Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-18-2016, 05:55 AM   #1

Fun town rv

I purchased a ceedar creek rv from fuwn rv in jan 20015 and after the first outing had a number of warranty issues it has been over a year and still cant get them to fix any of the problems so i am repairing them myself i would be very cautious in buying anyting from them service after the sale is nonexistent i guess as the saying goes just so you know
al parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 06:06 AM   #2

I just picked up my camper from the Fun Town Service Center in Cleburne on Saturday. I could not recommend Fun Town to anyone unless they just want to buy a camper and have no service work performed. The service department was a huge disappointment to me. I will be posting my full story shortly.
Asrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 07:34 AM   #3

My 272RLIS 5'er is at the dealer for warranty work. The small wood screws that hold the clothes rack in mstr bedroom closet came out and bent the rack, screws in the aluminum screen doors are striped out, including the bathroom door hinges.

The bathroom door has never closed correctly, have to slam it, all three door hinges are bent. Service writer seen them, noted that the door hardware was loosened by me to be able to close the door.

He calls me the other day and says the door closes fine. I reminded him of the bent door hinges and loose hardware. Told him to tighten all up like factory, then get back with me if it closes properly. Hasn't called. I would rather fix many of my warranty issues, taking it to the dealer is a PITA.

I wish the factory would avoid using power tools to install some fasteners, I'd say 30% of them are stripped out.

2016 Forest River Heritage Glen 276RLIS
2017 Chevrolet Silverado LTZ 2500HD Duramax
Pasco, Washington
41ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 08:50 AM   #4

I purchased my camper in the middle of February from Fun Town. The PDI was a joke. Fun Town was very busy and wanted to get us out the door as fast as possible. I know some may say I should have stood my ground and made them take the time to do it right. However, I just felt it was worthless at the moment. For example, the water was not hooked up, no water was in the tank and there was no way to really test anything. I had no confidence in the person doing the PDI. My wife and I went to a state park that was about 15 miles from Fun Town and spend the night. There were several issues we found once we had time to look around. I will say that even if we had took more time during the PDI I don’t think we would have found the issues. One was a bent axle. Two other more major issues were there was a large bubble in the floor and there was a wall that had a bulge at the bottom. The other issues were minor. One issue I found only after I got home and could get a ladder and look at the roof. The corners of the roof were not properly sealed. One corner was missed totally.

We returned to Fun Town the day after we purchased the trailer and pictures were taken of everything and sent to the service department. We made an appointment to return three weeks later, (and it was very difficult getting a call back to make the appointment so that took the first week).
We took the camper in to the Service Department the first week of March. We were told everything would be fixed by the following Thursday with the exception of the axle needed to be ordered. I understood that and had no issues with that. I picked up the trailer on Saturday. I had forgotten the keys and it was locked. No one offered anything other than to point me to where it was parked. When I got home I found out nothing had been fixed from the list. By that I mean not one thing as done. The camper was returned just the way I dropped it off.
Once again it took a while to get a call back. Finally I found out that the service rep had been fired on Monday and a person by the name of Adam Ross finally called be back. He said that Forest River denied the claim on the roof. He told me that the request was for a complete new roof at 35 hours of labor. The funny thing was the paper work did not indicate I had picked up the trailer. Adam said he would take pictures of it and see what he could do. I told him he couldn’t cause I had the trailer and they already had pictures of the roof. Basically Adam said he would order the axle and I could return the camper when the axle came in. I did a temporary patching job so that nothing would leak. I spoke with Adam a number of times during March and April.

The axle came in around the first week of May and I made an appointment to drop the trailer off on May 21st. I was told it would be ready on June 4th. I never heard anything so I started calling and never got a call back. Finally the service writer called me on June 9th and told me the camper was ready but she needed to go to the shop and inspect it. She said I could pick it up June 11th. She said she would call me back as soon as she inspected it to let me know if it was ready. I never got a call so I started calling again the next week. When she finally called me back she told me what a wonderful job they did fixing the floor. I asked about the rest of the list and she told me the floor and the wall was the only thing that had been fixed but they did a really wonderful job both.
This happened two more times, (being told it was ready only never getting a call back and then finding out it is not ready). Finally on July 7th I was again told it was all ready. I asked about the axle and this is where I got to the point I figured I this was beyond any form of reasonable. I was told the axle was not done and would not be replaced. When I asked why, there was no explanation other than they just were not going to replace it. I asked to speak to Adam Ross and was told he would call me back, which he did not. I started calling again on July 8th and was told again he would call me back which he never did. I spoke again to Melody that afternoon and she assured me he would call me that evening or the next day which was Saturday. I never got a call. I called the first thing Saturday morning and was told again he would call. He never did. I finally called back and was told he was not in the office that day. Finally late Saturday afternoon I got a call back from Melody saying she had worked everything out and the axle would be put on.

I picked up the camper Saturday July 17th. I when and camped in it that day so I could check everything out. One thing of interest, for some reason they reported that there was no water pressure in the sink and they disassembled the end of the facet and cleaned it. I did not report this issue and as far as I know I was not having this issue. When I turned the sink on there was air in the line and the end of the sink blew completely off. I put that all back together and all is fine with it I guess.

Bottom line, I would not recommend buying from Fun Town even if you were saving money on the purchase because the service is not what I would expect.
Old 07-18-2016, 10:56 AM   #5

Maybe I am out of the norm on this. I actually had a good sell and was out in a few hours. Came back a week later and went through the PDI. I had a couple things that had issues but that was expected with a new unit. I chose to correct them myself.

The only issue I had with the service department was when I need to have a recall issue resolved the service department was booked out 45 days.

I spoke with the service manager and since they wanted me to leave it with them and I live 100 miles from the dealership I asked if they could resolve it while I wait. Estimated repair was only 30 minutes. They obliged and I was on repaired and out the door in no time.
MarcH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 11:17 AM   #6

I really can't say anything bad about the sales experience. It was reasonable. It is the service area that is unreasonable. I would not complain about the time it took if I could get a call back within a reasonable time. Also when I did get a call back the person could not tell me anything unless she physically walked to the shop. I find that unacceptable in our day with technology being what it is. I would feel okay even after they missed the first promised delivery date if it had been communicated properly. By the time it was all over I really did not know if my axle would be fixed or not.

The issue is really just not running a customer orientation service department. I should not have to go through that type of stuff to get something fixed.
Old 07-18-2016, 01:44 PM   #7

I bought my 2nd 5th wheel form them in March. This time the guy doing the PDI was great. I don't think the guy doing my first one in 2013 knew how to spell RV.

Anyway I knew their service department was horrible so when I need anything I just call Forest River and get them to approve an independent shop. I needed a slide adjusted and it took the shop 30 minutes. I had the check from Frost River ion 1 1/2 weeks.

I'd never take anything to Funtown for service. I just buy from them since they are hard to beat on price.
Old 07-19-2016, 08:13 PM   #8

Maybe I am just difficult to please but I drove over an hour to get to Funtown in Cleburne before purchasing my Cardinal 5th wheel. I knew what I wanted and was looking at a Cardinal and also a Redwood with front living room. I was offended when I drove up into the parking lot in Cleburne as they had the 30.06 and 30.07 signs prominently displayed preventing me from carrying my concealed handgun with me anywhere on their property. Strike 1! Waited for a salesperson over ten minutes while they were having a "party" in the sales department. Finally got with a salesman and told him what I was looking for and we proceeded to locate the two that might work on their lot. Looked at both and was not impressed with either as they had not been cleaned up, did not have batteries in them and it was about 110 degrees inside. Went back to the sales department and waited for a price estimate and also a trade-in value on our motor home. One hour later still waiting and I left my email with the salesman to get back with me when they figured out whether they wanted to sell one or not! Over the next week I was bombarded with emails and texts and phone calls about selling the Redwood they had on their lot. If they had shown half the interest while I was physically on their lot I would have bought that day. Good thing they did not! I ended up in Arlington at United Rv and have been much happier so far. Asked salesperson if I could carry concealed while looking at RV's and was pleasantly surprised when he said certainly - I do! Very good experience with sales, trade-in and service department so far. When it goes back for the PDI items to be corrected that were found I will update about the service department. Still waiting after four weeks for all items from factory to get in stock before I take it to them for the repairs. Total waste of my time going to Cleburne and waste of diesel to get there!
Old 07-19-2016, 10:43 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by alleyoop View Post
Maybe I am just difficult to please but I drove over an hour to get to Funtown in Cleburne before purchasing my Cardinal 5th wheel. I knew what I wanted and was looking at a Cardinal and also a Redwood with front living room. I was offended when I drove up into the parking lot in Cleburne as they had the 30.06 and 30.07 signs prominently displayed preventing me from carrying my concealed handgun with me anywhere on their property.!

Yup. Gotta watch out for those Rv salesman. Never know when you might need to bust a cap in someone's azz....

2016 Sabre 36QBOK
2015 Ram 3500 CUMMINS
Old 07-20-2016, 01:23 PM   #10

I think 95% of everyone that buys from FunTown is less than happy with their service department. I know I have had a few issues with them and they make you feel like it's them against you!

The buying experience is hit or miss! I have bought 2 campers from them my first camper buying experience with them was a nightmare! My second experience was a breeze... It was actually enjoyable the second time!

However they build their business off of selling the lowest priced RV's! That is why people buy from them! I personally hope that my next RV will not be from there!

FunTown RV is the definition of best price doesn't always mean its a better deal!
Old 08-30-2018, 10:24 PM   #11

Fun town sucks. You will get a rock bottom price.. But it comes with a cost..
" SELL IT AND FORGET IT!"

Timberking
Timberking is offline   Reply With Quote