Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-13-2011, 03:44 PM   #1

Fuel Tanks

The question is: Who has added a larger fuel tank - either interior (replacement) or exterior. What should I look for and where. The big name one will cost about $1500. for an extra 20 gal (increase from 24 gal to 45 gal). I hate stopping every 3 hours +/- for fuel. Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner is all right

Life is something to do when you've finished breakfast
Chuck & Margie
Both Retired
08 2500HD Silverado 6.6L Duramax
Flagstaff 829fkss
Round Mound of Sound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 04:10 PM   #2

Location: Canandaigua,New York (The heart of the Finger Lakes)
The 2500HD only has a 24 gal. Tank ?? Really. I know im not helping, just surprised they only have a 24 gal. tank with a good sized truck like that !
BigRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 04:47 PM   #3
AKA Bluebird

Send a message via Yahoo to dimurrrw
Google "Diesel fuel caddy." A lot cheaper than what you are suggesting and 25-30 gallons are fairly easy to find. Find a place you can park for a few minutes to refuel. Beats worrying about finding a gas station you can fit into and gives you a chance to stretch.

dimurrrw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 11:14 AM   #4

I have one for my F250- I got a 60 gal tank/ tool box from northern tool company. I ran an electric fuel pump to it. I have a switch monted on the lower part of my dash. between it and the stock tank I hold about 90 gal. I can run 800+ miles towing and 1200+ with out camper between fill ups.
klucas is offline   Reply With Quote