Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-16-2018, 10:25 AM   #1

Frustrated Camper--Camping season delayed!

Well it looks like my camping season is going to be delayed again......I had a triple by-pass three weeks ago and Docs won't let me do anything for three more weeks (cannot lift, pull, push more that 5 lbs). After that I am hoping they will turn me loose. My goal was to add one more solar panel to my TT but I cannot even hook it up and take it to the dealer. Oh well sorry for the whine just been one of those years from H E double toothpicks. Cancer surgery last February, neck fused in August and a triple by-pass in March , well as the old saying goes, things come in three's so I must be done. Any way cannot not wait to head north and back up into the Mountains of Idaho.
Love to communicate via the airwaves
WT7E (Ham Radio)
BobandAnitaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 10:43 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobandAnitaK View Post
Well it looks like my camping season is going to be delayed again......I had a triple by-pass three weeks ago and Docs won't let me do anything for three more weeks (cannot lift, pull, push more that 5 lbs). After that I am hoping they will turn me loose. My goal was to add one more solar panel to my TT but I cannot even hook it up and take it to the dealer. Oh well sorry for the whine just been one of those years from H E double toothpicks. Cancer surgery last February, neck fused in August and a triple by-pass in March , well as the old saying goes, things come in three's so I must be done. Any way cannot not wait to head north and back up into the Mountains of Idaho.
Good luck! Wish you the best!!
Schvarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 10:56 AM   #3

Quote:
Well, guess you could look at this as is the glass half full or half empty. To me it's half full. Because your typing about the bi-pass etc you just had. As we know this stuff sneaks up on us and people are no longer here to "whine" about their frustration !! So glad your around to post up and Keep the Faith you'll be back on the road soon enough
Hollywoodgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 11:31 AM   #4

Quote:
I love your attitude. It sounds like you're due three great big wins, now.

Robbie D. Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 12:48 PM   #5

Well good luck to ya Bob, after all that you should have some good karma coming your way !!!

73 de Kx8cw, John
Old 04-16-2018, 01:02 PM   #6

Ah,,,,The golden years right! Hang in there
irondog1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 01:05 PM   #7

You do know what is meant by the Golden Years? It is that it takes a lot gold to live them.
radman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 01:13 PM   #8
ARLO

Quote:
Now, think what the alternative would have been.
rlocicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 01:23 PM   #9
Scoundrel

The fact that you're here to tell us how frustrated you are is a good thing! We'll all be camping soon.

Best wishes for a great recovery.

Wooden Spoon Survivor
HangDiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 01:49 PM   #10

Feel for you Bob and Anita (this stuff affects both). I was complaining about the lousy Spring and how it was delaying our camping and yard work plans when my routine annual vascular surgeon visit (carotid clean out and mesh patch 9 years ago) turned into rush EKG and full bypass. I'm on 10lb restriction so I can do twice as much as you (LOL). I was in the middle doing a house bathroom makeover so now I'm watching contractors come in and out. As others have voiced, beats the alternative. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
2 Old Town kayaks & 2 Boston Terriers - Zoey/Gonzo
Lar & Ruth
CNYCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 01:52 PM   #11

Hope you get to your goal in 3 weeks. When I had cardiac arrest the doctor would not let me go anywhere for 6 months. Just be good and eat your Wheaties so you can get released by the Doc to go. It is going to take some time for you to heal.

2015 23 BD Gray Wolf
2008 Dodge Ram 2500 TX Edition 2015 - 7 nights, 2 trips, 2016 - 2 trip, 24 nights, 2017 1 trip, 3 nights 2018 1 trip, 93 nights

mdstudey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 02:00 PM   #12

Good luck with your recovery Sir. Do what the doctor says and take it easy.

A recent priest at my Church went to the doctor(early fifties). The doc told him if he didn't lose some weight and exercise AND eat properly... He might only have 20 years left. Priest said "I'm O.K. with that."
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 02:07 PM   #13

I know it' frustrating, but the good news is you feel well enough to complain about it. Try to be patient and give yourself time to heal. Rushing could cause a problem that you don't want at home, let alone out of town or out of state. Enjoy making your plans, though. The planning stages are some of the happiest parts of a trip!

2010 Ford F-150 Crew Cab
2015 Salem Hemisphere 263RL
CampingGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 03:14 PM   #14

Best Wishes for a Speedy Recovery

Quote:
Bob,

Our prayers are with you for a speedy recovery so you can get back to enjoying life.
Swampy

2014 287 BHBE; 1981 JayRaven: Predator 3500i - Call Home Pearl River, Louisiana. on The Honey Island Swamp
https://www.forestriverforums.com/at...pic81807_1.gif
Swampy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 03:39 PM   #15

Quote:
Wishing you a full and speedy recovery....the delay means you're just going to have to extend your camping season a bit longer....All the best!
LI Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 03:41 PM   #16

Getting old ain't for sissies!

Been there, done that, got the zipper. The doc told me to not lay around.

The first day home I headed for the park. Made it about 100' each way. The next day more.

Walk! After a couple of weeks you are not going to break.

i rescued a dog. She reminds me every 24 hours to do my 1.3 or more miles.
tomkatb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 04:06 PM   #17

A couple years ago my brother (six years younger than I) had a triple. The doctor's told him to take it easy and do not smoke again. He did neither. He ended up with the "alternative". RIP.
Prayers and blessings to you on your recovery.
markb422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 04:31 PM   #18

Good luck with your time line. I had a triple bypass a little over a year ago and I'm leaving in 2 days for my first trip with the camper. I wasn't ready to do much of anything except cardiac rehab 3 days a week for a good 6 months. I wish you well, don't rush it.
Tomgky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 04:44 PM   #19

Best wishes for a speedy recovery. Hope you can get out there sooner rather than later.
camper70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 05:04 PM   #20
Boondocking Only

God Bless. You will be there soon enough.
2010 F250 Lariat 6.8 V-10 w/Timbren SES
Custom Tunes by 5 Star Tuning
Boondocking Only
ddbck is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camper, camping