Old 06-23-2013, 11:15 AM   #1

Front Landing Gear Issues

We just took delivery of a brand new Wildcat Maxx 322RK 5th wheel. The trailer came with a Lippert LCI touch screen remote control. Before I was even able to take the trailer out on its first trip, the remote for the font landing gear stopped working. I also kept blowing the 30 amp in-line fuse to the landing gear motor. I was able to stop blowing the fuse by making sure the trailer was not plugged into shore power before operating the landing gear. Now, the LCI remote will not operate the front landing gear. It does operate all of the other components normally though including the back jacks, slides and lights. Is there additional fuses that I need to be looking for that might also have blown? I discussed it with the dealership and they said they are not familiar with the Lippert wireless remotes and will have to talk to the manufacture about it. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Old 06-23-2013, 11:22 AM   #2
Campfire Master

Welcome! Glad you're here and congrats on the new Wildcat. I'm not familiar with your system, the only suggestion I can offer is to make sure the battery is fully charged.

John

Old 06-23-2013, 09:16 PM   #3

I have the same Lippert touch screen system on my 2013 Sandpiper. My remote screen stopped working altogether after about three months. My dealer had to order a new one from Lippert. It took them about two hours to program it to my RV. So far it is working good. Good luck on getting your issue resolved and enjoy your new RV.
Old 06-24-2013, 11:03 AM   #4

Thanks, Our short shake down run revealed several issues that caused us to have to cut the trip short. The dealership got on the problems and resolved all of them except the front landing gear remote issue. I still think there is a voltage issue because I cannot operate them while the trailer is plugged into shore power (110 at home, 30 amp at the camp site.). The dealership did install a battery cut off switch so the batteries can be turned off while in storage, maybe that is what is causing the Landing Gear Issue.
Old 06-24-2013, 09:27 PM   #5

Your landing gear issue is different than ours which was the remote only that shorted out for lack of a better term. I also put a battery cut off switch in. We had a KZ before and I looked all over the Sandpiper and had a hard time believing they did not put one in. We have had several problems with ours but finally seem to be getting the bugs worked out. Hopefully you get everything worked out soon so you can have worry free camping.
Old 06-24-2013, 09:40 PM   #6

Have you tried checking the circuit breakers near the battery? There may be one in the kind pin area too.
Old 06-25-2013, 10:45 AM   #7

I found two in-line fuses, one was a 30 amp that was blown, then there was a 10 amp which was good. I have an appointment to bring the rig in to have the techs look at it. The remote appears to be sending the signal because I hear a clicking noise coming from behind a wall in the cargo hold, just no power to the jacks. The jacks work fine using the rocker switch and as long as it is not plugged into shore power. It is under warranty as I have had the rig less then a week so I am sure the dealership will figure out the bug.

Thanks
Old 06-25-2013, 10:50 AM   #8

That is too funny. We too traded in a KZ (Sportsman) for our new WildCat. This was a big step up for us as we went from 24 feet to 34 feet with almost twice the weight. The new rig has lots more toys on it as well. My Ford F250 Power Stroke does its job towing it. Pleasantly surprised.
Old 06-25-2013, 05:21 PM   #9

Would you do me a favor and take a picture of the inline fuses. My dealer told me to look for those fuses, but my problem was simply a tripped circuit breaker.