Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-25-2015, 07:26 AM   #1

Frosty Acres Campground - Schendectady, NY

Anyone ever been to this campground?

I received a few gift certificates with my new camper, one being 2 free nights at this place. We are doing a short weekend trip for my daughters bday and thought i might as well use this certificate but leery about this place based on reviews i found. I'd rather pay somewhere else and be happy.
bpa098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 08:07 PM   #2

I got that also and was wondering myself. Will likely check it out.
AbdRahim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 09:40 PM   #3

I booked it. What's the worst that cam happen lol
Old 07-04-2015, 12:16 AM   #4

Let me know how it is.
Old 07-04-2015, 12:32 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Guarantee they make you sit through some sort of timeshare presentation.
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 08:29 PM   #6

no time share. Several places do this. ?They give you a day or two free hoping you will book a longer time an pay for additional days, or that you will like the place and return for a longer stay. Good marketing.
Old 07-08-2015, 07:30 AM   #7

Ya, i dont think the will be any time share presentation. We are going on 8/21, i will report back after that. I posted my question to facebook but no one has stayed there, although an acquaintance of mine stated he lives just down the road and said its a nice place. I prefer state sites up in the Adirondacks on the lake and in the woods, but my kids love these privately owned type campgrounds with all the activities. So we visit some of both over the summer, and yes they always have just as much fun with no activities besides the lake to swim and fish in
Old 11-16-2015, 09:35 PM   #8

How was it Bpa?
Old 11-18-2015, 07:48 AM   #9

sorry for not posting back. Camping season ending, i winterized my hybrid and parked it along with this site lol.

Frosty Acres was ok. Seemed to be primarily seasonal sites. If that is what you are looking for it wasn't bad. Most everyone was friendly and some helpful. You could tell the evening activities were social gatherings that was more like family/friends gathering, we were definitely outsiders.

We walked the whole park and they had a good mix of site types. There was the open area with campers packed together, but they probably all have been friends for years, and that seemed to be the kid area with a play ground and lots of kids running around. then there was a couple areas that were more wooded and with a little more space. They had a nice pond for fishing (didnt try it out), swimming (small beach on it) and paddle boats. Although they had been unable to hire a lifeguard this year so no swimming or boating allowed. They had a big pool with patio furniture so i got to relax and let the kids swim.

the condition of the park was ok, could tell it was older. Not run down but not spectacular. I really didn't drive around the area to see what was around but it was a nice country setting. We enjoyed our 2 free nights, due to extra kids we had to pay like $20 bucks. We had full hook ups that worked but were a little sketchy. For a few free nights, i cant complain, dont really see my self going back. I do plan to find a seasonal park in the future so i can just park my unit but dont think this would be the one.

I dont want to give them a bad name, many people there seemed to love it and it wasnt bad, just not my cup of tea.
Old 11-22-2015, 01:57 AM   #10

Thanks for the report. With limited funds I will elect to skip his one. Not quite ready for seasonal yet. Maybe next year. Too much to see yet and already have some favorite places to revisit.

Happy camping. Is it spring yet? Can't wait!
Old 11-22-2015, 05:01 AM   #11

Ya I still like going all over.

I love camping and will say the same thing in a month after hunting season is over lol

Tags
mpg