.
Was just through FR land today. NO sleeping going on there! Units stacked up for transport like I've never seen! Lol. Hope they square you away with the caps!
Old 03-19-2015, 09:04 PM   #4
TigerPride

I have talked with Roger that handles FR warranties and he said ours would be taken care of but was disappointed at the rest of our conversation. He says that they know about the front cap issues and only fixes them a costumers request. They have no plans to simply ad foam support behind them at the factory to stop this. He says not every rockwood/flagstaff are doing this. I then asked are not all the campers doing this or not all the owners or reporting this. Mine happened so soon I was second guessing myself that maybe that's how it was designed until I went back to dealer and seen the new ones on the lot. With all that I have said he was very helpful and appreciate the time he spent with me on the phone. He did not rush me and actually listen to the things I was saying. Every now and then we we find good people out there
cajunrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 09:12 PM   #5
Site Team

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunrvr View Post
A little help, I remember reading a while back about rockwood ss fifth wheels having issues with front cap bowing in on top. Well mine is almost a year old and it is doing it to. Was just wondering if anyone could share the results of those earlier posts. been searching and can't find them. Stopped at my dealer and of course they have never heard of this problem.
Thanks in advance
maybe this thread?
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...nts-63448.html

The forums google search works good, upper right on this page. Just type in some key words.

Zelda the campin dog
Platokidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 10:28 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunrvr View Post
I have talked with Roger that handles FR warranties and he said ours would be taken care of but was disappointed at the rest of our conversation. He says that they know about the front cap issues and only fixes them a costumers request. They have no plans to simply ad foam support behind them at the factory to stop this. He says not every rockwood/flagstaff are doing this. I then asked are not all the campers doing this or not all the owners or reporting this. Mine happened so soon I was second guessing myself that maybe that's how it was designed until I went back to dealer and seen the new ones on the lot. With all that I have said he was very helpful and appreciate the time he spent with me on the phone. He did not rush me and actually listen to the things I was saying. Every now and then we we find good people out there
Roger Beiler is very good to deal with!

There are many, many good folks in FR, and they are way more customer service oriented than folks believe.
Old 03-20-2015, 02:23 PM   #7

I talked with Roger Beiler and he looked up my folder and said that there were no pictures of my 5er front cap or any information about me issue. MMMMM Called up the dealer (the repair guy) and he said that mmmmm they should have been sent out by the office person. MMMMM He's going to check on that and get back to me. My 5er looks like the one that Platokidd posted. It's not pretty. Hopefully I can get something done about it now.
kcjoe1 is offline   Reply With Quote