Old 09-09-2015, 10:21 PM   #21

Check out America's Mailbox in Box Elder, SD. (near Rapid City) Their web address is: americasmailbox.com. Look at all they have to offer. A plan for everyone.

Tell them Dave and Jane Swank PMB 5003, sent you and if you sign up they will give you a deal.

2 cats: Bello & Dexter (Peanut) RIP
DavandJane1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 12:56 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Dixon View Post
If you are a full time RV'r with no other residence, traveling from state to state and not knowing where you will stay next, if a policeman stops you and asks what is your residence address -- what would you say?
One other item which might affect some of you. If you ever decide to purchase a handgun, you must be a resident of the state you purchase it in. It is possible to be a resident of more than one state, but you will need to have a drivers license are other government-issued ID showing a *current residential address* in the state in which you are making the purchase. (Long guns have slightly different rules, varying by state.) Again, this may not be something affecting most of you, but from talking to some full-timers, it can come up at times.

Old 09-10-2015, 08:35 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalohunter View Post
Our you licensed to drive by the state of Oregon or do you have a different license to drive. I have never seen a license stating "continuous traveler". I am curious now how many states allow that. (being retired from a PD I have seen a lot of licenses)
It is a regular drivers license like any other license....only difference is it has my mailing address on it and above that it says "continuous traveler".
Oregon has that for fulltime people and it is good anywhere you go.
Old 09-12-2015, 02:30 PM   #24
RV Vagabond Jerry

No one seems to be answering my actual question. If you are a full-time RV'r with no residence other than your motorhome, how do you answer the police question "What is your residence address?". My answer is wherever I happen to park tonight.
Old 09-12-2015, 02:50 PM   #25

Quote:
No one seems to be answering my actual question. If you are a full-time RV'r with no residence other than your motorhome, how do you answer the police question "What is your residence address?". My answer is wherever I happen to park tonight.

I use a SD mailing address. If asked I say my SD mailing address, because it is listed on my registration for my TV and trailer, and my DL. I only "lived" there only 4 days last year, I still pay taxes related to "living" in SD. No matter where I live (parked) I am still a resident of SD. When a Peace Officer asks you where you live, they want to know your residence. Where your mail goes, is your residence.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

mzbrandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 03:05 PM   #26

Quote:
Most of us use the state where that our mailing is from, i changed my lic& plates to Madison Sd simple it only took a 3 day park visit and took the receipt to Terry Lund @ MyDakotaAddress.com she'll give you a po box # and you go across the street to the court house and with her paperwork all done for you and it'll take a few mins. to change lic. and Plates.
Dick,
dicky1243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 03:17 PM   #27

Quote:
Call Terry Lund @16054275863 She does all the paperwork to set you up with address box and does the paperwork for changing Lic. and Plates so you can giv the cop a lic. with a address of 110 E Center street Madison Sd 57042 just like mine.
Dick,
Old 09-12-2015, 03:27 PM   #28

Quote:
Yeah, where can I get one of those? I wish we could get a USA drivers license for those not tied to one particular state.
You can @ MyDakotaAddress.com 16054275863
Dick,
Old 09-12-2015, 03:35 PM   #29

Escapee's as well as Good Sam clubs and who I use is Americas Mailbox all google able. Amaricas Mailbox have been awesome.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

mzbrandi is offline   Reply With Quote