Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-28-2012, 10:54 AM   #21
Wanna Be Camper

Our dealer has special staff that do nothing but customer walk throughs. The trailers are brought into a heated garage area and the staff has a check list of everything in the unit and walk you through all of it. At the end you sign off on the walk though and if you don't understand something they take the extra time. After the walk through, they have you bring in your TV and setup the hitch for you. Our delivery took almost 4 hours due to hitch issues and they had to move the rest of the scheduled walk throughs for that day to another area. 2 years later we still get emails with winterizing tips etc.

John & Deb
2011 F250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab 6.2
2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 11:31 AM   #22

Pdi

Wish we could have had access to a good check list to PDI our new Crusader 270 RET. The tech took time with us, but did not hook up the water, did not check any dump valves for proper operation, did not check electrical systems for us, did not operate stove, refrig, micro wave, heating system, ac system just to name a few...
Most of the information that has been posted here has in fact been sent back to our dealer for their inspection and reference for future customers.
Thanks for taking the time to list this vital information..
LKicklight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 10:40 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by pg_rider View Post
Jim, I've done a lot of research and "borrowed" from a few checklists -- here's what I've come up with:

Questions
1. Ask about Eternabond for the exterior – recommended? Does it void the warranty in any way?
pg_rider,

I was interested in Eternabonding the exterior of my new 2306 just like you. I thought if I did it when the new roof was nice and clean it would make the tape stick better and prevent any problems from happening. However, I called the factory and the person I spoke to said he did not want me to do that while under warranty. He said he didn't care what I did after the warranty period is up but if I taped the seams while under warranty it would probably void it if I did develop a problem. Thought I'd just pass this along.

Also, I'm curious what kind of hitch you settled on and what was the weight rating?

Thanks!
punkaccountant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 03:28 PM   #24

I'm actually not going with a WDH to start out with. I've got a nice easy first haul from RVW to Colorado to evaluate the handling, and I'll decide from there if I think I need one

Based on feedback from the Honda Ridgeline forum, must trailer owners don't use a WDH and have reported excellent towing characteristics. We'll see...
Old 03-06-2012, 04:19 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_Pat View Post
Thanks PG Rider - that is info every needs - exspecially a newbie like myself
Yes, thank you! That is exactly what I was looking for! Picking up new TT this weekend!
manchu39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 04:31 PM   #26

One item, to open and close all windows: I didn't and the fifth time I used mine, the bedroom escape window blew out. The only conclusion I can come to, was there was never a locking lever on the window, as in the unlocked position, the lever would have been very obvious. Wayne
wayne anthony is offline   Reply With Quote