Old 03-05-2016, 01:15 AM   #11

I just purchased from FTRV in Giddings. Headed Saturday to pick up. Hoping I have a better experience. I'll report back.

Hope your situation improves as well.

I originally dealt with the Wharton office and wouldn't recommend going there. I'll spare yall the details.

Old 03-05-2016, 06:37 AM   #12

My wife dropped our unit that we picked up two weeks ago off at the service department in Cleburne. They said they would take care of all five issues and have the trailer back to us by Wednesday. If that happens, I will not have any complaints. I will say that if you want to get in touch with a service adviser on the phone, you need to be ready to wait patiently. I will let everyone know what happens, but so far I am happy with Fun Town. Saying that, I have to over look the fact that the PDI was a real disappointment and they unit just was not cleaned very well at all. I reduced the weight of the unit just by getting all the sawdust and cut out parts lift in the cabinets out.

Old 03-10-2016, 10:28 AM   #13

I took my new Wildwood 195BH that I picked up in Feb to the Fun Town Service department for a few items. The main ones were a bent axle and bad flooring. I talked to them today and everything is going to be resolved without issue. When we pick it up at the dealership, we went directly to a state park only a few miles away. I noticed the flooring had an issue the next day and also noticed the wheels were leaning in at the top. So, at this point I am happy with the service department. I will say it is sometimes hard to reach the service writers on the phone. Two different ones finally called me and then a third one is the one actually working with me. Again, I can't say anything bad about them yet.
Asrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 11:09 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asrabbit View Post
I took my new Wildwood 195BH that I picked up in Feb to the Fun Town Service department for a few items....//snip//
Giddings?

Tug: 2010 2wd Nissan Armada Titanium with tow package.
Specs: Max Trailer Weight 9,100, Tongue Load: 910, GCWR: 15,100, GVWR: 7,150, Payload: 1,592
DadOfTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 11:16 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asrabbit View Post
I took my new Wildwood 195BH that I picked up in Feb to the Fun Town Service department for a few items. The main ones were a bent axle and bad flooring. I talked to them today and everything is going to be resolved without issue. When we pick it up at the dealership, we went directly to a state park only a few miles away. I noticed the flooring had an issue the next day and also noticed the wheels were leaning in at the top. So, at this point I am happy with the service department. I will say it is sometimes hard to reach the service writers on the phone. Two different ones finally called me and then a third one is the one actually working with me. Again, I can't say anything bad about them yet.
So they delivered a new trailer to you with a bent axle and bad flooring that they didn't catch in PDI and while you also say the service writers are hard to reach you also say you are happy.

Why?

Am I also correct in saying you haven't gotten your trailer back yet?
Please update us when you do.
DKRITTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 01:40 PM   #16

They seem like a pretty good bunch of folks, so yes I guess I am pretty happy with them. The floor thing was pretty hard to see. I did not see it at first. The issue is that the vinyl is delaminating from the plank pieces in places. It has started to bubble up. Could be it was not very bad during the PDI. I really do not know. I know by the time we got to the state park I started to see some of it occurring. As far as the axle, I guess if someone was really looking for it, they could have seen it. The only reason I started looking is because of the floor. I thought the floor might be delaminating because something was bent so I started looking around. I stuck a level to the wheel and could tell right away the wheel was leaning in at the top.

When I got home I also looked at the roof. The factory did not do a very good job sealing the roof. There were some open spaces. I order some of the dicor to fix it myself, but then since I was taking it back I figured I would let them fix it. Now I have a tube for next time.

The service guy said they have to order the axle and the floor. I am going to pick up the camper and use it as is until the axle comes in. I told the service guy he can just pick a time to do the floor when they were not so busy. I really do not care if they take a while since it is not an issue other than it looks bad and would be considered a defect when I get ready to sell the camper. Of course, I hope the guys are pretty good at what they do. A lot of stuff will need to be taken out to fix that floor. I may end up with a bigger mess after they fix it then I have now.

Again, Fun Town seems to be taking care of me. As far as the service people being hard to reach, I understand that. I am sure they are over worked and I am sure they are understaffed. There is not a lot of money in the business to run a place with people just setting around ready to take a call. Those guys are hopping all the time. So, I will give them that. I eventually got them on the phone, so in the end it was all good. They seem to be working with me and that works for me.

My wife is going on a camping trip next week, (without me). So I am just happy it worked out we will have the camper for her.
Asrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 03:44 PM   #17

Hope for the best. Prepare for the worst.