Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-02-2014, 10:35 AM   #1

Full Time RV'ers

I saw an interesting stat last night: says there are now over 1 million full time RV'ers in the US right now. I don't ever think I will be full time, but we intend to be part time as much as possible!
Skippy38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 10:40 AM   #2

We live in our travel trailer every weekend that we can. Our plan is in 7 years with kids being gone and trailer paid off going full time. I'll be fifty and decided I wanted to enjoy life. I recently had a family friend who was four months from retiring die of a heart attack. Made me think long and hard about what's important.

Life is a highway!!!!!
jimdd810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 10:44 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimdd810 View Post
We live in our travel trailer every weekend that we can. Our plan is in 7 years with kids being gone and trailer paid off going full time. I'll be fifty and decided I wanted to enjoy life. I recently had a family friend who was four months from retiring die of a heart attack. Made me think long and hard about what's important.

Life is a highway!!!!!
I hear ya. I just turned 50 this year and had one of my long time friends 8 months older than me get pancreatic cancer last year and die in 6 months. We intend to be out on the road every chance we get.
Skippy38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 10:59 AM   #4

Only a few things to do....

Love God
Love family(especially GK)
Enjoy life(keep enough to live on) enjoy the rest...doesn't matter how you enjoy...just enjoy

if I make it...I will be 51 late this year...just learning...some of this
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 11:30 AM   #5

I had seen that I million figure a few years ago and when I look around at the many RV parks near me in SE Texas with RVs that seem to be there long term I think that number must be low?
whj77372 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 11:37 AM   #6

this is the year we have been waiting for. The light at the end of the tunnel is BRIGHT and wee will start full timing it. plenty of hosting to be done and hope to see y'all out west someday.
R&J Silverback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 12:22 PM   #7
(Dry Huunday)

We are going to go "somewhere" every chance we get....even if its right down the road at the local National Forest for the weekend! Then in 7 years we are upgrading, pulling chocks and hitting the road for good!

Seven years is the long number....we are saving and trying to get out of here sooner than that!

Hmmm....now where did I put that lottery ticket???

Beau & Sue
FurKid Express
2015 Coachmen Catalina 303RLS
2016 Chevy Silverado LT 2500HD Duramax
The more people I meet, the more I like my dogs!
DreiHunde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 10:30 AM   #8

After talking to many full timers in our travels, the wife and I get the same responses when asking, do you like going full time. The response we get most every time we ask is, do it sooner rather than later. Enjoy it while you can.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums