Here's what we do. Keep in mind, we kept the piece of property with the shop. The house we sold was at a different location.
1. vehicle registrations, what state to use. No home address. All our vehicles, RV, boat etc are registered at our shop property in Louisiana. We won't ever sell this property due to the super man cave that's on it, so it was easy just to register everything there, and leave it that way.
a. use a familys address? In your case, you could do this.
2. Drivers license, again no home address. Same thing. Driver's license shows the address to our shop in Louisiana. You could list this as a family's address if need be.
3. taxes Still registered in Louisiana, so we pay state taxes there. Residence address listed as where our shop is at, mailing is the PO box near my parents.
4. mail forwarding What little bills we have, we do all online. Pretty much everything is paperless in our case. We do have a PO box in the same town as my parents. What little mail we do need to get there is sent to us once a week, wherever we're at. Example would be, my necessary copy of motorhome and trailer life magazines.
5. insurance All paid online by the year. Everything is shown as in Louisiana. We carry the typical policy on the camper, but also have renters insurance for other items since we full time.
I am sure that there are many more downfalls to full timing it that I have not thought of.
Some move their residence elsewhere for cheaper taxes. For us, it was easier to leave everything in Louisiana. I like to keep it simple. Louisiana is relatively cheap anyway for vehicle tags and taxes. My work obviously requires me to have a physical address for travel reimbursemenet, and it is too much of a pain to change it every 2-3 months when we move, so we just agreed to leave it as is for simplicity.
There are way too many pros to outway the cons to full timing. Once you get everything organized the way you want, and let go of the fact you have no stick and bricks place, it's the best thing since sliced bread.
John and Rebecca Dickson
Emma-7 / Little John-5 / Iva-1
Full Timing Again, Rev B
2013 Ford F-350 Lariat CC LB PSD
2015 SOB TT - With OC's Awning Poles (#8)
At least in Heaven, RVs will be perfect, and I won't have to keep fixing them.