Old 03-01-2016, 12:13 PM   #1
Unhappy Fun Town RV - Giddings TX

Has anyone had issues with the relatively new Fun Town RV in Giddings TX?
Just asking, as we just bought one and already have a couple issues.
* Only one set of keys (they can't find the other set);
The cargo bay key was so hard turning, that the key broke off!
* No Owner Packet (they are still looking for it);
* Faulty Auto-leveling (Took it back and they DID fix it.).

I contacted the factory, and was told to go through the dealer......

All of these may be squared away soon. But right now I can't lock the cargo bay, and I'm a bit frustrated that the dealer doesn't seem to have any degree of urgency to take care of it. I hope I'm proven wrong soon.

dandianntx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 06:36 PM   #2
I think poor service after the sale is true with all the Fun Town locations. They lie about ordering parts needed to repair warranty problems. They will not call you back when you find out about their lies. Management will not call you back. They haven't even responded to Forest River when they inquired about our problem.

MK Clark
2015 2819VS Windjammer

MKClark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 07:34 PM   #3
We picked up our 16DBH last Saturday from Fun Town Giddings after multiple visits, and I felt we had a good experience with them.

We didn't do as thorough of PDI as we should have, but only found a couple really small things.

They installed my WDH even though I didn't buy it from them. I expected to do it myself, but they offered. But I'll have to redo some things I don't think are right, like they put the brackets on the trailer tongue first thing, and the chains are angled, not straight up-and-down But that's an easy fix.

After we left, about 20 miles down the road I was doing a walk-around at a gas station and realized they hadn't put the temp license on it. I called them, and the salesman we had been working with brought it to us and strapped it on. This wasn't even an inconvenience, since we had stopped for lunch, and he had it delivered and installed before we finished eating.

I'm bummed you had a bad experience, because I thought we had found a 'good one.'

Welcome to the site, dandianntx! Hope the future holds lots of good adventures, that you can share with us! We're in Cedar Park, just north of Austin.
Family of five camping in a Spankin' new
Grey Wolf 26DBH LTD pushing a
'03 Dodge Ram 1500 via
10k/1k HaulMaster WDH stopped by a
Prodigy P2 brake controller
DadOfTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 04:36 PM   #4
I also had a great experience with Fun Town RV out of Cleburne. Met the salesman at the Dallas RV show and we talked. Told him what we were looking for. After the show we called him up went looking at various models and found what we wanted. Was smooth process over to financing. PDI was also pretty good and not as detailed as it should be but it is information overload to begin with.

After the sell I had some concerns with my WDH and they addressed the issue promptly.
Marc Haught
15 Vengeance 31V
15 Ram 2500 6.4
MarcH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 06:55 PM   #5
I purchased my Wildwood 195BH from Fun Town RV in Cleburne. I really enjoyed the sales person and I think he did a really good job. I already knew what I was looking for, so he did not have to work too hard. The PDI was very poor. I just figured since I was buying a low dollar unit I did not get the best person they had. I was not able to test anything since no water was hooked up. I did find an issue with the floor after we left the dealership and went to the state park. Also, it really looks to me like the axle is bent as the top of the tires are leaning in rather than out. The axle is still arched, but I would not think the tires should be leaning in at the top. I take it back for service this weekend, so we will see how it goes.
Asrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 12:29 PM   #6
I bought from Fun Town, Cleburn. Great sales experience. Total disappointment after. Won't return calls or emails. Have had to do my own repairs on what should have been warrantee items. Don't understand why factory sends customers back to dealers that totally ignore customers. Get the best deal you can and find a good mobile tech. Wouldn't recommend Fun Town.
Rollingdunder1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 12:55 PM   #7
Funtown Gidding

They just open up in Dec they took care of we with a floor repair bought 3 Rv from them no problem with the service.
Rkluge777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 06:40 AM   #8
We bought a Cedar Creek from Fun Town in Cleburne last summer. The sales experience was fine but the service has been a completely different experience.

It has been a horrible experience to deal with them. We have a major electrical issue that we have are either going to have to fix ourselves or go through litigation to force them to take care of.

From the finance office to the service department we feel we have been intentionally mislead repeatedly.

Based on our experience I would never recommend Fun Town to anyone for any reason.
2015 Ford F350 CC SRW LB 4X4
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS (My Last FR Product)
20,000 LB Reese GooseBox Hitch
DKRITTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 07:13 AM   #9
After several attempts to reach someone in the service dept at Fun Town, Cleburne, hopefully we are getting closer to a resolution. BUT, I am not holding my breath! I have been ignored, calls have not been returned, nothing is being done, even after threatening legal procedures to get this problem resolved. My solution, take a couch out of an rv on their lot, put it in our RV and then they can order a new couch for the trailer on the lot. Good luck selling that one! Upper Management could care less! All they seam to care about is SELL, SELL, SELL!
MK Clark
2819VS Windjammer
MKClark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 07:25 AM   #10
We bought our Silverback 29RE from Funtown in Wharton, Tx, where I saved several thousand dollars, and received the best trade-in offer on our old fiver. The next closest Silverback dealer was still 2 hours away. So I made the decision to save the big dollars and own the warranty issues myself. But that's me.
All of the "warranty" type issues have been relatively minor, and I have fixed them myself. I have learned over the years to not expect much from any rv dealer. There are some independent rv repair facilities that are pretty good, but most dealers just don't keep trained people on staff. It is disturbing to me how some people are treated "after" the sale. But knowing this is why I made my purchase where I saved the most money, because I knew I would mostly be "on my own" for warranty repairs.
Having said that, i have had a couple of issues where I did get help from Forest River. It takes a little nagging, but I have gotten them to send me a couple of parts after I convinced them that I could install them myself. The exception to that is electrical parts, where they are very "liability" conscious.

2016 Ford F-350 Lariat CC, 4x4 SRW. B&W turnover with extender. 2015 CC Silverback 29RE, fitted with Reese Goose Box. Amateur Extra Class K5TS, 2016 nights camped 16
Davidg is offline   Reply With Quote