Old 09-09-2015, 01:51 PM   #11

Mydakotaaddress. Com tells you all about it.

Old 09-09-2015, 02:06 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grampa Jim View Post
We became full timers 4 years ago when we sold our house in Austin, Texas, and we started using Escapee's for our mail forwarding and a daughter's home address in the Austin area. We didn't feel it was worth the investment, and another of our daughters invited us to use their address for our driver's licenses and she sends mail to us about once a month after she peruses it for anything critical. It's working out well for us.
We have been using the Escapees mail service for 20 years. No problems. Livingston, TX (Escapees home park) is our registered address and is on all documents. DMV seems happy with it.

Old 09-09-2015, 03:06 PM   #13

The UPS Store mailbox service is perfect for this situation. When I need my mail, I just call them (or email them) and they send either everything, or just my first class mail to the new campground or location I am staying. Works wonderfully.

[I]Our happiest moments as tourists always seem to come when we stumble upon one thing while in pursuit of something else. [/I]
-Lawrence Block
Old 09-09-2015, 03:17 PM   #14

Two years ago, I started paying my bills on line through a major bank. Funds are electronically sent to the recipients database. In the event there is no database address, the bank sends a paper check at no cost to me. (You can determine the payment amount each month or select a specific amount to be automatically deducted on a given date each month.) Also, as often as I can, I ask for paperless billing. Both of these methods cut my "real" mail by about 60-70%.
Old 09-09-2015, 03:28 PM   #15

We went full time last year, sold everything in NY, and moved our domicile to Florida using St. Brendan's Isle mail forwarding service. They supplied us with a legal physical address that was registered at the Clay County courthouse and is on our drivers licenses and all other legal documents. We are very pleased with the mail service too. You can google them and get all the information on their website. There are similar services in lots of other places. The most "full timer friendly" states for taxes, domicile laws, and other considerations seem to be South Dakota, Texas, and Florida (in no particular order). Everyone's situation is a little different. There's lots of information on line covering the subject. I suggest you spend some time researching what fits your situation the best. Lots of people have done it successfully without too much hassle.
FroggyRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 03:30 PM   #16

We use my wife's mother's address. Works fine. She sends us our mail wherever we might be. Will continue until?
6.6 turbo diesel 6-speed Allison transmission
jman63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 05:12 PM   #17

We are full-timers. We use Escapees RV Club mail service, and this provides a legal domicile address for us in Texas. Good Sam also provides this service for full-timers. These 2 clubs provide this service for just a few states. Check their websites for terms, conditions, various regulations, and other relevant information. The address reads as if it was an apartment. We use this address for vehicle registration, driver's licences, taxes, banks and credit cards, etc.

The service costs about $100 bucks a year, plus postage depending upon what you're having forwarded. Generally with packages/parcels I have them delivered to an RV park that we are or will going to.

Approximately every 2-3 weeks I call Escapees and have them forward our mail to a relevant RV park (either where we currently are, or going to be in the near future). I always check with the relevant RV park first to make sure I have the correct address, and that they will accept mail and package delivery, and as a general heads up/courtesy to them. Never had any problems, even when I've had mail delivered to a Canadian RV Park.
Old 09-09-2015, 07:26 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Dixon View Post
If you are a full time RV'r with no other residence, traveling from state to state and not knowing where you will stay next, if a policeman stops you and asks what is your residence address -- what would you say?
Go to MyDakotaAddress.com i use it and it works great we stayed in a park for 3 days in SD and it qualified as a res. and changed our lic. and plates to SD it was easy to do in a few hours im madison Sd Terry gives you a po box no. and sends our mail when we ask for it haven't had to give her any money for a year. 16054275863 say hi for me
Dick,
dicky1243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 07:28 PM   #19

I use that address too Terry is great
Dick,
dicky1243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 08:52 PM   #20

Yes got my mail from Terri today forwarded Friday.